HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cole on Subban: Selfishness

Old
01-28-2012, 09:42 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
come on now guys...

obviously Subban is far from perfect...

obviously he isn't the first, or last, player to take a "selfish" penalty...

arguing that he's somehow "not so good" b/c he takes bad penalties is just as dumb as arguing that he is beyond reproach and that all his actions are justifiable.

bottom line remains that he is the most talented dman we've had since "healthy" Markov, and has the potential to be the best dman we've had since Larry freaking Robinson (or Chris Chelios, ableit the latter's full excellence was cemented after leaving town).

he certainly isn't beyond reproach, but what future star player is?
Well said, and glad we have a guy like Cole as a leader to help contain some of PK's brashness. But make no mistake, PK is an awesome talent, and needs some guidance along the way...remember last year, he went on a tear after the all star break, let's hope for another this year...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:04 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I find he is the king of one liners. I've given him the benefit of the doubt in the past that it might just be an English is his second language thing. Maybe he doesn't actually get what you're saying, in which case, it would be nice if he just shut up. If he does understand, but disagrees, it be nice for him to support his opinion with ideas/substance once in awhile, but it rarely ever happens. I've mentioned the one liner thing to him in the past more than once, don't expect it to change.

(3rd actually, how about you ?)

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:27 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Growing pains.

He'll be a top D-man in this league, I'm not even worried about it.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Cole should be wearing the "C" until Gionta gets back.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

Let's get one thing straight. Subban has been undisciplined and even selfish. However, these faults can be corrected in time. He has far greater market value than SKost, Latendresse, d'Agostini, and those other young players had at the time they were traded, Trading him would be premature unless the return was pure gold, such as an under-25 first line center.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I hope Gionta gonna be traded away la Cammy. One less too expensive shortie on the team would not hurt.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Let's get one thing straight. Subban has been undisciplined and even selfish. However, these faults can be corrected in time. He has far greater market value than SKost, Latendresse, d'Agostini, and those other young players had at the time they were traded, Trading him would be premature unless the return was pure gold, such as an under-25 first line center.
You don't trade a very talented D-Man for a very talented Center.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:13 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
That would never happen, nor should it. I don't even want to think of what that would do to Montreal's reputation in this league, not to mention the criticism we would face from every hockey fan and sports journalist in the sport. If Gionta is traded, Gorges will be the one to replace him anyways.

Anyways, I'm sure most of you read some stuff on the Pleks/Subban fight thread but it was updated a few days ago with an interview between Pleks and a Czech newspaper, and the stuff he said was much more serious than what Cole did....

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
InTheWrist

Its a case of living on a farm and going out to buy a yellow Ferrari and then wanting your yellow Ferrari to do the work a tractor...If you wanted a tractor you should have just drafted a tractor..

InTheWrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
That would never happen, nor should it. I don't even want to think of what that would do to Montreal's reputation in this league, not to mention the criticism we would face from every hockey fan and sports journalist in the sport. If Gionta is traded, Gorges will be the one to replace him anyways.

Anyways, I'm sure most of you read some stuff on the Pleks/Subban fight thread but it was updated a few days ago with an interview between Pleks and a Czech newspaper, and the stuff he said was much more serious than what Cole did....
I'm not sure you quoted the right post (if you are replying to a ''trade Gionta LOL'' type of post then I agree with you) but on the topic of Cole being a temporary captain I don't see what would be so awful with that idea? Kovalev served as captain when Koivu was injured.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You don't trade a very talented D-Man for a very talented Center.
That's only a general principle. Factors other that talent can complicate the equation. Malakhov, an even more talented Dman than Subban, would be a prime example.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That's only a general principle. Factors other that talent can complicate the equation. Malakhov, an even more talented Dman than Subban, would be a prime example.
I hate the idea of giving away our best prospects.

You're right though, there are exceptions like Malakhov. Al Iafrate is another prime example. He could've been a Norris trophy winner with his skill set.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote