HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Feedback on Easton's Stealth 65S gear

Old
01-26-2012, 10:31 PM
ArcataShark
Self/EnTitled

vCash: 500
Feedback on Easton's Stealth 65S gear

Hey, has anyone tried or heard about the Esaton Stealth line, mainly the shin guard and shoulder pads? Thinking bout' giving these bad boys a chance.

ArcataShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Never used them but I've liked the direction Easton has gone in the past couple years. Those look like overkill but the cheaper shoulders might be great.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:36 PM
ArcataShark
Self/EnTitled

I think these are one step above the lowest model price. I wanna know about the shin-guards most. I play non-contact so everyone hacks legs lol. They must be really new because I can't find much feedback about them. I'll report on them if I do buy. Thanks guys.

Old
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
AIREAYE

Yes, they're one step above the 55S and the shins are very slim judging from the pictures. These things aren't even released to retail yet so there won't be any solid reviews on them until at least late spring.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Well, the RS shins are pretty slim and lightweight, but still feel fairly protective. The elastic on the back is fairly stretchy, which is fine for most, but as somebody who likes strong straps rather than tape it's so so. The top strap that goes on the top of the calf isn't elastic at all, which helps with that, though a little annoying to put on/take off.

The interior padding is good, and feels nice against the leg. Never feels wet. There are silicone beads on there to keep it from shifting around, which seems to work alright.

They do still use the Easton Sling tec design, which keeps the front of the pad spaced fairly far away from the padding your leg is in contact with. I've used eastons for a few years now, and in my experience, that aspect keeps even their lower end pads pretty protective, at least in the shin. I definitely noticed a difference in knee protection going from cheap ones to nice ones, however.

My one complaint is that they don't have any of the front vents that the synergy line does, but I can only presume that's so they can use thinner plastic up front while maintaining structural integrity, keeping it light.

I've been happy with my pair, and would get another pair. But I was even happier with Easton's customer service, which sent them to me in exchange for the EQ50s I had bought but didn't work for me (the rear strap didn't fit around my leg- it's not elastic).

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
ArcataShark
Self/EnTitled

Cool, thank you for your input. I went ahead and got the set. Seemed like a good fit and the EQ's look a little bulky compared. I hope it's not overkill like Jarick said. I need all the help I can get with my skating At least I don't have to wear loaner gear anymore!

Old
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcataShark View Post
Cool, thank you for your input. I went ahead and got the set. Seemed like a good fit and the EQ's look a little bulky compared. I hope it's not overkill like Jarick said. I need all the help I can get with my skating At least I don't have to wear loaner gear anymore!
Have you tried them all on? How's the comfort feel? I'm interested in new shin pads myself.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Has anyone tried on a Stealth RS shoulder pad? I'm thinking of switching up to a more mobile shoulder pad with decent protection.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote