HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Malakhov was good thought

Effortless skating and a good one timer (half slap shot)
Malakhov, when he wanted, and he didn't most of the times, was a top-5 NHL d-man. he hated playing in Montreal, but was definitely better with NJ.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

Malakhov, when he wanted, and he didn't most of the times, was a top-5 NHL d-man. he hated playing in Montreal, but was definitely better with NJ.
I didn't think any of you would remember Malakhov!!

He was a VERY graceful/effortless skater...probably one of the smoothest I've ever seen in the NHL (Scott Niedermayer, Bouwmeester...were/are also very smooth skaters).
I absolutely loved his skating and hockey style.

Heart/guts/desire...:
Malakhov was a 10 on 10 for hockey style, but...for heart, effort, consistency and work ethic I always doubted him. When he was good though he really was one of the best in the NHL, but...this was 5 to 10 games per season!!! (it's too bad about him 'cause he had everything...size/height, amazing flawless skating style, shot, hockey sense, could also fight when needed,etc, but in the end...he didn't really help our Habs too much but he gave us some hope here and there...mostly false hope!).

Ballet or figure skating:
his grace/style probably comes from his love of ballet (and maybe he also does figure skating?).

Old
01-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
White... I've completely forgotten that he's part of this team.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Picaroon

So psyched for White!!!!

Old
01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
So psyched for White!!!!
Ryan ''old school'' White!!

Wish we had another White and Moen.
Tough guys with lots of heart/grit and can play hockey and put the team first.

Old
01-29-2012, 11:24 PM
HaBs_ReNeGaTe

Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Alright, so we're after the ASG.

WHERE'S MARKOV GAUTHIER!?

Old
01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

White in, Darche out!

Old
01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe View Post
Alright, so we're after the ASG.

WHERE'S MARKOV GAUTHIER!?

Hopefully we get some news tomorrow!

Old
01-30-2012, 07:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
White in, Darche out!
Unfortunately, PG hasn't got the note ( fax ) from the medical staff yet that B Gionta is out for the season. Could someone please explain to me how come he hasn't tried to replace Gionta yet ?

Weber-Enqvist-White Poor Ryan oh yeah which puts our man Darche on the 3rd line !

Old
01-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Ginu

When they decide the hunt for the playoffs is futile, they'll announce that Markov will be back next season. There's no point bringing him back. Give him some extra time to rest.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
When they decide the hunt for the playoffs is futile, they'll announce that Markov will be back next season. There's no point bringing him back. Give him some extra time to rest.
I respectfully disagree. I think with how much time he's missed, every passing month he gets further from competitive hockey. For his (and all fans') confidence, playing some hockey this year would be a critical step. Even if it's 5-10 games.

Imagine if there's a lock-out next year and he hadn't played this year? Might as well say sayonara to him as an NHL player.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:07 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Unfortunately, PG hasn't got the note ( fax ) from the medical staff yet that B Gionta is out for the season. Could someone please explain to me how come he hasn't tried to replace Gionta yet ?

Weber-Enqvist-White Poor Ryan oh yeah which puts our man Darche on the 3rd line !
how can he replace him?
What options are available for PG?

Old
01-30-2012, 09:10 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think with how much time he's missed, every passing month he gets further from competitive hockey. For his (and all fans') confidence, playing some hockey this year would be a critical step. Even if it's 5-10 games.

Imagine if there's a lock-out next year and he hadn't played this year? Might as well say sayonara to him as an NHL player.
If he's 100% ready
why not

Shoot his knee with a gun and if he survive, he's ready to play

Old
01-30-2012, 09:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
how can he replace him?
What options are available for PG?
Haha that is why a GM is a GM. Not just to do interviews with the media.

Brian Gionta is a warrior and scores important goals. He MUST be replaced if he is out for the year.

Old
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Great post.

This is the reality and many are having a hard time with it.

I don't want any of us Hab fans to go through this next season and then the next one and the next one, etc...

Enough is enough.

This summer...Markov has to retire.

Or somehow let us use that $5.75mil for another dman (solid top 3-4 dman, not injury prone).
What a ridiculous post. He has to retire? Because he's missed 2 seasons out of what would be a great career. If the guy came back tomorrow and got two points, it's guys like you that would erect a statue. Take a chill pill.

Old
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Pretty sure Markov is fed up of re-habbing and is just itching to play a game. No way Markov shuts it down just because we are out of the playoffs, he'll play when he's ready to go.

Also it's better for the Habs to see if his knee holds up by playing him this year, instead of waiting until next year, when it will be too late to find a replacement (i.e. stuck with another Campoli type player).

Old
01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Haha that is why a GM is a GM. Not just to do interviews with the media.

Brian Gionta is a warrior and scores important goals. He MUST be replaced if he is out for the year.
Replaced by what? A vet of the same calibre? Why? Playoffs are not close enough to gamble future assets on a veteran for a push. That's the exact thing someone like Houle would do.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
axman88

Quote:

He was a VERY graceful/effortless skater...probably one of the smoothest I've ever seen in the NHL (Scott Niedermayer, Bouwmeester...were/are also very smooth skaters).

Malakhov was a 10 on 10 for hockey style, but...for heart, effort, consistency and work ethic I always doubted him. When he was good though he really was one of the best in the NHL, but...this was 5 to 10 games per season!!! (it's too bad about him 'cause he had everything...size/height, amazing flawless skating style, shot, hockey sense, could also fight when needed,etc, but in the end...he didn't really help our Habs too much but he gave us some hope here and there...mostly false hope!).

He gave us Sourray!

Old
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post

I agree, Markov coming back is more about proving he is back than contributing to winning anything this year. If he misses the whole year then you end up in limbo next summer.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Replaced by what? A vet of the same calibre? Why? Playoffs are not close enough to gamble future assets on a veteran for a push. That's the exact thing someone like Houle would do.
What ? And why does it have to be a vet that could be as productive ? And yes the playoffs are close enough. 25% is ****in close at the end of January. Especially when you have team like Ottawa and Toronto ahead of you. Easy prey.

OK then, Leblanc replaces Gionta for the rest of the season then. And no complaining about how he is too young and doesn't have enough experience and how it would ruin him, because that's BS.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Corncob

Quote:
What ? And why does it have to be a vet that could be as productive ? And yes the playoffs are close enough. 25% is ****in close at the end of January. Especially when you have team like Ottawa and Toronto ahead of you. Easy prey.
So give us some examples of the type of players you would be looking to replace him with and what assets you think you'd need to part with to get it done?

Old
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:

I absolutely loved his skating and hockey style.

Heart/guts/desire...:

Ballet or figure skating:
his grace/style probably comes from his love of ballet (and maybe he also does figure skating?).
He was also a devastating fighter. He didn't drop the gloves very often at all, but when he hit someone he hurt them. I remember at least two times he hit the other guy once and the fight was over.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
So give us some examples of the type of players you would be looking to replace him with and what assets you think you'd need to part with to get it done?
Pittsburgh PA's own RJ Umberger !

Old
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Pittsburgh PA's own RJ Umberger !
He isnt available

He signed an extension with CBJ (5 years) and was traded for a 1st round IIRC

Old
01-30-2012, 01:53 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
He isnt available

He signed an extension with CBJ (5 years) and was traded for a 1st round IIRC
You seriously think he isn't available ? Go look at the BJ's satnding. Trust me even Nash is available.

Closed Thread