HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

What would YOU want for Skoula

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
i think thats too much for those guys...

Old
11-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey_k
I'd like to put him in a package with Tanguay, Boychuk and a 1st Pick to Washington for Kolzig and Gonchar.

I don't really think those two Caps are unattainable, especially at the deadline. Leonsis will be really unpredictable this season I'm willing to bet. Anything could happen. Jagr could be attainable for Mikhail Kuleshov for all we know.
That's giving up way too much future. Tanguay, Boychuk, and hopefully our 1st round pick will be very important to this team after our veterans leave.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
dempsey_k*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
That's giving up way too much future. Tanguay, Boychuk, and hopefully our 1st round pick will be very important to this team after our veterans leave.
That's a team I'd rather not care to sit around and watch then.

Face it, this season is our Waterloo, we either get a good goalie and one more supporting veteran, or it's lifetime exile on some island, least of all being dethroned as emperor.

look what detroit did, and where they are even with good recent drafting...

Old
11-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
That's a team I'd rather not care to sit around and watch then.

Face it, this season is our Waterloo, we either get a good goalie and one more supporting veteran, or it's lifetime exile on some island, least of all being dethroned as emperor.

look what detroit did, and where they are even with good recent drafting...
What a ridiculous statement. First of all, there will be plenty of others on the team to watch besides three players. Second of all, if you don't want to watch Tanguay play right now, then you should not be an Avs fan. Third, how could you have anything bad to say about Boychuk, who has shown nothing but quality NHL potential, and a 1st round draft pick that we haven't even drafted yet. I'm sorry but I don't have any idea where you're coming from on that statement. Why would we give up inexpensive young players with lots of potential, for two older players with big contracts. With our payroll, we will be hard pressed to keep the guys we already have after the new CBA. I agree we need a goalie, but that's just too much to give up to get one, and we don't need another star offensive defenseman like Gonchar anyway.

Plus Jagr is a cancer, I don't want him anywhere near my team, even if it IS for Kuleshov.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:24 PM
dempsey_k*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
What a ridiculous statement. First of all, there will be plenty of others on the team to watch besides three players.
I think you greatly misunderstood me, I'm saying if those three players are all that's left, then there isn't much of a team then, and we won't have anything to look forward to now either.

Note to Foppa2118 : No Forsberg, No Sakic, No Foote, No Blake = No More Great Avs, welcome to Pittsburgh ladies and gentlemen.

Quote:
Second of all, if you don't want to watch Tanguay play right now, then you should not be an Avs fan. Third, how could you have anything bad to say about Boychuk,
I don't. I love the little bugger and hope he makes the team, but the Avs have given up two other players I adored in Drury and Deadmarsh, what makes you think I'll twitch an eye if Boychuck is all that comes between the Avs and another Stanley Cup ?

Quote:
Why would we give up inexpensive young players with lots of potential, for two older players with big contracts.
We can find other ways, Lacroix always finds neat little gimmicks to keep us alive, all that really counts is that we have three all-star scorers on 1 year contracts and no real goalie as of yet. Aebischer's come down to earth, and if he can turn it around, I'm willing to give him a chance, but I think this is a do-or-die mission. After the CBA, all bets are off.

Quote:
Plus Jagr is a cancer, I don't want him anywhere near my team, even if it IS for Kuleshov.
I was using him as an example of Washington's financial situation. All three of Jagr, Gonchar and Kolzig are in trade rumours. I don't want Jagr either, we already have 2 amazing right wingers.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I think you greatly misunderstood me, I'm saying if those three players are all that's left, then there isn't much of a team then, and we won't have anything to look forward to now either.

Note to Foppa2118 : No Forsberg, No Sakic, No Foote, No Blake = No More Great Avs, welcome to Pittsburgh ladies and gentlemen.

We can find other ways, Lacroix always finds neat little gimmicks to keep us alive

You just contradicted yourself. As you must of forgot at the begining, and then remembered later is that, there will be other talented players that will emerge, or be drafted later. Sooner or later the great players will leave the team somehow. That doesn't mean you should stop watching the team. There will be young players on a team, like Tanguay and hopefully Boychuk and that first rounder, that will develop into great players themselves. Just because our great players will leave one day, doesn't mean we will never have any great players again.

Secondly, we won't be in Pitsburgh's postition, and you know what will keep us from it. Not trading a bunch of future Avs, especially if you're including players like Tanguay, for a Goalie and a defenseman we don't need, with big contracts, when you are low on prospects as it is. Plus that would force us to either not keep the players from Washington, or get rid of players we already have. We may be able to always find talent, but when you trade away that much future, after all the future we have already given up (whether they fully live up to their potential or not) then you find yourself in trouble.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see why you think we should trade away players like Tanguay, Boychuk, and a first rounder, because you think they will be the only ones left. We won't be in Pitsburgh's situation, we will be in the Rangers situation, as they refuse to build from within as well. Except it will be worse, because we won't be able to open up the check book as much under the new CBA, and we will be stuck with no prospects, and no Forsberg, Sakic, Blake, or Foote, due to retirement, or us not being able to afford some of them. You can be the best drafting team ever, but if you keep trading them away you will be in the Rangers position, with bad chemistry and no prospects to help you rebuild when you need to. I agree we need a goalie, and will probably need to give up something, probably a prospect, even Boychuk or a first rounder, or even Tanguay, although I don't think we should trade him. But my opinion is that we shouldn't give up Boychuk, along with Tanguay and a first rounder, that's just too much.

Old
11-09-2003, 03:35 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
I'd like to put him in a package with Tanguay, Boychuk and a 1st Pick to Washington for Kolzig and Gonchar.

I don't really think those two Caps are unattainable, especially at the deadline. Leonsis will be really unpredictable this season I'm willing to bet. Anything could happen. Jagr could be attainable for Mikhail Kuleshov for all we know.
Ugh. Kolzig again? He's the most overrated goaltender in the NHL and has been for years. Gonchar's a good player, but why would we need another good_offensive/not_so_good_defensive defenseman? Bad, bad trade.

Closed Thread