HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The official RIP 2013 All-Star Game Thread

Old
01-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

vCash: 500
From the CBJ press release on their website:

"The 2013 NHL All-Star Celebration will feature various hockey-themed events, entertainment and activities. Details about all of the All Star events and television broadcasting will be released at a later date. Blue Jackets full, half and quarter season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase All-Star Game and/or Skills Competition tickets. For more ticket information, click here or call 1-800-NHL-COLS."

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:51 AM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

FAQ for ASG tickets:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page...et_rid=1406386

DaveCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Letter to 20-2-1 holders, very happy to know I will be able to get tickets to all events.

"I am excited to inform you that National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman announced today that the Columbus Blue Jackets and the City of Columbus will host the 2013 NHL All-Star Celebration. The 60th NHL All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, January 27, 2013, at Nationwide Arena and the NHL Skills Competition will take place on Saturday, January 26th.

The process of securing the NHL All-Star Game was yet another example of our community leaders working together to move our City forward. We are grateful to everyone who played a role in this process. The bid for the game was jointly submitted by the Blue Jackets and the Columbus Sports Commission. We also received planning and preparation support from the City of Columbus, Experience Columbus and Nationwide Realty Investments. The Columbus Sports Commission estimates that the economic impact of this event could exceed $12 million in direct visitor spending throughout the region, with increased tourism, more than 10,000 hotel rooms used, and activity from all the events and visitors. The television broadcast will be seen by millions of North American viewers and the game will be broadcast live in over 150 countries.

Rest assured that all 2012-13 Blue Jackets Half Season Plan holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the same number of seats on their account for both the NHL All-Star Game and the NHL All-Star Skills Competition.

If you have any questions regarding the NHL All-Star Celebration, you are welcome to contact your Blue Jackets representative Corey Poches at 614-246-4150 or via email at cpoches@bluejackets.com. In addition we have posted some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on our website. Click here to see the FAQ as well as complete coverage of today's announcement.

On behalf of our ownership group, players and staff, I would like to thank you for your continued support. We are excited about bringing one of the NHL's premier events to Columbus next year and enjoying this world class event with everyone here in Central Ohio.

Sincerely,

Mike Priest
President "

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
FreeBoomer61

just made my day. finally some great news in this horrid season! im really looking forward to this now!

FreeBoomer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:04 AM
traunt5

I'm pretty sure they gave us the all-star game so we might change our minds about the protest today...

traunt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Bobcat110

Wow...hockey tickets that have resale value...looks like secondary market for Ottawa has upper bowl seats in $250-$300/each for both events and $500-$700/each for lower bowl.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

What great news! Columbus, Ohio to be the center of the hockey universe next January.

Hot-Damn!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Wow...hockey tickets that have resale value...looks like secondary market for Ottawa has upper bowl seats in $250-$300/each for both events and $500-$700/each for lower bowl.
Canada, and hockey, are a whole different animal. For example, if I wanted to make the trek up to catch a Canucks game - say, against the Blue Jackets, I would have to expect to fork over, at minimum, $150 bucks for a pair of seats. And in all likelihood, those seats are going to require tissues for any possible nose bleeds. That's for a generally meaningless, likely mid-week game. Imagine what a game vs. Chicago or Detroit can fetch up there.

I'd expect the ASG tickets to come in at about half the price in Columbus, as they would in Ottawa.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Canada, and hockey, are a whole different animal. For example, if I wanted to make the trek up to catch a Canucks game - say, against the Blue Jackets, I would have to expect to fork over, at minimum, $150 bucks for a pair of seats. And in all likelihood, those seats are going to require tissues for any possible nose bleeds. That's for a generally meaningless, likely mid-week game. Imagine what a game vs. Chicago or Detroit can fetch up there.

I'd expect the ASG tickets to come in at about half the price in Columbus, as they would in Ottawa.
I don't, do you remember the price playoff tickets were getting? Close to double face.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post

I don't see them being that far off. First, the face value to buy upper bowl seats for both events to this year's AS weekend are $200/each. Based on your estimate, then the resale value would be only $125-$150/each, or 25-35% below Face. Not sure I agree with you there. I think the CBJ Season ticketholders will buy and use their allotment versus selling at a loss. Buyers will need to entice the PSL holders if they want to attend.

The lower bowl's are $260/each for the weekend this year. Due to less supply as the NHL takes premium seats, the others will sell at a reasonable mark up. I don't think unreasonable they get about 75-100% + over face.

It's not like Columbus is isolated either. It's a pretty easy drive from Pittsburgh, Detroit and even some areas of Ontario Canada.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:19 PM
FreeBoomer61

i dont want to seem like a downer, but what exactly happens if there is a work stoppage next year (god forbid)

FreeBoomer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
i dont want to seem like a downer, but what exactly happens if there is a work stoppage next year (god forbid)
Well last time the city was skipped over. Phoenix was going to have the game in 2005 but that did Not happen because of the lock out and could not have it in 2006 because of the Winter Games and by the time 2007 come around their financial situation was getting bad and never got another shot.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 01-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old
01-28-2012, 12:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Congrats. The fans and the city are more than deserving.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:54 PM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
I'm very afraid of how hard it will be to get tickets to this. STH should definitely get first dibs, but I doubt the rest of us will have much luck.

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
IndyDave

Hotels

Arena District hotels are "not available" except for Drury which has a handful of rooms (mostly smoking - didn't know smoking rooms still available) at normal prices. I reserved a room at the Hyatt Place over by 315 for now. Crowne Plaza hasn't reached the date it takes reservations for so will try back then.

Hopefully tickets won't be that crazy. Living three hours away even a partial season ticket plan doesn't make sense for me. Loss on resale of games I can't go to would be more than what the secondary market will likely charge me.

IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
Assuming the financial situation doesn't go to hell, it'll likely be rescheduled.

Ottawa was supposed to host the 2005 draft, which was scaled back because of the lockout. They ended up hosting it in 2008.

01-28-2012, 02:46 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Now if we can just have a player from Columbus make the all-star team.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:03 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
You're just going to have to vote in Rick Nash.

Congratulations, Columbus.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Hopefully tickets won't be that crazy. Living three hours away even a partial season ticket plan doesn't make sense for me. Loss on resale of games I can't go to would be more than what the secondary market will likely charge me.
If you are looking at packages for upper bowl you might be surprised. I have sold all of my unused tickets at over the price I paid all this year. After stub hub fees, I walk away will a whole $1.00 profit on the pair of tickets. Not making loads of money on them but I can take the kid out to get something off the $1 menu for each game sold.

I would bet that getting tickets outside of being a STH will be pretty tough. The NHL will give most of the tickets to their corporate sponsors.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:55 PM
blahblah

Exciting news.. Hopefully no work stoppage.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
You're just going to have to vote in Rick Nash.

Congratulations, Columbus.
We will pine Toronto...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 07:20 AM
EspenK

Quote:
This from a post of NBCsports.com

"After seeing fans in Ottawa stuff the ballot box for the Senators this year, the possibility of seeing guys like Rick Nash, Ryan Johansen and others winding up playing in front of the home fans in Columbus will be curious to see. This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all."

Ouch! But not far from the truth.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:19 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all."

Ouch! But not far from the truth.
Kind of a dumb statement since we've seen every team in the NHL on home ice, meaning we have seen plenty of stars (pretty much all of them) at one time or another. I get the attempt at humor and the insult, but I'm not sure if I'd be laughing at the comment (if directed at another team, for example) or the person making the comment honestly. Actually I do know.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:14 AM
stevo61

So is all this going to be another excuse for Nash to not put in 100% for another season since he'll pretty much have a spot waiting for him? If he earns a spot good for him, if not i hope he doesn't make it

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
It will be either Nash or Carter for the Jackets. Whichever one isn't traded....

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote