HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Boone says/Subban says/Pacioretty says

Old
01-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I think Bergeron is a racist. He has been after PK's head all season. Anyone who thinks PK should be traded needs his head examined.
Bergie's favorite players have always been Price, Subban and Andrei K.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Again, I like toughness. PK is tough. Fighting I do not care about though, and if someone fights, it certainly shouldn't be our 25min/game #1 dman.

Why not? If you would have coached the Rocket you would have sad to him "Don't fight" because he's too good? These are men.

Personaly I don't want PK to fight because he sucks at it.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
PK is abrasive, cocky, immature, brash, arrogant and a hell of a hockey player. He needs to grow up, get a wife, and start making babies. Once he grows up and mellows a bit, he'll be a top 10 defensemen in the NHL.
Please for the love of god tell me this was a poor attempt at trolling? He needs a wife and babies to mellow out? Just...

He is having a slump season and yes is a cocky but damn is his attitude overplayed. God forbid he shows some personality.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Mike Boone

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone...-last-night-57

Quote:
Trading P.K. Subban would be the worst move the Canadiens have made since the Patrick Roy trade … and there have been some doozies.

Quote:
I didn’t get to watch L’Antichambre. But on a night when the Canadiens won and Gomez played well, I don’t doubt members of the UUCG – Unemployed and Unemployable Coach’s Guild – were all over P.K.’s ass.

At the risk of repeating myself, I’ll invoke the Pink Floyd paraphrase:

Hey punditos, leave this kid alone!

Subban won’t be 23 until May and he’s played less than two full seasons in the NHL.

With the polar ice caps melting faster than Andrei Markov’s recovery from knee surgery, P.K. is the Canadiens’ only puck-moving defenceman … and will be for a while.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Ginu

Boone, Todd and the majority of RDS are knobs.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:10 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Subban for Marchand.
What's wrong with you?

Do people actually believe this is a good trade nowdays?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
If we trade Subban riots imo
Roit for what
Not like they would be trading the rocket or the flower, god do people think that pk is that good. He's more like a player with a lot of problems right now.
Wait it out and see if he turns it around , if he don't, he is worthless to the team, or plain and simple, you trade him, not a big deal, I don't think the team will fold if PK is not on it.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
habdynasty

Subban won't be traded.........

The Chelios trade still hurts....

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Roit for what
Not like they would be trading the rocket or the flower, god do people think that pk is that good. He's more like a player with a lot of problems right now.
Wait it out and see if he turns it around , if he don't, he is worthless to the team, or plain and simple, you trade him, not a big deal, I don't think the team will fold if PK is not on it.
What problems does PK have exactly?? You said he has a lot of them, so it'll be easy for you to point out a couple.
Being young and learning isn't a problem.

And btw, even if PK remains the same, he's still out best Dman by far. He's still one of the better Dmen of this league as well. That's on an apparent bad year (I disagree with most, I feel he's been good). So, if you think this is PK bad, then PK good would be just THAT good.

You should really stop posting about PK.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
So let me get this strait, you want the Habs to hang on to PK Subban but you don't wnat them to hang on to Carey Price?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Habs

Boone defending Gomez on any level = Boone sucking farts out of dead chickens. Just stop it, there is no defending Gomez on any level.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
you must have a very long long list of "cowards" when it comes to NHLers.

on a nightly basis I see lot's of guys play as hard, if not harder, than Subban, who rarely drop the gloves and most certainly wouldn't do so with a less skilled tougher guy.

Subban may be cocky as hell, he may be mouthy, he may be too much of a showboat... but just b/c he wont fight a guy like Lucic, or covers up when getting jumped by a guy like Ference after delivering a hit, doesn't make him a coward in my mind.

in fact, watching Subban be willing to go toe-to-toe, between the whistles, with any player in the league (including guys like Lucic or Chara) makes him the exact opposite.

saddly, people want to believe that being a "tough" hockey player is somehow tied to what one is willing to do with their fists AFTER the whistles go... it's ridiculous really.

Dryden described it the best in a recent article... "tough" is playing the game the way Subban does, not backing down an inch while playing the game (unlike guys like Kaberle or Cammy, who shy away from the physical play during the game and avoid the tough areas on the ice).
Call me crazy but I seem to remember an incident where Subban was actually running after Lucic to fight him? Or was that just a dream... I can't remember which game it was, it was last year I think and I completely forgot the context in which it happened.

He did fight 5 times last year though.

And for those calling him a coward, Subban isn't and has never been one. Unless you view him protecting his face after getting jumped from behind by a raging lunatic cowardly? Come on, he didn't even get the chance to drop them. I'm not saying this to you btw just to the general population here, I realize you said the same thing.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Finally some people see the light. HOW MANY YEARS HAVE I BEEN ASKING FOR THIS! No, I'm not a Bruins fans, but I'm a fan of their style. And the Habs were just going the total opposite way. We,ve got to back to the roots. You need the greatest of mix between talent and toughness. Boston has it. We still don't by a mile.

So now that players are asking for it, can we take it now seriously?
You and I both. To Gauthier's credit, he's done a decent job getting bigger, but he forgot to address the grit, the toughness aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
the media is on a crusade to get Subban traded out of Montreal...people should remember how we've lacked patience with our young stars and how its come back to haunt us.

It almost happened with Carey Price
How true. Media (and fans) almost got Price out of town. They did get Cammalleri out and they're doing the same thing with Subban. Fans should be smarter than what they've shown. While every single one of them says that they don't get influenced by the media, a vast majority is... and it's hurting the team.

Same with those booing their own at home games. Then they'll blame taxes, weather, language and other crap for players (including local boys) not wanting to come to Montreal. Grab a big mirror if you want to see the true reason, folks!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What problems does PK have exactly?? You said he has a lot of them, so it'll be easy for you to point out a couple.
Being young and learning isn't a problem.

And btw, even if PK remains the same, he's still out best Dman by far. He's still one of the better Dmen of this league as well. That's on an apparent bad year (I disagree with most, I feel he's been good). So, if you think this is PK bad, then PK good would be just THAT good.

You should really stop posting about PK.
It's a piss poor league if pk is one of the best d-man with the season he's having.
If he keeps up the ****, he will be gone, maybe not this year but by the middle of the next season.
Needs a coach to shut him up and get him to play hockey only, what they pay him to do...he's a hot headed hotdog or so he thinks

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
lxzred

I must say I find it Ironic that the Habs start getting bigger as Burke's Leafs start going with a small speedy skilled team.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Call me crazy but I seem to remember an incident where Subban was actually running after Lucic to fight him? Or was that just a dream... I can't remember which game it was, it was last year I think and I completely forgot the context in which it happened.

He did fight 5 times last year though.

And for those calling him a coward, Subban isn't and has never been one. Unless you view him protecting his face after getting jumped from behind by a raging lunatic cowardly? Come on, he didn't even get the chance to drop them. I'm not saying this to you btw just to the general population here, I realize you said the same thing.
Wrong black guy...that was Laraque

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
It's a piss poor league if pk is one of the best d-man with the season he's having.
If he keeps up the ****, he will be gone, maybe not this year but by the middle of the next season.
Needs a coach to shut him up and get him to play hockey only, what they pay him to do...he's a hot headed hotdog or so he thinks
Yep. Because I guess a 22 or 23 year old defenseman who logs the most minutes of all defensemen on his team, 26th most minutes per game in the entire NHL is done developing right?

What is it with this city and destroying our own players? Hot headed hotdog? You sound like a freaking Leaf fan.

He's a KID. Patience.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yep. Because I guess a 22 or 23 year old defenseman who logs the most minutes of all defensemen on his team, 26th most minutes per game in the entire NHL is done developing right?

What is it with this city and destroying our own players? Hot headed hotdog? You sound like a freaking Leaf fan.

He's a KID. Patience.
Don't take that guy seriously, he just says this stuff for kicks. He hasn't once had a single good thing to say about our team.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
You'd be saying the same thing right now if it were Doughty in Subban's place ffs.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't take that guy seriously, he just says this stuff for kicks. He hasn't once had a single good thing to say about our team.
It's frustrating. Especially given the fact that it's usually those same people who afterward come out and say we should never have traded so and so, or we gave up on such and such player too quickly.

Worst part is the organization itself has a history of giving up on players for reasons like that, so fans fueling that doesn't help. People have eluded to Chris Chelios in this thread. If Chelios were around in the age of the Internet hockey forums and twitter he'd be seen as the biggest bum in the NHL. The guy was a beast, but very volatile and edgy as a player (and not exactly the guy you'd want your kid to mold his off-ice behavior after).

Everyone wants the perfect player right away and have no patience and no idea of how long it takes to develop defensemen in the NHL and no sense of how many mistakes the Habs have made over the years with defensemen. Desjardins, Chelios, now McDonough, and what Subban next? And I'm sure there's more.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Slick Eller

Whats wrong with you people ???

What do you mean, you people ?

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote