HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2012, 09:41 PM
  #1
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Continue here.

overlords is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 01:06 AM
  #2
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Big win for the dogs.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 03:11 PM
  #3
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Big win for the dogs.
It was a good win after the last two games. Solid effort by all, liked both Desimone and Nattinen last night. Also Lawson was good when he had to be. wish they would move LeBlanc to the first unit PP. He is so good/smart with the puck I'd bet with palushaj and Enqvist he could raise our PP to the top five if given a chance.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
  #4
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
It was a good win after the last two games. Solid effort by all, liked both Desimone and Nattinen last night. Also Lawson was good when he had to be. wish they would move LeBlanc to the first unit PP. He is so good/smart with the puck I'd bet with palushaj and Enqvist he could raise our PP to the top five if given a chance.
Who else is on the PP? Willsie?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
  #5
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Who else is on the PP? Willsie?
Yes.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 10:41 PM
  #6
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
3-1 loss tonight at Lake Erie hurts.

Outplayed them, out chanced them, just couldn't get the tying goal (and then Erie scored in the empty net).

Also the reffing was attrocious as the Dogs really should have had at least 4-5 PPs in the third period.


Wilsie from Leblanc and Callahan was the goal.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:16 PM
  #7
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
I really hope they let Leblanc develop in the AHL next year and let him rip it up. He's already doing great.

overlords is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:18 PM
  #8
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really hope they let Leblanc develop in the AHL next year and let him rip it up. He's already doing great.
He did so well in the NHL that if he shows up to camp and has added muscle over the summer, i think he'll be valuable to the Habs next season..

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:23 PM
  #9
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
He did so well in the NHL that if he shows up to camp and has added muscle over the summer, i think he'll be valuable to the Habs next season..
I think he'd be valuable to us this season, let alone next season. Problem is I don't see there being a spot for him in the top 9 unless we let Akost or Moen go. There's also the fact that Palushaj will have to play with the habs or get traded this summer since he'll be waiver eligible. Leblanc is not a guy I'd want playing 4th line minutes either.

I'd say keep him as the first call up option and let him dominate the AHL. Knowing this team, an injury is never far away, so he'll have enough chances to go up and down all season.

overlords is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:27 PM
  #10
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I agree I don't want him on the fourth line either.

I really don't see Moen back, and even if he is, I think he could form an awesome third line with White.

I'm not convinced AKost will be back either.

There very well could be a spot.

Also Kristo and Gallagher will need playing time at RW, so thats why I see Leblanc in our top 9 at the NHL level and those two as the top 6 RWers in Hamilton.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
  #11
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Schultz got into 2 fights! Did he looked good?

Hannibal is online now  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
  #12
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really hope they let Leblanc develop in the AHL next year and let him rip it up. He's already doing great.
I also would like to see him play at least 30-40 games with the new kids coming in the AHL next season..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
  #13
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I agree I don't want him on the fourth line either.

I really don't see Moen back, and even if he is, I think he could form an awesome third line with White.

I'm not convinced AKost will be back either.

There very well could be a spot.

Also Kristo and Gallagher will need playing time at RW, so thats why I see Leblanc in our top 9 at the NHL level and those two as the top 6 RWers in Hamilton.
Even if I'm very high on Leblanc, we're a worse team with that lineup. Leblanc cannot and will not replace AK's scoring or Moen's grit.

Would love to see Ak - Eller - Leblanc again, though

overlords is offline  
Old
01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
  #14
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Even if I'm very high on Leblanc, we're a worse team with that lineup. Leblanc cannot and will not replace AK's scoring or Moen's grit.

Would love to see Ak - Eller - Leblanc again, though
Depends on what you do with the money saved. Bring in a real top 6 centre with size and a top 4 dman and your third line might not be as good as it is this year, but overall the team might be better.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
  #15
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Anyone see the game, any comments? Frustrating to beat the Marlies and then drop a close one like that. Will come back to haunt us later in the year.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 06:29 PM
  #16
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Schultz is a boss. I want him now with the Habs.




Hannibal is online now  
Old
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
  #17
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
but can he figh-- oh wai...

yeah, i wish shultz will become sort of our thornton-lite, but he still needs times to hone his, you know, hockey skills...

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
  #18
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
but can he figh-- oh wai...

yeah, i wish shultz will become sort of our thornton-lite, but he still needs times to hone his, you know, hockey skills...
Don't you dare saying such a thing!!

he can fight, what else could he need?

Iwishihadacup is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
  #19
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
He's having a decent season for a though third liner.

Hannibal is online now  
Old
01-30-2012, 12:40 AM
  #20
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Don't you dare saying such a thing!!

he can fight, what else could he need?
haven't seen him much in Hamilton, but saw him live a few times while he was with the Hitmen...

if he's committed as a professional (i.e spends a lot of time in the offseason working on skating/conditioning, and the mental side of the game), I could easily see him turn into a solid NHL 4th liner.

a tough guy who can play ~10-12 min a game without hurting the team.

he has decent hands, and (at the WHL level), showed pretty solid hockey sense. responsible/effective enough to be used in top-6 roles at the junior level and not just because of his physical play.

to be sure, he's got to make some serious progress, but i think it's unfair to imply that fighting is his only attribute as a hockey player.

he isn't a "pure goon", the kid actually has some decent hockey skills, remains to be seen how badly he wants to become an NHLer

Miller Time is online now  
Old
01-30-2012, 01:30 AM
  #21
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
haven't seen him much in Hamilton, but saw him live a few times while he was with the Hitmen...

if he's committed as a professional (i.e spends a lot of time in the offseason working on skating/conditioning, and the mental side of the game), I could easily see him turn into a solid NHL 4th liner.

a tough guy who can play ~10-12 min a game without hurting the team.

he has decent hands, and (at the WHL level), showed pretty solid hockey sense. responsible/effective enough to be used in top-6 roles at the junior level and not just because of his physical play.

to be sure, he's got to make some serious progress, but i think it's unfair to imply that fighting is his only attribute as a hockey player.

he isn't a "pure goon", the kid actually has some decent hockey skills, remains to be seen how badly he wants to become an NHLer
pretty sure he was sarcastic

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:01 AM
  #22
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
He's having a decent season for a though third liner.
Not really. I mean, considering his injury, sure, but he's still at least a season away from being a potential call-up like White.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 06:32 AM
  #23
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
2010-11 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 45 3 1 4 49 -5

2011-12 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 30 2 8 10 54 2

Pretty good progression imo

katatoniak is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 06:47 AM
  #24
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
No doubt that Shultz is better than he was last year.

He's still nowhere close to NHL ready though, and has a long way to go before that happens.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
  #25
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Anyone see the game, any comments? Frustrating to beat the Marlies and then drop a close one like that. Will come back to haunt us later in the year.
They ran into a hot goaltender, and terrible reffing. LE seems to have the Dogs number, they don't seem to play well against them and that was with LE having both their goalies out.

At least Lawson has looked better in the last 2 games as he wasn't very good in the outdoor game.


Also heard that Conboy is now listed as out for the season.

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.