HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Mtl

Old
01-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Dharvey33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Unless Edmonton plans on finishing last or second last, they'd be crazy not to take Subban for their #1 pick. Subban has more upside, and is well on his way to achieving it, than anybody other than Yakupov, maybe Grigorenko.

I'm an Oiler fan and I would do it in a heart beat. Say they draft Murray, he's not going to be an impact NHL d-man until his 4th or 5th season if he follows the regular trajectory of a blue chip defensive prospect. Subban reaches his potential in the next two years, right in time with the kids at forward.

Where do I sign?
What's your problem man why are you so knowledgable you must be the first oiler fans to state that a Subban is worth at least Murray or Dumba minus the time they have to reach it to the nhl or play at a high level.

That would be a good offer but i don't see why the habs would do this since Subban is the same age has the young core of players we have in Paciorretty Tinordi Leblanc Eller Beaulieu. Unles it is a top 3 i wouldn't even think about it since we need a Yakupov Forsberg or Grigorenko.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Think both teams would say no to this!

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Ubercron9000

The oils have no defense right now. Why take a chance in the draft when you have a defenseman that can play now and put up points and is a great player. You already have 3 great young forwards. You guys have no defense. Without trading those 3 young players you get a potential all star player in subban which you guys severely lack.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:27 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
What's your problem man why are you so knowledgable you must be the first oiler fans to state that a Subban is worth at least Murray or Dumba minus the time they have to reach it to the nhl or play at a high level.

That would be a good offer but i don't see why the habs would do this since Subban is the same age has the young core of players we have in Paciorretty Tinordi Leblanc Eller Beaulieu. Unles it is a top 3 i wouldn't even think about it since we need a Yakupov Forsberg or Grigorenko.
It would only go down if Subban really wore out his welcome. Montreal is on the cusp of bottoming out the way the Oilers did they just need a couple injuries. What a way to kick off a re build with two guaranteed top 10 or higher picks in a deep draft. Double lottery odds. Could work out great for both teams.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote