Old dog... new position

Old
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I'd love to know what your definition of dangler is? Because if it's the same as mine, Iginla is not one at all.
Someone who can dangle the puck? My definition is someone who harbours excellent skill in puck possession. Iginla, along the boards, is a tactician of puck possession. He does it constantly.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Someone who can dangle the puck? My definition is someone who harbours excellent skill in puck possession. Iginla, along the boards, is a tactician of puck possession. He does it constantly.
fair enough.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Personally, when I hear the word "dangler" I think of a player that has excellent hands and is usually a very good skater North to South and East to West, I don't exactly think of Iginla in that mold. I do agree though that is an excellent puck possesion player and among the best in the league at it.

On another note, I think Jagr is one of the best puck possession players of all time. Watching that guy control and maintain possesion of the puck even today is something special.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Signature
Disreputable User

vCash: 50
Didn't read the first page but saw something about danglers and Iginla.

Iginla's not a dangler. He's a grinder, a former power forward turned sniper with grinding characteristics.

Want a dangler? See Malkin, Huselius, Tanguay, Datsyuk.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
CPRSRPUNKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Didn't read the first page but saw something about danglers and Iginla.

Iginla's not a dangler. He's a grinder, a former power forward turned sniper with grinding characteristics.

Want a dangler? See Malkin, Huselius, Tanguay, Datsyuk.
Definitely agree with you there HC. I laso agree with those that said it may stunt Backlund's growth at C. I also agree that having Iggy at center could be potentially bad for us defensively. I also agree that it'd be weird heving him change positions so late in his career. I also agree that Cammy would likely be the C in the event that management wants to keep Iggy, Tangs and Cammy on one line. I have nothing to add except all the points that I agreed with should be enough to not need to discuss this any further. @omalleycat, I didn't have a problem with your title considering I'm educated enough to recognize that it had to be Iggy and some sort of change. I think it was Gio that pointed out that thread titles are kinda battled on here, so they should be as clear as possible..Happy Chinese New Year all!!

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote