HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN's (John Buccigross') Top 100 Current Players In The NHL- 4 Kings Ranked Overall

Old
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
ESPN's (John Buccigross') Top 100 Current Players In The NHL- 4 Kings Ranked Overall

All 100 are listed now, 4 Kings: Kopitar (15), Doughty (44), Richards (46), Quick (53)

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75...urrent-players

Quote:
53. Jonathan Quick: Most of the country is in bed while he is working. I picked the Kings to win the West primarily because of the Connecticut native's ability. If the U.S. had an Olympic gold-medal game next week, Tim Thomas would start and Quick would be the backup. He also leads the NHL in shutouts.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 01-29-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:15 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
I'm really curious to see who is ahead of him. That's lower than I'd have thought for sure.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
"Tim Thomas would start and Quick would be the backup. He also leads the NHL in shutouts."

Yea, not with how he has been playing. Quick would be starting.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
"Tim Thomas would start and Quick would be the backup. He also leads the NHL in shutouts."

By the time the next Olympics roll around, Quick will be the starter, and Thomas will be the back up or retired.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
By the time the next Olympics roll around, Quick will be the starter, and Thomas will be the back up or retired.
ditto

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
SFKingshomer

Jimmy Howard or Quick will start

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I guess the rest of the Kings' players are in the top 50, right? Right???

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:28 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I guess the rest of the Kings' players are in the top 50, right? Right???
Two made it to the 26-50 group. I guess Kopi is in the top 25...

44. Drew Doughty: Doughty is regressing offensively and that has to concern the Kings. Is he committed to being a professional off the ice and the best at his position? He has all the tools to be in the 20s on this list.

46. Mike Richards: Much has been made of Mike Richards' off-ice lifestyle. That can't be quanitified, but his on-ice numbers can. This is the fourth straight year his points-per-game average has gone down. But he is such a gamer, and I love him in big spots.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Two made it to the 26-50 group. I guess Kopi is in the top 25...

44. Drew Doughty: Doughty is regressing offensively and that has to concern the Kings. Is he committed to being a professional off the ice and the best at his position? He has all the tools to be in the 20s on this list.

46. Mike Richards: Much has been made of Mike Richards' off-ice lifestyle. That can't be quanitified, but his on-ice numbers can. This is the fourth straight year his points-per-game average has gone down. But he is such a gamer, and I love him in big spots.
Hate, hate, hate to see the public opinion change of Drew.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post

After the stunt he pulled this week, I hope Thomas doesn't even get asked to represent this country.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Hate, hate, hate to see the public opinion change of Drew.
I don't.

I'd rather the media and the world start to think he sucks so he can right his head.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:46 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
After the stunt he pulled this week, I hope Thomas doesn't even get asked to represent this country.
Oh brother.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:29 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I don't.

I'd rather the media and the world start to think he sucks so he can right his head.
He may not be the type of player who handles that type of criticism well. He's been coddled by the media since before he entered the league, he may not respond to negativity as well as we'd hope.

I hope not saying he doesn't deserve it, just that it may not have the desired effect.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:57 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

How is the recent "regressing" of Doughty concerning? He's a 21 year old defensemen. His competition (for defensemen) is what, ten years older? Give him a few years. Defensemen take time to mature. He'll be the next Ray Bourque by the time it's all said and done. I'm not worried one bit about him.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
How is the recent "regressing" of Doughty concerning? He's a 21 year old defensemen. His competition (for defensemen) is what, ten years older? Give him a few years. Defensemen take time to mature. He'll be the next Ray Bourque by the time it's all said and done. I'm not worried one bit about him.
Logic? Get out.

It's pathetic what the media and some of the fans around here say about him. I was never concerned about Doughty and still not.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Logic? Get out.

It's pathetic what the media and some of the fans around here say about him. I was never concerned about Doughty and still not.
I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, but I would place it in the balanced optimism category over the logical. We can trace back and find the same exact statements for many young defenseman drafted of the past couple of decades. The Ray Bourque comparisons aside, I think the solace many Kings fans can take, at least, is in the fact that Doughty's play has been much improved recently and appears to be taking the mold of his former Norris nominated efforts of the past.

The #1 contributor to the lack of individual points, production, and team offense is primarily our lack of an efficient powerplay. As soon as we resolve our struggles on the man advantage, however it may occur, we will obviously see those numbers rebound back to their respectable selves. Most of Doughty's points, and 30 goals seasons of the past scored by our forwards, were generated by the powerplay, and now that it is worthless to us, our stats have taken a nosedive.

Old
01-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, but I would place it in the balanced optimism category over the logical. We can trace back and find the same exact statements for many young defenseman drafted of the past couple of decades. The Ray Bourque comparisons aside, I think the solace many Kings fans can take, at least, is in the fact that Doughty's play has been much improved recently and appears to be taking the mold of his former Norris nominated efforts of the past.

The #1 contributor to the lack of individual points, production, and team offense is primarily our lack of an efficient powerplay. As soon as we resolve our struggles on the man advantage, however it may occur, we will obviously see those numbers rebound back to their respectable selves. Most of Doughty's points, and 30 goals seasons of the past scored by our forwards, were generated by the powerplay, and now that it is worthless to us, our stats have taken a nosedive.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually agree. It's more that people lump him in overrated and overpaid category now. That's where it becomes unbearable to read.

"Doughty just wants the money"
"Doughty is overweight"
"Doughty is ths next phaneuf"

And it's more so on other boards then this one. It's idiotic statements like that make me shake my head.

He is obviously not performing as well but, it's not because those above reasons. If Doughty is doing anything it's that he's trying to hard.

He is going to have his ups and downs. I hope everybody knows that. We aren't going to see what he's really made of until his last 20's, imo.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Nex06

That's one guy deciding about which players he thinks are top 100 correct? Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't everyone on this forum do the same? I don't believe in players being ranked like this anyway so the whole idea is wrong from the beginning. How could result be any better?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

They finished it, Kopitar is #15.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually agree. It's more that people lump him in overrated and overpaid category now. That's where it becomes unbearable to read.

"Doughty just wants the money"
"Doughty is overweight"
"Doughty is ths next phaneuf"

And it's more so on other boards then this one. It's idiotic statements like that make me shake my head.

He is obviously not performing as well but, it's not because those above reasons. If Doughty is doing anything it's that he's trying to hard.

He is going to have his ups and downs. I hope everybody knows that. We aren't going to see what he's really made of until his last 20's, imo.
He signed a big contact so people have high expectations of him as they should. He is overpaid right now so I think people have a right to be critical. I didn't sign the contact, he did.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
They finished it, Kopitar is #15.
I saw that it, and this statement is so far off it's not even funny: "He entered the NHL as a 19-year-old and is pretty much the same player.". No he's not. He's a much better 2-way center than when he entered the league.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:36 PM
jml87

I'm sorry. It's hard for me to take an opinion on hockey seriously from the same network that cares more about sports in their offseason than the NHL.

They only know one thing about hockey and that's Sidney Crosby. Oh and look who's on top despite not playing more than a lick of hockey in over a year.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Vamos Rafa
Ban ADT

I can't stand Buccigross on SportsCenter. "Number 4 Bobby Orr." Ugh.

But he's the only one on ESPN that cares about hockey so that's a positive.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
He signed a big contact so people have high expectations of him as they should. He is overpaid right now so I think people have a right to be critical. I didn't sign the contact, he did.
On the flipside to that article, you aren't paying that contract either, the Kings are.

People have a right to be critical I guess, but there's a difference in being critical and just slamming a guy by calling him "fat" "lazy" etc.

Last edited by kingsfan: 01-28-2012 at 09:59 PM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Nex06

That is one of the most clueless hockey fans I have seen writing articles online. Yeah, he is just a hockey fan without any kind of knowledge about the sport. Absolutely disgraceful. What the ...

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote