HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

More Gems Found by the Wild...

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 08:45 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
More Gems Found by the Wild...

The Wild have been notorious on picking up and signing players that fit in their organization extremely well. A good case is Andrei Zyuzin last year, who has been playing pretty good this year. You can also say Sergei Zholtok, Wes Walz, Andrew Brunette, and Richard Parks have picked up their game when they came to Minnesota.

This year is no different. Minnesota has three great players that have signed or pick up. Christoph Brandner, Alexandre Daigle, and Alex Henry. I say Brandner partly because he's an overager and he hasn't had time to adjust to the NA ice. But he's playing extremely well and giving the Wild size.

Daigle, Daigle has been pretty strong for the Wild especially his speed and his abilities to pass and shoot. I'm really happy that the Wild pick this guy up. He already has four goals, which bodes well for the light goal scoring Wild.

Alex Henry I believe will be the Andrei Zyuzin of last year. A gem picked up on the waivers. He has played extremely well since coming to Minnesota giving them great size and ability on the blueline. He is also only 23 years old. I'm going to eat crow again and say I was wrong. I thought this guy would be sent down to the minors and never see the NHL again but this guy is proving me wrong. He played extremely well tonight for the Wild and continues his play with the Wild. And no he's not being used as a forward but as a defensemen and from the sounds of it, he has quickness/speed and good positioning, which might also have to do with Lemaire's coaching.

GO WILD!

Also Roche was put up on waivers. Anyone want a underachieving offensive-defensemen who has a bit of a headcase?

Old
11-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Jacob

vCash: 500
I'll bet the Penguins claim Roche.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:54 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I'll bet the Penguins claim Roche.
And then he might bloom, as many did and are doing in Pittsburgh. He has been pretty average offensively and bad defensively for the Wild in his 5 games.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Hecht

according to the telecast tonight last season daigle scored 7 points in 33 games with the pens vs this year having 7 points in 15 games with the wild.. pretty cool!

Old
11-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
according to the telecast tonight last season daigle scored 7 points in 33 games with the pens vs this year having 7 points in 15 games with the wild.. pretty cool!
The announcers of the game tonight....BTW Daigle now has 5 goals STK......said that Daigle never had a chance to get in shape for the Pens. In fact, they kept saying what a great comeback he was having this year. <------Vancouver annoucers

Old
11-09-2003, 04:37 AM
DW

Alex henry doesn't exactly have what I call abilities. He's big and can be fiesty. Those are his best attributes that I've seen in his limited playing time. I'm just not sure the Wild can afford 2 dmen (Brown) that only play 11min a game. That would be rather taxing on the other 4. I know Brad Bombadir will be back but he's due for an injury soon. I'm just hoping they alternate these guys if they want to keep them on the roster.

Closed Thread