HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 500
Does the phase ii affect me if I'm already in the renovated 300s

Old
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Does the phase ii affect me if I'm already in the renovated 300s
I'm almost positive it affects everyone who doesn't sit in a renovated seat.

01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I know for a Fact that 4 brokers don,t have access to 4000 seats. I have a very close friend who is an executive in the MSG ticket office and he has told me the behind the scenes deal they have worked out with several brokers and it is a very fair system. Without going into details it involves getting first shot at extra tickets for playoffs etc. based upon the volume they buy. The seats they are offered are usually what are considered leftovers and don,t impact the type of fan who typically reads this board.
I said 1000 seats, not 4000. It may be more than 4 brokers but I know 4 major groups are involved at least. Chris, I'm glad you are confirming this secret little deal MSG worked out with these brokers.

They took most of the West Balcony for the season and a whole group of the new 300's (that you're being told are "leftovers"), reg 300's and 100's. They got extra seats for the hottest games of the year and playoff tickets (as you pointed out). So your friend gave you like 75% of the story. Did he also tell you MSG likes this relationship and is looking to expand it? The logic is they fill the float making demand appear stronger than it really is. This will keep their renewal % above 90% which is where it was until Brian Lafamina screwed up the whole organization raising tickets too high in a recession.

At this time, I'm not going to explain how I know but Chris6net already confirmed it for you guys and gave you his source...

MSG is a vile organization on so many fronts...

Old
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
MessierIsGod

I also heard that the west balcony seats were offered in bulk to some brokers in half season plans at about $55 per seat.

I agree with everything you said. Being a full STH since 1993, I can tell you the ticket office has gotten worse and worse. My seats are $165 and I can tell you I lose money on games I can't attend and this is a year where we are in first and interest is high. If they do this to the upper bowl, they will need more brokers.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm almost positive it affects everyone who doesn't sit in a renovated seat.
So if I already have the new black seats,mom no longer affected by the renovation

Old
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Kane One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
So if I already have the new black seats,mom no longer affected by the renovation
Yep but I have no idea what your mom has anything to do with this.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

The bridge thing is kinda simple. Look at the end of the west balcony..on each side each bridge will begin and run straight across connecting to the ends of the new deck being built next year. Next time your in MSG, look up and see where the west balcony ends and you will get an idea of where the bridges will run. Not that helpful but somewhat of an idea. If I get relocated or moved, the first thing I will say is will these seats be blocked next year.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Yep but I have no idea what your mom has anything to do with this.
Ducking auto correct

Old
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
MatthewNYR

So, still no Garden Pub (beer and pretzel)?

Old
01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
The bridge thing is kinda simple. Look at the end of the west balcony..on each side each bridge will begin and run straight across connecting to the ends of the new deck being built next year. Next time your in MSG, look up and see where the west balcony ends and you will get an idea of where the bridges will run. Not that helpful but somewhat of an idea. If I get relocated or moved, the first thing I will say is will these seats be blocked next year.
It's hard to judge where exact rows will be even though we all have an idea where the bridges will run.

01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
beerme1

Anyone have any idea when arena tours will start up again?

Old
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
irishlaxburger2

Looking at this photo and taking into account the information we know, I feel like normal seating for normal fans is going to diminish a good bit after the renovation is complete. They said capacity would remain the same when everything is finished, but that includes new suites and those bridges. Actual normal seating will take a large hit. Looking at the photo, it's a pretty standard 2 bowl setup. Granted, the upper bowl is larger than most upper bowls in 3 bowl configurations, but I still feel like the arena will be much smaller than many in terms of normal seating. Especially when you consider one end of the upper bowl is completely cut out for suites.

I just find it surprising that NYC will still have arena that's much smaller in capacity compared to Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. And it's even worse considering normal seating. I think the place will be immaculate once the renovations are completely done, but as a normal fan that won't be spending much time in suites or on the bridges, I can't help but feel slighted over the cut in normal seating. The new end 300s and balconies are nice, but I feel they still don't make up for what we'll eventually lose. I also can't seem to get over the fact that the interior seems much smaller than other arenas around the league. Reminds me of Winnipeg's junior arena they're currently playing in.

Thoughts?

Old
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Looking at this photo and taking into account the information we know, I feel like normal seating for normal fans is going to diminish a good bit after the renovation is complete. They said capacity would remain the same when everything is finished, but that includes new suites and those bridges. Actual normal seating will take a large hit. Looking at the photo, it's a pretty standard 2 bowl setup. Granted, the upper bowl is larger than most upper bowls in 3 bowl configurations, but I still feel like the arena will be much smaller than many in terms of normal seating. Especially when you consider one end of the upper bowl is completely cut out for suites.

I just find it surprising that NYC will still have arena that's much smaller in capacity compared to Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. And it's even worse considering normal seating. I think the place will be immaculate once the renovations are completely done, but as a normal fan that won't be spending much time in suites or on the bridges, I can't help but feel slighted over the cut in normal seating. The new end 300s and balconies are nice, but I feel they still don't make up for what we'll eventually lose. I also can't seem to get over the fact that the interior seems much smaller than other arenas around the league. Reminds me of Winnipeg's junior arena they're currently playing in.

Thoughts?

Yeah, there will be less seats in the actual bowl. I mentioned it earlier and it should be a 1,000 less with the bridges making up for it. And it sucks for us that there will be less regular seats but to MSG it's simple - Less seats will cause more demand which will result in the ability to charge more per ticket.

Old
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

What should we expect for ticket prices on the bridge..similar to the balcony?

Old
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
What should we expect for ticket prices on the bridge..similar to the balcony?
Read a while back that they wanted to make those seats club seats. Not a hundred percent sure though so if someone could back me up on it, that would be great.

Old
01-29-2012, 01:42 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah, there will be less seats in the actual bowl. I mentioned it earlier and it should be a 1,000 less with the bridges making up for it. And it sucks for us that there will be less regular seats but to MSG it's simple - Less seats will cause more demand which will result in the ability to charge more per ticket.
Yup.

I guess the one positive will be crowd noise. Place *should* be a lot louder given how cozy and upright it's gonna be. I guess we'll see how acoustics work out when it's done. Unfortunately, they'll be pricing out the loudest fans though.

Old
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Read a while back that they wanted to make those seats club seats. Not a hundred percent sure though so if someone could back me up on it, that would be great.
**** Dolan

Old
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Yup.

I guess the one positive will be crowd noise. Place *should* be a lot louder given how cozy and upright it's gonna be. I guess we'll see how acoustics work out when it's done. Unfortunately, they'll be pricing out the loudest fans though.
It should be louder considering everything will be more on top of the action but who knows as I'm sure a lot of people will be priced out this upcoming offseason.

Old
01-29-2012, 02:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
That's what was communicated in one of the local papers...

Old
01-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Kane One

If they said capacity will remain the same, then that does not include suites. Right now, those seats behind the referee booth does not count towards attendance.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewNYR View Post
So, still no Garden Pub (beer and pretzel)?
I sit in 102, have done a full walk around on that concourse and have yet to find the classic beer and pretzel pub. They do have a 12+ draft beer bar by section 120 but no beer and pretzel combo that I can find.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
skroob**

pub was previously on the 7th fl concourse? I guess we will see what happens over the summer.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
The Rangers will always be a hot ticket especially with the team set up to be good for the next 4-7 years and maybe longer. They make a fortune because they own there own TV Network. Ticket prices will go up but compared to other teams they are not outrageous considering this is New York(and I am not comparing them to NJ or NYI). The majority of the profit from the Rangers derived by MSG is not from ticket sales. STH,s always win when there is more demand and the team is good. The person getting screwed is the fan who wants to go to a few games a year and not the STH if the tickets are more in demand but the STH is the one laying out the money ahead of time thus assuming some risk if the demand is low.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Any theories on what the pricing will be for standing room on the bridges?

Old
01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Any theories on what the pricing will be for standing room on the bridges?
I don't think there will be standing room. Its a building code issue. There will be seats/stools up there form what i recall.

Closed Thread