HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Down On The Farm With LA Kings Blue Line Prospects Deslauriers, Hickey, Muzzin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2012, 08:06 AM
  #1
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,251
vCash: 500
Down On The Farm With LA Kings Blue Line Prospects Deslauriers, Hickey, Muzzin

Down On The Farm With LA Kings Blue Line Prospects Deslauriers, Hickey, Muzzin

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
  #2
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Good article Frozen. Well done.

Be nice to see Hickey get a look somehow this season, but I doubt it. I expect a D-man to be gone between now and the deadline, at least one of Hickey, Muzzin, Drewiske and A-Mart (maybe Voynov if we go out and make a huge trade). If he's not the one dealt, it might open up some playing time for Hickey this year in the event of an injury.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
  #3
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer
 
BallPointHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Kings should hang on to Hickey, he could replace Scuderi down the road.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
  #4
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
Great article.


Anyone else think that Deslauriers sounds almost exactly like Jack Johnson?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:33 PM
  #5
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,200
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Good article Frozen. Well done.

Be nice to see Hickey get a look somehow this season, but I doubt it. I expect a D-man to be gone between now and the deadline, at least one of Hickey, Muzzin, Drewiske and A-Mart (maybe Voynov if we go out and make a huge trade). If he's not the one dealt, it might open up some playing time for Hickey this year in the event of an injury.
His name is Gann. Gann the Mann.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:55 PM
  #6
Dave33
Still smiling
 
Dave33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Great article.


Anyone else think that Deslauriers sounds almost exactly like Jack Johnson?
I was thinking Voynov replacement when VV gets dealt for some scoring help

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
  #7
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Good to see that Hickey is coming around, always felt he would be a slow cooker getting to the NHL.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
  #8
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
But, but Hickey is a bust

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:11 PM
  #9
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
Hickey gets a lot of heat but in the past 2 pre-seasons he has looked the most NHL poised of any of these guys mentioned.

He skates like an NHL'er, that is his main attribute.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:07 AM
  #10
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
But, but Hickey is a bust
Yeah no doubt. Not sure why anyone wasted their time writing about that bum

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
  #11
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
But, but Hickey is a bust


Gagne, voracec, couture

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
  #12
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
I still don't see Hickey making the team at this point. Say we lose one defenseman VV for arguments sake. Martinez is still higher than Hickey on the Depth chart. Muzzin has a nice skill set and can play more physical. Deslauriers has looked better than HIckey to me in the few camps as well.

Unless Hickey has the camp of his life, he still not that far off from being a bust. Kid has paid his dues tho and I hope I'm wrong about him.

IF Mitchell walks and VV stays:
DD JJ
Scuderi VV
Greene Martinez
Drewiskie

IF Mitchell and VV/whoever go:
DD JJ
Scuderi Martinez
Greene
...............two of Hickey, Drewiskie, Muzzin, maybe even Deslauries, Campbell as a dark horse too.


Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 01-28-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
  #13
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I still don't see Hickey making the team at this point. Say we lose one defenseman VV for arguments sake. Martinez is still higher than Hickey on the Depth chart. Muzzin has a nice skill set and can play more physical. Deslauriers has looked better than HIckey to me in the few camps as well.
I think Hickey could pass Martinez next year. The guy is fast becoming the new Davis Drewiske.

And I haven't seen Deslauriers having nearly as good of camps as hickey. The last two years Hickey has been the last guy or second last guy cut in camp. I do not see Martinez as being unreachable by Hickey.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:09 PM
  #14
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think Hickey could pass Martinez next year. The guy is fast becoming the new Davis Drewiske.

And I haven't seen Deslauriers having nearly as good of camps as hickey. The last two years Hickey has been the last guy or second last guy cut in camp. I do not see Martinez as being unreachable by Hickey.
Martinez just needs playing time, if Mitchell goes he'll have it. Unless traded of course.

Deslauries has a better frame and just looks like a better all around player to me. The article says Hickey has improved and gotten bigger tho. He has paid his dues earning the right to be in camp longer but was still beat out by yet another defenseman drafted after him, guess we can wait and see.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
  #15
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Martinez just needs playing time, if Mitchell goes he'll have it. Unless traded of course.

Deslauries has a better frame and just looks like a better all around player to me. The article says Hickey has improved and gotten bigger tho. He has paid his dues earning the right to be in camp longer but was still beat out by yet another defenseman drafted after him, guess we can wait and see.
I don't care where a guy was drafted. Voynov is the better D-man between him and Hickey, bar none. I think you are weighing in draft ranking for Hickey to much.

You've already said Campbell could be a darkhorse. He's older, and I'd be willing to say Hickey is superior to him.

As for Martinez, you could be right, but I think if the Kings felt that highly about him as you do, he'd be getting more playing time than this. I know Voynov is better this season, but he's been a healthy scratch much of the time. If he was as good as you claim, he should be able to bump out Voynov more often than he has.

I think, assuming they both survive until next season, you'll see a very heated battled bewteen Martinez and Hickey for a roster spot. That said, odds are pretty good at least one defenseman will be traded between now and the start of next year, and those two are high on the list to be the ones moved.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:22 AM
  #16
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
The one thing I'll give Hickey is his injuries have set him back.

I don't care what DL says, Alzner was the guy they should have picked and was slotted to go there. Unless Hickey turns into something special, this isn't proven wrong.

If Hickey doesn't play a significant role for this team or net anything valuable in a trade, in my mind he will be a bust. Especially at #4. The fault won't lie with him, it will lie with DL.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.