HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
When Markov is done collecting his $5.75mil/year to do rehab and finally retires (can't wait for this day so we can move on)...people will remember him like they remember Vladimir Malakhov.

The entire season has been about...

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
Isn't he supposed to be back yet?
This is becoming ridiculous!
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Get rid of this PLAYOFFS ZERO this summer.
Good riddance.
Whether he is healthy or not...he has never made a difference in playoffs for our Habs. Never. Can't even help our PP in playoffs. Useless.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-28-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old
01-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
When Markov is done collecting his $5.75mil/year to do rehab and finally retires (can't wait for this day so we can move on)...people will remember him like they remember Vladimir Malakhov.

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Good riddance.
Whether he is healthy or not...he has never made a difference in playoffs for our Habs. Never. Can't even help our PP in playoffs. Useless.
The only people who would remember Markov as being equal to Malakhov are those who know very little about hockey

Old
01-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Good riddance.
you've never seen Markov play don't you?

Old
01-28-2012, 08:13 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Good riddance.
You sound like a wife who just learned her husband cheated on her.

Go ahead tell us that Markov was your favotire hab, that you had posters of him all over your bedroom, that you thought he would bring the Cup here the playoffs he got injured... and now you hate him for that !

Get over it, the mere fact that you bring Malakhov in the conversation tells a lot about what you think of Russians, because apart form their nationality, they're nothing alike... the guy became a Canadian citizen for **** sake !

Old
01-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
My girlfriend is a nurse and they are held to the same standards as doctors when it comes to non-disclosure. So you are probably lying.
As a medical professional I can assure you that confidentiality is breached all the time. People come into emerg with things stuck in their butts and it just isn't human nature to keep these things secret. Celebrities and improvised butt plugs/genital afflictions become common knowledge very quickly.

I am not saying that I agree with this but don't kid yourselves about the patient confidentiality policies.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
As a medical professional I can assure you that confidentiality is breached all the time. People come into emerg with things stuck in their butts and it just isn't human nature to keep these things secret. Celebrities and improvised butt plugs/genital afflictions become common knowledge very quickly.

I am not saying that I agree with this but don't kid yourselves about the patient confidentiality policies.
Well, its not a weird thing, its an injury

Old
01-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Well, its not a weird thing, its an injury
An injury to a celebrity.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
An injury to a celebrity.
We don't hear too many leaks of those except by official releases

Old
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Good riddance.
wow, this again...I still say he kicked your dog, or slept with your girlfriend, or something like that...

Malakhov, seriously...

I am over the top frustrated with Markov's situation, but man you need therapy.

Old
01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
My girlfriend is a nurse and they are held to the same standards as doctors when it comes to non-disclosure. So you are probably lying.
I'm 100 percent not lying. Gionta has a bicept tear and is out the season.

Old
01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Danadiens

The funny thing is that he is frustrated DIRECTLY at Markov. I understand being frustrated at the SITUATION, honestly we all are, but the hate goes directly at Markov, which makes absolutely NO SENSE. The guy is injured really severely, is working his ass off to come back, but somehow... it should be his fault because he is really happy and is collecting his money and bla bla. I seriously try, but I can't find anything rational behind this, sorry.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
habscup

Quote:

Where's Markov?
Where is he?
What the ****.

Where's Markov?

Good riddance.
Markov's struggles in the playoffs were never defensively, he's always been steady back there. I think you're only looking at statistics which is definately wrong thing to do for a defenseman.

Also, don't you have better things to do then moan and whine every day? Geez you're going on my ignore list and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadiens View Post
The funny thing is that he is frustrated DIRECTLY at Markov. I understand being frustrated at the SITUATION, honestly we all are, but the hate goes directly at Markov, which makes absolutely NO SENSE. The guy is injured really severely, is working his ass off to come back, but somehow... it should be his fault because he is really happy and is collecting his money and bla bla. I seriously try, but I can't find anything rational behind this, sorry.
Gauthier would had avoided lots of problems and headaches in the last 6-8 months by:

Not re-signing Markov (and Gill) and offer the cash to WIZ and Hamrlik;

Not firing Martin when he did it and replacing him by a ROOKIE coach that happened to be unilingual English.

Old
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Gauthier would had avoided lots of problems and headaches in the last 6-8 months by:

Not firing Martin when he did it and replacing him by a ROOKIE coach that happened to be unilingual English.
I hope you realize that what you just wrote is 100% hindsight right?

Old
01-28-2012, 03:53 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Really ? Wiz... are you serious, you realize the guy has been injured a lot this season and that he totaly sucks ?

It was a great decision from PG to let him go. Hammer also... what PG should have done, though, is replace him. Hannan was available at a very gentile price...

Old
01-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

...and if Markov had no setbacks and Wiz had a similar ridiculous contract with us(5.25-5.5/year over 5-6 years) you'd be one of the first calling for Gauthier to be fired.

I blame the medical staff, seems like every injury we have either leads to complications or the player comes back and is clearoly not ready to play. Maybe we need younger doctors and therapists not 70 year olds.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
The only people who would remember Markov as being equal to Malakhov are those who know very little about hockey
Malakhov was good thought

Effortless skating and a good one timer (half slap shot)

Old
01-28-2012, 04:11 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Malakhov was good thought

Effortless skating and a good one timer (half slap shot)
He was great actually, absolute complete package... but his work ethic was awfull and he had absolutely no passion for the game.

Anyone who saw Markov in his career can say he's the absolute opposite of him.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Evil Ted

When talking about Markov I find its pretty disgusting and sad that people get pretty personal with the comments directed at him in particular, its this guys health and well being were talking about I'm sure he does everything he can to get better and is even more frustrating for him then us.

If you want to be mad at management for the contract then that's more of a prerogative I suppose but he was there most important D and the alternatives for UFAs or trades would have cost a lot and been a much greater risk. I am a bit upset because the lack of updates from the management, If it were not for the teams struggles and other "stories" surrounding the habs it would be the front burner of peoples *****ing.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Markov's absence has been ridiculously long.. Hope the guy will have the humility to retire if his knee doesnt fully recover.. there is no mercy under a cap era, we saw what happened this year.. we could use that money to sign a guy like Ryan Suter..

Old
01-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Markov's absence has been ridiculously long.. Hope the guy will have the humility to retire if his knee doesnt fully recover.. there is no mercy under a cap era, we saw what happened this year.. we could use that money to sign a guy like Ryan Suter..
LTIR? You think the Bruins will 'guilt' Savard into retiring for their cap? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Gauthier did it but it's as 'classless' as an organization can be to an employee.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
LTIR? You think the Bruins will 'guilt' Savard into retiring for their cap? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Gauthier did it but it's as 'classless' as an organization can be to an employee.
Well unlike Savard, he was already injured when we re-signed him.. those guys are already multi millionaire anyway, I wont cry for them thats for sure.. If you take a look at the NFL, Its much worst regarding guarenteed contracts, you can be sent down at any time and get a major pay drop If Im not wrong..

Old
01-29-2012, 02:59 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Great post.

This is the reality and many are having a hard time with it.

I don't want any of us Hab fans to go through this next season and then the next one and the next one, etc...

Enough is enough.

This summer...Markov has to retire.

Or somehow let us use that $5.75mil for another dman (solid top 3-4 dman, not injury prone).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-29-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old
01-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadiens View Post
What?

you don't think these guys want to come back when they're getting paid millions and millions to stay home? Look at Crosby, the guys plays a few games, complains about a headache and sits out 2 months...the most hated player on Pittsburgh roster for being a freeloader...

Old
01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Really ? Wiz... are you serious, you realize the guy has been injured a lot this season and that he totaly sucks ?

It was a great decision from PG to let him go. Hammer also... what PG should have done, though, is replace him. Hannan was available at a very gentile price...
The guy was suspended the first 8 games of the season, is playing on the very WORST team of the NHL with the worst goalie, , was playing like 26 minutes a game, and it happened that he was injured....

What's telling you that would had happen in Montreal ?

Hamrlik is still a horse at 38-39. He is in top physical shape and was great in the last two years holding the fort while Mr.Markov is nursing his injuries.

At worst, Gauthier should had offer a ONE YEAR contract to markov, take it or leave it.

Closed Thread