HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 10:14 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
The Jackets said they were going to apply to the league to honour it. I think we'd have heard by now if they didn't. I'm guessing if there is an issue with him not wanting to be in Columbus, they'd be better off trading him in the next month or so and being done with it. Chalk it up to a bad experience all around.
Where did you hear this? Got a link? I never heard of them saying yes or no to honoring it.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Capn Brown

Eklund garbage.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Flames/1/41677

Quote:
*The Hawks, a team with cap space to use, are interested in Kings d-man Jack Johnson... It is curious to me if there is a fit there for LA however. The Kings want a top 6 forward and a d replacement (not of jj's caliber of course). One source told me he expected there to be "another team involved and I wouldn't e surprised if it was a three-way deadline deal...the kind we have seen the Kings get involved with before."
Quote:
*Semin is a player the Kings are targeting in a big way., however I would still lean towards Detroit (e3) were I asked where Semin will sign.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I'd take Semin if he were very cheap, much cheaper than Penner. I look at him in the same way as I do Hemsky. I'd consider Jack Johnson for Patrick Sharp though.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
santiclaws

https://twitter.com/#!/BotchonCanuck...73097390702592

Quote:
LeBrun: Canucks in the mix of teams interested in Moen @team1040
The Kings need a bottom sixer badly. Moen has good size, good PK'er, plays with grit, will pop in an occasional goal and will drop the mitts. I know a certain GM who loves this kind of a player. Hmmm...

Old
01-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
B-Mac saying Morrow is possibly available and could be traded. I think he'd be a perfect fit for us, only problem is it wouldn't happen unless Dallas was indeed changing conferences before next season.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
B-Mac saying Morrow is possibly available and could be traded. I think he'd be a perfect fit for us, only problem is it wouldn't happen unless Dallas was indeed changing conferences before next season.

Well, there was the Norstrom trade.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:11 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I don't think Dallas would be trading Morrow to us when we're one of the teams they're trying to steal a playoff spot from this year.

Would be nice though, Morrow is a stud.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/BotchonCanuck...73097390702592

The Kings need a bottom sixer badly. Moen has good size, good PK'er, plays with grit, will pop in an occasional goal and will drop the mitts. I know a certain GM who loves this kind of a player. Hmmm...
God damn it seems like Vancouver gets EVERY bottom 6er available come trade deadline/off season....seriously.

Lapierre, Higgins, Malhotra, Torres...

Old
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I think Jack Johnson is our best chance at landing that elusive top 6 scorer. With an already stacked and excellent defense and goaltending plus the emergence of Voynov and Martinez and Berneir not being available to trade till we re-sign or extended Quick (which could be as late as the summer of 2013). Johnson is a biggest and best trading bait. He's young, having his best season yet and has a low cap hit and several more years on it.

Like i said Johnson is having his best season yet but in order to land someone who's gonna make a change in our offense... Someone one major is gonna have to be given up.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=613970
Quote:
McConnell said sometime in the next two weeks, he would meet with Priest, Howson, senior advisor Craig Patrick and interim coach Todd Richards about how to approach the roster for the rest of the season.

"Every option you can think of is being considered," McConnell said.

That includes what he called the "nuclear option" -- making any and all players available in a trade.

The Dispatch already has reported that Carter is on the trade block. Acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers in June for forward Jakub Voracek and the No. 8 pick in the 2011 Entry Draft -- a pick the Flyers used on rookie All-Star Sean Couturier -- Carter has just 10 goals and 17 points in 30 games and has been out since Jan. 8 because of a shoulder injury.

Also, the newspaper reported the club is not expected to bring back goalie Steve Mason next season. The 2009 Calder Trophy winner is just 5-18-2 with a 3.43 goals-against average and .882 save percentage in 26 games.

McConnell would not comment on either player specifically, but said the degree to which the changes occur will be noticeable.

"We're going to get to a point very quickly where it's going to be obvious to people how extreme we're getting," McConnell said.

"It has to be pretty clear (by the deadline) which way we're going to go. But one way or another, we are committed to improving. We thought we did this last summer; we didn't, for whatever reason. It's hard to put your finger on it, but we're going to keep searching for the right answers."
It is now pretty much confirmed that Columbus is in the market for a new starting goalie. Fire up even more speculation with Bernier being the center piece in a trade to acquire a sniper from Columbus.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
ymeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
I think Jack Johnson is our best chance at landing that elusive top 6 scorer. With an already stacked and excellent defense and goaltending plus the emergence of Voynov and Martinez and Berneir not being available to trade till we re-sign or extended Quick (which could be as late as the summer of 2013). Johnson is a biggest and best trading bait. He's young, having his best season yet and has a low cap hit and several more years on it.

Like i said Johnson is having his best season yet but in order to land someone who's gonna make a change in our offense... Someone one major is gonna have to be given up.

I do not want to give up JJ at all. I think he has really improved his overall game this year.

I also think that this would hurt our chances of signing JQ with any kind of home town discount. This would be a perfect reason for player to go where the money is. Then we as fans get upset about greedy players, cheap owners, and ticket prices going up.

We have some kids in the pipeline and a couple roster players that have no additional years on their contracts past this one.

We will see something happen but how big of a deal remains to seen.
--

Old
01-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
I think Jack Johnson is our best chance at landing that elusive top 6 scorer.

Would you believe TWO elusive top 6 scorers? I just thought of this....

Johnson
Stoll
Penner

for

Carter
Jackets 1st round pick in 2012 (Nail!!!)

Would they go for that? What if we re-signed Stoll & Penner to uber cheap, semi-long term deals and then dealt them along with JJ?

Old
01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Where did you hear this? Got a link? I never heard of them saying yes or no to honoring it.
At the time of the trade. No link, and I won't be at a computer till tomorrow so if you want to do some googling you might find something.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

It is now pretty much confirmed that Columbus is in the market for a new starting goalie. Fire up even more speculation with Bernier being the center piece in a trade to acquire a sniper from Columbus.
That's totally douchey on their part to say that about Mason. It's also incredibly stupid in the same way it was stupid of Ed Snider to say the goaltending in Philly would be dealt with. That's not how you negotiate.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Johnson
Stoll
Penner

for

Carter

Would they go for that? What if we re-signed Stoll & Penner to uber cheap, semi-long term deals and then dealt them along with JJ?
Wow that is dreadful. Doubt they'd give up the 1st for that package let alone add Carter.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings would be foolish to trade Jack Johnson now. They have an offensive defenseman paired with a defensive defenseman on every pair and he's improved every season, he's still young, and is signed long term to a great contract. Martinez isn't as good as Johnson. Voynov still has ways to go as well. I highly doubt they move Johnson now.

The reason why Lombardi has compiled so many young defensemen is to eventually move them for what the team needs, and I expect that one of them along with Bernier is what will be dangled as the main assets that will be moved for a goal scorer.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
That's totally douchey on their part to say that about Mason. It's also incredibly stupid in the same way it was stupid of Ed Snider to say the goaltending in Philly would be dealt with. That's not how you negotiate.
I agree, that type of talk should be kept in private. Singling out a player highly devalues that player as an asset and could also have a negative effect on team morale.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Would be nice. I wonder how the players would feel about that after he railroaded Kopi though. Probably no hard feelings.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:

Johnson
Stoll
Penner

for

Carter

that package would get Carter, not the 1st round though. If you want that pick ,you have to look at Doughty/Richards

Or maybe Quick + JJ + 1st gets their 1st rounder but i doubt it

Old
01-27-2012, 01:57 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
I agree, that type of talk should be kept in private. Singling out a player highly devalues that player as an asset and could also have a negative effect on team morale.
I totally agree. How does that make Mason feel? Is he a UFA after this season? I know he's getting WAY overpaid right now, but I thought that deal was longer. Until Mason proves himself, whatever team he lands on will have to see him as a back up. Talk about a career dive. The good thing for him is, he's still VERY young.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:01 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd take Semin if he were very cheap, much cheaper than Penner. I look at him in the same way as I do Hemsky. I'd consider Jack Johnson for Patrick Sharp though.
I'd consider Sharp for Johnson too.

I also would take a risk on Semin. I doubt he'd sign for much less than Penner, but if all he can get is a 1-2 year deal, I'd go as high as 2 years at $4 million per. Hard to say what he'll get on the open market as he's on and off more than a light switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
God damn it seems like Vancouver gets EVERY bottom 6er available come trade deadline/off season....seriously.

Lapierre, Higgins, Malhotra, Torres...
Well let's beat them to Moen then! And Guastad too! (And Stafford and Dubinsky if you call them bottom-sixers too!)

Quote:

If Columbus was smart, they'd take a run at Harding Minnesota first in the off-season. Just as much upside as Bernier but wouldn't cost them a good asset, just some cap space.

Quote:

Johnson
Stoll
Penner

for

Carter

Did you forget the ? Could you imagine if we had traded the 2nd overall pick in 2008 for that package while also adding in Dustin Brown? Because that's what you're doing here, only the Columbus 1st could actually be 1st overall which would make this even worse.

Quote:
Agreed. I'd be pissed if DL came out and said something similar about a guy who had played here for four years, even if his play had tailed off. Maybe if O'Connell hadn't had a hand in building one of the most piss-poor organizations in league history Mason wouldn't have been so bad. Outside of a superstar like Broduer or Roy, most goalies would struggle to look great behind that teams defense, and if it wasn't for Mason's unreal play in 2009, the Jackets still wouldn't have ever reached the playoffs.

At least let the guy play the string out in Columbus without feeling like an outcast in his own organization.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I totally agree. How does that make Mason feel? Is he a UFA after this season? I know he's getting WAY overpaid right now, but I thought that deal was longer. Until Mason proves himself, whatever team he lands on will have to see him as a back up. Talk about a career dive. The good thing for him is, he's still VERY young.
I could see him as the type where a change of scenary and a chance to get away from the pressure could be a big career boost.

So you know he'll sign in Detroit in the off-season

Old
01-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Did you forget the ? Could you imagine if we had traded the 2nd overall pick in 2008 for that package while also adding in Dustin Brown? Because that's what you're doing here, only the Columbus 1st could actually be 1st overall which would make this even worse.

The thing is, Columbus screwed themselves out of Couturier last year by trading away their high 1st rounder when they really didn't need to. It was all a Jedi mind trick! If they're that gullible, I say it's worth at least inquiring.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'd feel kind of bad we we traded Berneir to Columbus, in all honesty. He'd likely end up as nothing more than fresh meat for the grinder.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Eklund seems to think the Kings are talking with the Hawks. In that case, I would be happy with either of the two Patricks.

Closed Thread