HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs moving to Laval?

Old
01-27-2012, 03:11 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
No Pain No Gain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
south shore is **** now, theres no money there and all the bridges are falling down. the north shore is MUCH more better now.
They'd just have to go to fuzzy brossard instead!

HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

The Laval hate by some of you is quite funny.

I live in Montreal all my life, moved to Laval 2 years ago. Same difference.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Can't wait to catch a few games when they move. If season tickets aren't that hard to come by, I might consider picking up a pair if the price is right.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Beakermania*

The Federal Government has pulled out of funding the arena, if Laval ties to put a pro hockey team inside of it.

AHL is definitely out of the question.

Not sure what they think about a Q team.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:04 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

Agreed. I live in the west island but have been to Laval a million times. The Laval hate in this thread is absolutely laughable. I bet you most of the Laval bashers have been there once in their life if that.

First of all Laval when it comes to food > Montreal, all their restaurants are better than the Montreal equivalent. Second of all Laval is one of if not the fastest growing city in Canada, there's a reason for that. Thirdly Laval isn't a bad place, it may have some bad areas just like you guessed it... anywhere.

So many misinformed people hating on a place they've likely never even been to. Keep living in your little bubble I guess. Laval is a good city. But hey, there are people on here that refer to the west island as the "waste island" though they've been there once in their life, so it's no surprise to me a bunch of people are now hating on Laval.

The bulldogs moving to Laval is only beneficial to our club, and yet people find dumb reasons to nitpick like having some kind of bias against the city. How about going to Laval a couple times before you bash the city. It has good and bad like any other city.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:06 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Can't wait to catch a few games when they move. If season tickets aren't that hard to come by, I might consider picking up a pair if the price is right.
Same. How people are bashing this... it's really puzzling. Now we can go see our prospects at a relatively nearby city rather than in the heart of Leaf nation, and people still find reasons to complain.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I've moved to Laval couple of years ago after living all my life in Saint-Leonard, and I would never move back to the Island. Laval has everything you need and more, and more importantly no one busts your ****ing balls(neighbors). Laval is the 2nd biggest city in Quebec after Montreal, yup bigger then Quebec city. My only concern is that the problem is that this type of hockey( AHL, Junior major) is not made for this type of city.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Same. How people are bashing this... it's really puzzling. Now we can go see our prospects at a relatively nearby city rather than in the heart of Leaf nation, and people still find reasons to complain.
Exactly my point. Instead of a few hours by car, we're now a half hour ride by metro away from seeing some prospects. Imagine if guys like Leblanc, Tinordi, Gallagher and Beaulieu are around at that point?

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Exactly my point. Instead of a few hours by car, we're now a half hour ride by metro away from seeing some prospects. Imagine if guys like Leblanc, Tinordi, Gallagher and Beaulieu are around at that point?
And finally people in Montreal are going to start paying the Laval fares!!!

But no joke, Laval would be great and call ups would be minutes away

Old
01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Agreed. I live in the west island but have been to Laval a million times. The Laval hate in this thread is absolutely laughable. I bet you most of the Laval bashers have been there once in their life if that.

First of all Laval when it comes to food > Montreal, all their restaurants are better than the Montreal equivalent. Second of all Laval is one of if not the fastest growing city in Canada, there's a reason for that. Thirdly Laval isn't a bad place, it may have some bad areas just like you guessed it... anywhere.

So many misinformed people hating on a place they've likely never even been to. Keep living in your little bubble I guess. Laval is a good city. But hey, there are people on here that refer to the west island as the "waste island" though they've been there once in their life, so it's no surprise to me a bunch of people are now hating on Laval.

The bulldogs moving to Laval is only beneficial to our club, and yet people find dumb reasons to nitpick like having some kind of bias against the city. How about going to Laval a couple times before you bash the city. It has good and bad like any other city.
I bash Laval regularly ... and grew up there.
There goes that theory

I agree though, that for food options, Laval is better than west island, south shore etc...

I find the west island to be a bit more visually appealing and I find the middle class areas of WI look way more planned-out, up to date and far less tacky; though there are some sexy properties in Laval too at the high end.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

I lived in Laval all my life, moved to Montréal 3 years ago. Will never go back. Awful city. Awful people.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I've moved to Laval couple of years ago after living all my life in Saint-Leonard, and I would never move back to the Island. Laval has everything you need and more, and more importantly no one busts your ****ing balls(neighbors). Laval is the 2nd biggest city in Quebec after Montreal, yup bigger then Quebec city. My only concern is that the problem is that this type of hockey( AHL, Junior major) is not made for this type of city.
Well, there's your problem

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
habitue*

Instead of waiting again for the breastfeeding federal gvt, Laval should go ahaead with the project and split the bill between them, the Q gvt and Evenko who will probably beneficiate the most from this new infrastructure.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Don't like the idea. Hamilton is good for development because it's a really awful place where nobody truly cares about AHL hockey. The players are focused on developing. In Laval they'll have ugly Laval women throwing themselves at them to get a chance to score with a future Hab.
For all the whining about the Laval bashing how about the bolded said about Hamilton? I wonder how many times this person has been to Hamilton?

Doesn't matter though, because this move has been rumorred about 4 or 5 times since the lockout and its never actually happened.

Now we have the Owner of the Bulldogs come out and say about the report... No Way, not happening.

Plus we have the Federal Government saying about the building in Laval... If the plan is to put an AHL team there, we will not fund the building.

So it seems pretty much like TVA was jumping on rumors of a building being built (and the building may very well be built) and connecting the dots of the bulldogs moving, when none were actually there.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Dripper

Quote:
If by bigger you mean more populated I'm afraid you are wrong. Quebec City has 512 000 citizens (2010) compared to Laval's 399 000.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
For all the whining about the Laval bashing how about the bolded said about Hamilton? I wonder how many times this person has been to Hamilton?

Doesn't matter though, because this move has been rumorred about 4 or 5 times since the lockout and its never actually happened.

Now we have the Owner of the Bulldogs come out and say about the report... No Way, not happening.

Plus we have the Federal Government saying about the building in Laval... If the plan is to put an AHL team there, we will not fund the building.

So it seems pretty much like TVA was jumping on rumors of a building being built (and the building may very well be built) and connecting the dots of the bulldogs moving, when none were actually there.
How can someone that's been too Hamilton not think that?

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
How can someone that's been too Hamilton not think that?

Just keep Bashing....

I guess you've never heard of Westdale, Coote's Paradise, Hamilton Mountain, Royal Botanical Gardens, Hess Village, Ancaster, the Warplane Heritage Museum, Dundurn Castle, Devil's punchbowl, Confederation Park, the HMCS Haida museum or any of the great places Hamilton has to offer.

Every city has its good parts and its bad parts... but don't tell me that Hamilton is an Awful Place.

As for not caring about AHL hockey.... I'm pretty sure there were over 20,000 people at a game just last week... and there are well over 6,000 tickets already sold for the game tonight. So yup, no one cares about AHL hockey in Hamilton either.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:

Unless you live in Hamilton I'd imagine I've been there more times than you ever will.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Unless you live in Hamilton I'd imagine I've been there more times than you ever will.
If you've been there so often, you wouldn't be calling it "an awful place" and would realize that there are good areas and bad areas like every city.

I've lived in Hamilton for most of my life.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:01 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
If you've been there so often, you wouldn't be calling it "an awful place" and would realize that there are good areas and bad areas like every city.

I've lived in Hamilton for most of my life.
Still nothing to do for a hockey player, other than go to Toronto.

I can't believe people support the team moving to Laval though. You want the Habs media to run players out of town BEFORE they make the main squad now?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
If by bigger you mean more populated I'm afraid you are wrong. Quebec City has 512 000 citizens (2010) compared to Laval's 399 000.
I could be wrong but I heard on the radio that they had just passed Quebec city in population. It's what I heard so could be dead wrong. Also I can't find a site where it's actually updated

Old
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well, there's your problem
Don't be jealous!!!!!

Old
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

I can't believe people support the team moving to Laval though. You want the Habs media to run players out of town BEFORE they make the main squad now?
If they want night life, I would think that Hockey Players would have a very good time in Hess Village. I've seen guys like Ray Emery, Jason Spezza, Adam Mair, and others there, and that was when they were NHL players.

There is also a ton of places to go in Westdale, or in Burlington.

I know a lot of the Bulldogs even live as far away as Oakville.

If you are a young pro hockey player with free time and money, you'll find something to do.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
I could be wrong but I heard on the radio that they had just passed Quebec city in population. It's what I heard so could be dead wrong. Also I can't find a site where it's actually updated
theres no way in hell 120 000 moved to laval in 1 year

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Frankie

Quote:

if it works like it did in toronto, the media will totally ignore the ahl team in laval, after the initial novelty of having the kids nearby.

playing in laval won't put the habs' prospects "into the circus". fans and media will still entirely focus on the parent team. the farm will not be on the radar.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote