HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Weekend Festivities... Draft, game, skills.

Old
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I'm just glad Hartnell is having an awesome season.

that is hilarious

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Fair enough. I guess if we are talking about parts, JVR was also a part of the reason I guess (since he played on Giroux's line at one point).

That being said, if Hartnell is part of Giroux's reason, than Giroux is the full reason why Hartnell is there.
Lol whatever dude. If you can't see the things Hartnell does for their line compared to what Jvr did the whole like 5 games he was with them, then I can't help you.

Giroux has obviously had a much bigger impact on Hartnell's season than Hartnell has had on Giroux's, but to discount what Hartnell has accomplished this year is just moronic. Giroux would be an all star regardless, and Hartnell most likely would not. However, the original statement was that Hartnell was part of the reason for Giroux's success, and he most certainly has been. (And not in the negligible way that you implied)

He has played solid d, has cut out penalties, has buried his opportunities, has worked hard in the corners and in front of the net, and has been the perfect complimentary player to a line of skilled players. Those are the reasons why he's been part of our most successful lines over the past several years.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:13 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Lol whatever dude. If you can't see the things Hartnell does for their line compared to what Jvr did the whole like 5 games he was with them, then I can't help you.

Giroux has obviously had a much bigger impact on Hartnell's season than Hartnell has had on Giroux's, but to discount what Hartnell has accomplished this year is just moronic. Giroux would be an all star regardless, and Hartnell most likely would not. However, the original statement was that Hartnell was part of the reason for Giroux's success, and he most certainly has been. (And not in the negligible way that you implied)

He has played solid d, has cut out penalties, has buried his opportunities, has worked hard in the corners and in front of the net, and has been the perfect complimentary player to a line of skilled players. Those are the reasons why he's been part of our most successful lines over the past several years.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
very rarely has he been on the giroux/jagr line exclusively for an entire game

laviolette puts him on other combinations as well such as with briere and simmonds and others
Well I disagree. According to LeftWingLock (since dobberhocky makes you pay for it now) Hartell has played with Giroux 13.62% all all the games (per 60 minutes). After that with Giroux and Voracek 3.56% and than after that would be the beginning of the season with Couturier and Read. This is ES.

For PP, he has played with Danny Briere and Read 10.20% with Jagr-Giroux-Simmonds playing on the top PP line. He has played with Giroux though 6.4% of the time. He has played with Briere for the most part on the PP (as we can see here) but for most of the game he is with Giroux (too late to add up all the percentages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Lol whatever dude. If you can't see the things Hartnell does for their line compared to what JvR did the whole like 5 games he was with them, then I can't help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post

Umm I think your misunderstanding me. JVR was horrendous on that line, hands down. I do like what he brings on the Giroux line. That being said, go back to when he was with Couturier and Read. He was downright horrendous and you cant blame it on the rookies. They were both ppg at the time and playing tremendous hockey. You dont find it kind of funny that RIGHT when he got put on Giroux's line it went from his worst season to best? Hartnell has 2 points in his first 8 games averaging around 12-13 minutes. Giroux, had 8 points in those 8 games while playing with JVR who didnt look so good. I like Hartnell and not downplaying his season, but you cant say he be like this without playing with Giroux.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

I think G trying to take out Hartnell was the icing on the cake for me for this event. I love this freakin' team.

And I HATE to say it...but Hartnell has finally solidified himself as a player I genuinely like. He's just such a great freakin' guy, hard to not route for him, especially when he's playing his ass off.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I think G trying to take out Hartnell was the icing on the cake for me for this event. I love this freakin' team.

And I HATE to say it...but Hartnell has finally solidified himself as a player I genuinely like. He's just such a great freakin' guy, hard to not route for him, especially when he's playing his ass off.
Some of us have been saying it since he joined the team, Scott Hartnell not taking dumb penalties and playing his kind of hockey, can be one of the most important players on this team. It was like Jester, I and 3 other people defending Hartnell and what he could do vs. everyone else who wanted him off the team after his first season.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Some of us have been saying it since he joined the team, Scott Hartnell not taking dumb penalties and playing his kind of hockey, can be one of the most important players on this team. It was like Jester, I and 3 other people defending Hartnell and what he could do vs. everyone else who wanted him off the team after his first season.
My problems with Hartnell were always that he took dumb penalties, fell down like it was his job, and not using his body right. I liked his brand of hockey when it was working, but felt as though he was overpaid for the amount of time he was actually effective. I'm ecstatic that he's coming into his own this season, especially by cutting out the penalties, because he really is a nice guy. He plays Flyers hockey and I want him to succeed. I always have, just was worried he wasn't going to. If this means i have to eat crow, get me the ketchup...I never said he couldn't succeed, just that we wasn't at the time. I'm stoked to see him turning around.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
My problems with Hartnell were always that he took dumb penalties, fell down like it was his job, and not using his body right. I liked his brand of hockey when it was working, but felt as though he was overpaid for the amount of time he was actually effective. I'm ecstatic that he's coming into his own this season, especially by cutting out the penalties, because he really is a nice guy. He plays Flyers hockey and I want him to succeed. I always have, just was worried he wasn't going to. If this means i have to eat crow, get me the ketchup...I never said he couldn't succeed, just that we wasn't at the time. I'm stoked to see him turning around.
I have felt this way since he got here as well but when he says stuff like "maybe I will go out and give Phaneuf a bump and ask him how do you like those apples" makes me love him. I can't believe no one mentioned that clip yet. Then shortly after his "suck it Phaneuf" priceless....

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
With or without Giroux, Hartnell is playing the best hockey I've ever seen him play in orange and black. He's been putting on some great individual efforts; he puts in a lot of goals that can be attributed mostly to his hard work.

Playing with Giroux and Jagr has obviously helped him, but he hasn't exactly been dead weight on that line. He's helped Giroux and Jagr as well.

As I mentioned before, this came after a few weeks of him playing what was possibly the worst hockey we've seen him play; he was REALLY bad at the beginning of the season. He sure as hell has made up for it, and then some.

01-30-2012, 07:34 AM
stuccoman

I've always loved Scott Hartnell's hustle, but the stupid penalties drove me crazy also. Like a few people have said you have got to give him SOME credit for the lines he's played on the last couple of years. I'll tell you what, make him available for a trade at his pay and watch how many teams line up to get him. Everybody knows he's a pain to play against.

stuccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Again, it's been the penalties and stupid decision-making that's always pissed me off with Hartnell. You could never fault the guy for effort -- we could probably count on one hand the number of times he's been lacking in that department. For me, it's just always been the absence of a brain. Really glad to see that he's doing well. Hope the people who wanted to trade him at the beginning of the year enjoy the crow.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Umm I think your misunderstanding me. JVR was horrendous on that line, hands down. I do like what he brings on the Giroux line. That being said, go back to when he was with Couturier and Read. He was downright horrendous and you cant blame it on the rookies. They were both ppg at the time and playing tremendous hockey. You dont find it kind of funny that RIGHT when he got put on Giroux's line it went from his worst season to best? Hartnell has 2 points in his first 8 games averaging around 12-13 minutes. Giroux, had 8 points in those 8 games while playing with JVR who didnt look so good. I like Hartnell and not downplaying his season, but you cant say he be like this without playing with Giroux.

Sorry, maybe I did misunderstand what you were trying to say, but I still believe Hartnell's horrible start was just a slump. He's been through them often. He's always scored goals in bunches and then would go 10 games without one. Yet he always manages ~25 goals a year. He's a good player, and he wouldn't have sucked all year if he wasn't with Giroux.

There's no doubt that Giroux has been a great help to him, and is a big factor in his offensive output. That said, I don't believe Hartnell is the leech some people seem to think he is. I think he is a good player, who contributes a lot of minor things to the line that add up over the course of the year. He's a good player who has had his game raised by Grioux and Jagr, but he's been helpful to them as well.

Last edited by Protest: 01-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
thelos
Bunk

JVR-Couturier-Simmonds was looking good for a few games.

And Hartnell is just a perfect compliment to Giroux-Jagr. Teams are going to focus defense on the 2 super stars, leaving Hartnell and his shot more open. Also he work on the boards for G and Jagr is great. He is also the only one on that line who knows how to play defense. (Giroux tries but is overaggressive, Jagr doesn't do much)

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post

still enjoy #weakwrists
Never gonna get old.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote