HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lebrun: Canuck and others looking at Moen

Old
01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Contrary to what some people say, a guy like Moen is NOT easy to replace. How many guys in the can fight middle-to-heavyweights, kill penalties on the first unit, and put up 25 pts per year?

If someone gives a high 2nd rounder, trade him, if not, he's only 30, sign him for another 4-5 years.
I like this idea. He's not on the verge of retirement, in fact this year was better than last year for him

If we think contenders need a guy like him, don't WE eventually need a guy like him? I don't think we are that far away and when that time comes, we're going to say "All we need to do is get a guy like Travis Moen". He helped a lot with that ECF run. He's been a very good player here. Flies under the radar, but hard to replace. He's a proven player. A draft pick is not.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
EXPOS123

Guys, as much as Moen is having a good year, let's not forget that he was garbage his first two years with us. It's not a coincidence that he seems to have suddenly turned it up a a notch in his contract year. Sorry, but if you can get a decent draft pick for him, you gotta move him cuz his value will never be higher.I say package him with the second rounder we got in the Cammallari trade and get a good prospect with size.

EXPOS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The thing is I wouldn't put Moen in the same category as those guys. Moen for me is a straight up third line player. Those other guys are more like "tweeners" not good enough to be 2nd line players but better than just pure 3rd liners with very limited ability.
Moen brings grit, a stanley cup ring, and is part of the first unit on the best PK in the league. That has value.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPOS123 View Post
Guys, as much as Moen is having a good year, let's not forget that he was garbage his first two years with us.
No he wasn't. Not at all.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Guys, as much as Moen is having a good year, let's not forget that he was garbage his first two years with us. It's not a coincidence that he seems to have suddenly turned it up a a notch in his contract year. Sorry, but if you can get a decent draft pick for him, you gotta move him cuz his value will never be higher.I say package him with the second rounder we got in the Cammallari trade and get a good prospect with size.
he was garbage his first two years? Thats not what I saw.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Gotta love posters who think points tell the entire story for a role player. Moen must have been garbage because he didn't do anything in hockey pools.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Gotta love posters who think points tell the entire story for a role player. Moen must have been garbage because he didn't do anything in hockey pools.
wMoen was an invisible man those seasons- if it wasnt for the surprising amount of goals he has scored earlier in the season- you woudnt have much talk about him

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:39 PM
NHLNUT04
HFBoards Sponsor

He's of very little use to Montreal unless they make the playoffs. Right now, that seems fairly far-fetched, so dealing Moen makes sense.

01-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
wMoen was an invisible man those seasons- if it wasnt for the surprising amount of goals he has scored earlier in the season- you woudnt have much talk about him
He's invisible if you only care about points. Moen has been playing a great shutdown role since he's been here. He's been an excellent PKer and role player. His game this year hasn't changed at all from his previous two seasons here.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:55 PM
yianik

Quote:
He's invisible if you only care about points. Moen has been playing a great shutdown role since he's been here. He's been an excellent PKer and role player. His game this year hasn't changed at all from his previous two seasons here.
Agreed. Completely fuss free as well, never an issue with this guy. Goes out and does his job, everybody is happy.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:04 PM
EXPOS123

Quote:
No he wasn't. Not at all.
Maybe garbage was too harsh a word, but he didn't have the same drive as this year. I'm not talking about points, i'm talking about grit and standing up for teamates. Sorry, but his first two years here were not very good for a supposed grinder.

EXPOS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:22 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

How does a thread about Moen become an avenue for delusional "fans" to talk about how Price could be moved for the right price?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:25 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
How does a thread about Moen become an avenue for delusional "fans" to talk about how Price could be moved for the right price?
So what could we get for a package of Moen and ...Price ?

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
I'd beg to differ on the garbage part on the 1st 2 years.

But I like the idea of Moen + 2nd for a top end prospect

( ex: Nicklas Jensen)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd beg to differ on the garbage part on the 1st 2 years.

But I like the idea of Moen + 2nd for a top end prospect

( ex: Nicklas Jensen)
highly doubt nucks will trade arguably there NO 1 prospect for that- i know fans like to win deals but that deosnt mean other teams will co-operate

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:53 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I wanna trade Price,that's how you rebuild in one year.

None of this tank for 3 years stuff..

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not sure where you get him being garbage his 1st 2 years?

He isn't a top 6 guy, but a damn good 3rd or 4th liner. Plays physical, kills penalities, will drop the gloves and quality guy in the room. I'd keep him without a doubt if the price(1.25-1.5/year cap hit) was good.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
highly doubt nucks will trade arguably there NO 1 prospect for that- i know fans like to win deals but that deosnt mean other teams will co-operate
depends if they think Moen is that one piece to win. and they still end up with a decent pick in a deep draft (2013 Cal 2nd)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Why he should be dealt:

1. you can get a guy similar via free agency
2. Louis Leblanc, Andreas Engqvist, Gabriel Dumont
3. Rise of Michael Blunden
4. Imminent return of Ryan White

Why he should not be dealt:

1. Physical
2. Veteran
3. Great PKer
4. Stanley Cup ring
5. Great in playoffs

I think that we can let him go and be fine.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:46 PM
groovejuice

I love Moen's compete level and he leads by example on this team.

Can you replace him with similar points or grit? Sure. Can you replace his leadership? Not so easy.

A deal would have to be gold for me to let him go.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:54 PM
EmelinHipCheck

Why do people assume that Moen is a leader ? Since when does being a vet automatically make you a leader in the room ? Wiz was Moen's roomie last year and he said that Moen was the quiet type, he never really talks.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:59 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehalgill View Post
Why do people assume that Moen is a leader ? Since when does being a vet automatically make you a leader in the room ? Wiz was Moen's roomie last year and he said that Moen was the quiet type, he never really talks.
Hehe I only wrote 50 words and clearly said 'lead by example'.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Habs

Quote:
Guys, as much as Moen is having a good year, let's not forget that he was garbage his first two years with us.
It really ticks me off when people say things like this, it leads me to believe you really don't watch the games, but just look at the box score.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:10 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
It really ticks me off when people say things like this, it leads me to believe you really don't watch the games, but just look at the box score.
Absolutely. Moen is a hard worker, a tough guy, can put the puck in the net, and is relatively inexpensive to sign.

Like I said, an offer must be compelling to let him go.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:20 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Absolutely. Moen is a hard worker, a tough guy, can put the puck in the net, and is relatively inexpensive to sign.

Like I said, an offer must be compelling to let him go.
Agreed!

Offer Moen 2-3 years deal at 1.5-2M......ppl on hf are
They only fighter and the only one who stand up for teammates is garbage?????

Whatever........

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote