HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

A simple request.

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 09:56 PM
RedRumNJD

vCash: 500
A simple request.

I have a request:

I would appreciate it if posters on HF Boards would refrain from referring to my Penguins as an "AHL-caliber team." First, these statements are untrue. Bad team? Yes. On most nights. But AHL-quality? Hardly. They got thrashed tonight, but when they play well, Pittsburgh can at least hang with any team in the league. They are capable of playing on a competitive level with any other team. They might not win a lot, but they can compete.

The posts I've seen recently that refer to the Penguins in this manner are purely inflammatory. To put it bluntly, stop trying to get a rise out of us. Do me a favor: leave me and my fellow Penguin fans alone. We know the team isn't really any good...we don't need any help in realizing this fact. I have a feeling some of you have a grudge against Mario, and feel like taking pot shots at him because he's in a tough situation. Don't do it. Please be more mature next time.

Thanks!

Old
11-08-2003, 10:19 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumNJD
I have a request:

I would appreciate it if posters on HF Boards would refrain from referring to my Penguins as an "AHL-caliber team." First, these statements are untrue. Bad team? Yes. On most nights. But AHL-quality? Hardly. They got thrashed tonight, but when they play well, Pittsburgh can at least hang with any team in the league. They are capable of playing on a competitive level with any other team. They might not win a lot, but they can compete.

The posts I've seen recently that refer to the Penguins in this manner are purely inflammatory. To put it bluntly, stop trying to get a rise out of us. Do me a favor: leave me and my fellow Penguin fans alone. We know the team isn't really any good...we don't need any help in realizing this fact. I have a feeling some of you have a grudge against Mario, and feel like taking pot shots at him because he's in a tough situation. Don't do it. Please be more mature next time.

Thanks!
first off, i consider lemieux the greatest forward ever, so can't cite him as a crutch.
look, many teams are losing lots of money, but it just seems like PIT as an organization just isn't as sharp as it once was in the scouting dept.. is pit being forced to purge salary and thus is at the mercy of other teams? yes. but at least try to bring in better **** than nieminen/berry/bouchard/samuelsson/beech/sivek/lintner/lupaschuk. right now, fata is making some of the sting go away, but craig patrick is not having much impact on that franchise anymore (once my fave gm). basically, don't settle for 'my team sucks, so leave me alone;' be pissed, be crutical of your team, attempt to explain why your team sucks and whether it is or isn't acceptable. outside of being short on cash (like maaaaaaaaaaany other nhl teams), PIT has no business icing the **** they ice; the talent evaluation just isn't there anymore. when FLA owns you over the past 2+ years, you know something is wrong.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:53 AM
IGM

Redrumnjd, that is the saddest and most pathetic "stop picking on me" whinning pablum that I have ever read on these or any hockey boards ever. You should be given a trophy for how lame that "request" was.

I could go on for hours as to why it is pathetic and how it is lame but I think it better to just say this, suck it up buttercup. All of our teams have been called "Ahl level" at one point or another and deservedly so. The reason that we all take it is that it is only a temporary thing and the opinion of other hockey fans. The reason we take it is because we know that our teams will turn it around AND THEN we will get to come back and post about how wrong those people were. It is all done in fun and I would just say that if you can't take it then just ignore those posts. Stop being such a baby about it.

The Pens have a few really great players on their team and one of the greatest of all time (if not the and no, I am not talking about MAF) but "as a team" they sure aren't playing as well as the rest of the NHL is at this point in the season.

That being said, WHO CARES WHAT I OR OTHERS THINK ABOUT YOUR AHL CALIBER TEAM? Let it go, your a Pens fan, YOU know what your team is capable of and what they are doing about winning a cup in the future so it doesn't matter what the rest of us think.

Oh, and of course F you for whinning at all. At least your team HAS WON A CUP before, unlike some of the rest of us losers who's teams haven't yet. You don't get to complain about us anymore, once you have won the cup you lose that right.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:58 AM
Kukla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumNJD
I have a request:

Thanks!
Get used to it. Try being a Detroit Tiger fan, talk about abuse!!!

Old
11-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 353
Any post that complies with our rules is OK. If people think the Pens are an AHL caliber team they're allowed to express that opinion. If they do so in a trollish manner, it won't be allowed. Simply expressing that opinion isn't trolling. Whining about it on this board isn't allowed. If you find something offensive, PM one of the mods or post the link on the feedback board.

Closed Thread