HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
  #751
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,868
vCash: 500
Does the phase ii affect me if I'm already in the renovated 300s

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
  #752
Kane One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Does the phase ii affect me if I'm already in the renovated 300s
I'm almost positive it affects everyone who doesn't sit in a renovated seat.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
  #753
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I know for a Fact that 4 brokers don,t have access to 4000 seats. I have a very close friend who is an executive in the MSG ticket office and he has told me the behind the scenes deal they have worked out with several brokers and it is a very fair system. Without going into details it involves getting first shot at extra tickets for playoffs etc. based upon the volume they buy. The seats they are offered are usually what are considered leftovers and don,t impact the type of fan who typically reads this board.
I said 1000 seats, not 4000. It may be more than 4 brokers but I know 4 major groups are involved at least. Chris, I'm glad you are confirming this secret little deal MSG worked out with these brokers.

They took most of the West Balcony for the season and a whole group of the new 300's (that you're being told are "leftovers"), reg 300's and 100's. They got extra seats for the hottest games of the year and playoff tickets (as you pointed out). So your friend gave you like 75% of the story. Did he also tell you MSG likes this relationship and is looking to expand it? The logic is they fill the float making demand appear stronger than it really is. This will keep their renewal % above 90% which is where it was until Brian Lafamina screwed up the whole organization raising tickets too high in a recession.

At this time, I'm not going to explain how I know but Chris6net already confirmed it for you guys and gave you his source...

MSG is a vile organization on so many fronts...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
  #754
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
I also heard that the west balcony seats were offered in bulk to some brokers in half season plans at about $55 per seat.

I agree with everything you said. Being a full STH since 1993, I can tell you the ticket office has gotten worse and worse. My seats are $165 and I can tell you I lose money on games I can't attend and this is a year where we are in first and interest is high. If they do this to the upper bowl, they will need more brokers.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM
  #755
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm almost positive it affects everyone who doesn't sit in a renovated seat.
So if I already have the new black seats,mom no longer affected by the renovation

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
  #756
Kane One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
So if I already have the new black seats,mom no longer affected by the renovation
Yep but I have no idea what your mom has anything to do with this.

Kane One is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
  #757
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
The bridge thing is kinda simple. Look at the end of the west balcony..on each side each bridge will begin and run straight across connecting to the ends of the new deck being built next year. Next time your in MSG, look up and see where the west balcony ends and you will get an idea of where the bridges will run. Not that helpful but somewhat of an idea. If I get relocated or moved, the first thing I will say is will these seats be blocked next year.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
  #758
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Yep but I have no idea what your mom has anything to do with this.
Ducking auto correct

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
  #759
MatthewNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
So, still no Garden Pub (beer and pretzel)?

MatthewNYR is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
  #760
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
The bridge thing is kinda simple. Look at the end of the west balcony..on each side each bridge will begin and run straight across connecting to the ends of the new deck being built next year. Next time your in MSG, look up and see where the west balcony ends and you will get an idea of where the bridges will run. Not that helpful but somewhat of an idea. If I get relocated or moved, the first thing I will say is will these seats be blocked next year.
It's hard to judge where exact rows will be even though we all have an idea where the bridges will run.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
  #761
beerme1
Registered User
 
beerme1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Anyone have any idea when arena tours will start up again?

beerme1 is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
  #762
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Looking at this photo and taking into account the information we know, I feel like normal seating for normal fans is going to diminish a good bit after the renovation is complete. They said capacity would remain the same when everything is finished, but that includes new suites and those bridges. Actual normal seating will take a large hit. Looking at the photo, it's a pretty standard 2 bowl setup. Granted, the upper bowl is larger than most upper bowls in 3 bowl configurations, but I still feel like the arena will be much smaller than many in terms of normal seating. Especially when you consider one end of the upper bowl is completely cut out for suites.

I just find it surprising that NYC will still have arena that's much smaller in capacity compared to Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. And it's even worse considering normal seating. I think the place will be immaculate once the renovations are completely done, but as a normal fan that won't be spending much time in suites or on the bridges, I can't help but feel slighted over the cut in normal seating. The new end 300s and balconies are nice, but I feel they still don't make up for what we'll eventually lose. I also can't seem to get over the fact that the interior seems much smaller than other arenas around the league. Reminds me of Winnipeg's junior arena they're currently playing in.

Thoughts?


irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
  #763
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Looking at this photo and taking into account the information we know, I feel like normal seating for normal fans is going to diminish a good bit after the renovation is complete. They said capacity would remain the same when everything is finished, but that includes new suites and those bridges. Actual normal seating will take a large hit. Looking at the photo, it's a pretty standard 2 bowl setup. Granted, the upper bowl is larger than most upper bowls in 3 bowl configurations, but I still feel like the arena will be much smaller than many in terms of normal seating. Especially when you consider one end of the upper bowl is completely cut out for suites.

I just find it surprising that NYC will still have arena that's much smaller in capacity compared to Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. And it's even worse considering normal seating. I think the place will be immaculate once the renovations are completely done, but as a normal fan that won't be spending much time in suites or on the bridges, I can't help but feel slighted over the cut in normal seating. The new end 300s and balconies are nice, but I feel they still don't make up for what we'll eventually lose. I also can't seem to get over the fact that the interior seems much smaller than other arenas around the league. Reminds me of Winnipeg's junior arena they're currently playing in.

Thoughts?

Yeah, there will be less seats in the actual bowl. I mentioned it earlier and it should be a 1,000 less with the bridges making up for it. And it sucks for us that there will be less regular seats but to MSG it's simple - Less seats will cause more demand which will result in the ability to charge more per ticket.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
  #764
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,568
vCash: 500
What should we expect for ticket prices on the bridge..similar to the balcony?

Ih8theislanders is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
  #765
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
What should we expect for ticket prices on the bridge..similar to the balcony?
Read a while back that they wanted to make those seats club seats. Not a hundred percent sure though so if someone could back me up on it, that would be great.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:42 PM
  #766
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah, there will be less seats in the actual bowl. I mentioned it earlier and it should be a 1,000 less with the bridges making up for it. And it sucks for us that there will be less regular seats but to MSG it's simple - Less seats will cause more demand which will result in the ability to charge more per ticket.
Yup.

I guess the one positive will be crowd noise. Place *should* be a lot louder given how cozy and upright it's gonna be. I guess we'll see how acoustics work out when it's done. Unfortunately, they'll be pricing out the loudest fans though.

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
  #767
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Read a while back that they wanted to make those seats club seats. Not a hundred percent sure though so if someone could back me up on it, that would be great.
**** Dolan

Ih8theislanders is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
  #768
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Yup.

I guess the one positive will be crowd noise. Place *should* be a lot louder given how cozy and upright it's gonna be. I guess we'll see how acoustics work out when it's done. Unfortunately, they'll be pricing out the loudest fans though.
It should be louder considering everything will be more on top of the action but who knows as I'm sure a lot of people will be priced out this upcoming offseason.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 02:10 PM
  #769
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Read a while back that they wanted to make those seats club seats. Not a hundred percent sure though so if someone could back me up on it, that would be great.
That's what was communicated in one of the local papers...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 04:48 PM
  #770
Kane One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 1500
If they said capacity will remain the same, then that does not include suites. Right now, those seats behind the referee booth does not count towards attendance.

Kane One is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
  #771
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewNYR View Post
So, still no Garden Pub (beer and pretzel)?
I sit in 102, have done a full walk around on that concourse and have yet to find the classic beer and pretzel pub. They do have a 12+ draft beer bar by section 120 but no beer and pretzel combo that I can find.

Blueshirt13 is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
  #772
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
pub was previously on the 7th fl concourse? I guess we will see what happens over the summer.

skroob** is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
  #773
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah, there will be less seats in the actual bowl. I mentioned it earlier and it should be a 1,000 less with the bridges making up for it. And it sucks for us that there will be less regular seats but to MSG it's simple - Less seats will cause more demand which will result in the ability to charge more per ticket.
The Rangers will always be a hot ticket especially with the team set up to be good for the next 4-7 years and maybe longer. They make a fortune because they own there own TV Network. Ticket prices will go up but compared to other teams they are not outrageous considering this is New York(and I am not comparing them to NJ or NYI). The majority of the profit from the Rangers derived by MSG is not from ticket sales. STH,s always win when there is more demand and the team is good. The person getting screwed is the fan who wants to go to a few games a year and not the STH if the tickets are more in demand but the STH is the one laying out the money ahead of time thus assuming some risk if the demand is low.

Giacomin is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
  #774
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Any theories on what the pricing will be for standing room on the bridges?

ChipAyten is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
  #775
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Any theories on what the pricing will be for standing room on the bridges?
I don't think there will be standing room. Its a building code issue. There will be seats/stools up there form what i recall.

skroob** is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.