HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Perron to the AVS...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  #26
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Oh, brilliant point about his injuries. I completely overlooked that. On that note, I would be even less willing to trade for him. The Avs have Mueller already.
He's had 1 concussion, 1 injury in his entire NHL career.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  #27
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
No way would I part with either one of these players. Not sure about the Avs' management, but I am under the impression they wouldn't do so, either.


Blackberry. Or key lime.

Oh, brilliant point about his injuries. I completely overlooked that. On that note, I would be even less willing to trade for him. The Avs have Mueller already.
He's had ONE concussion. That has been his only injury in his NHL career. He's been hit hard several times this season. So I honestly am not worried about that as a Blues fan.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:07 PM
  #28
Benighted
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
He's had 1 concussion, 1 injury in his entire NHL career.
Not to mention he has had ZERO issues since he's been back. Isn't duchene injured? You better ship him to us for a pick since he has no value now....

Benighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  #29
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
He's had 1 concussion, 1 injury in his entire NHL career.
The Avalanche already have Mueller who has been plagued by PCS for the last 18 months. Not sure from an Avalanche fan perspective it would be smart to have two wingers who have missed extensive periods of time recently because of head injuries.

What I am trying to say is I am not comfortable having two "risks" on wing. And I really do not like using the word "risk", but cannot think of anything better at this moment. You all know what I mean, right?

Ok, I am being raked over the coals for my comment, so let me clarify. After seeing what happened to Mueller, I am nervous picking up a guy so soon after returning from a concussion of his severity.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
  #30
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
The Avalanche already have Mueller who has been plagued by PCS for the last 18 months. Not sure from an Avalanche fan perspective it would be smart to have two wingers who have missed extensive periods of time recently because of head injuries.

What I am trying to say is I am not comfortable having two "risks" on wing. And I really do not like using the word "risk", but cannot think of anything better at this moment. You all know what I mean, right?
I can understand what you're saying, but Perron hasn't had any issues since his return. He has taken plenty of hits and hasn't had any concussion like symptoms. I really don't view Perron to be a risk.

I don't see a trade happening between these 2 teams though.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:16 PM
  #31
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I can understand what you're saying, but Perron hasn't had any issues since his return. He has taken plenty of hits and hasn't had any concussion like symptoms. I really don't view Perron to be a risk.

I don't see a trade happening between these 2 teams though.
Alright, thanks for being so understanding here! I also appreciate your reasoning, too (I do not catch many Blues games). Mueller's situation sounds to be more "severe" than Perron (two concussions the past 18 months v one). All I can say is I am glad both are back and performing well for their respective teams.

And yes, I cannot see a trade going down between these two teams anytime in the near future.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
  #32
Freudian
Deja vu again?
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 31,426
vCash: 228
He's had one concussion that had him miss almost a year of hockey. Guys with those kind of concussions are always going to have people worrying about them getting another one.

Mueller, Perron, Crosby, Bergeron, MacDonald, Pronger and Lombardi are always going to have that stigma attached to them in the future. There have been enough of examples of guys having to sit out a long time with a concussion being forced to retire after the next one (Savard, Lappy). And some have done well for a few years (Bergeron).

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
  #33
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Alright, thanks for being so understanding here! I also appreciate your reasoning, too (I do not catch many Blues games). Mueller's situation sounds to be more "severe" than Perron (two concussions the past 18 months v one). All I can say is I am glad both are back and performing well for their respective teams.

And yes, I cannot see a trade going down between these two teams anytime in the near future.
I understand your perspective. I think it's different when they have had more then one concussion though. It seems like every player is at risk for a concussion though now. With as many concussions as there have been lately.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
  #34
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 270
Any chance Quincey is available? Not for Perron though.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
  #35
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,484
vCash: 500
As an Avs fan, I would easily do (actually reluctant to give up Gaunce):

One of our defensive dmen which STL could use + 2nd pick + Gaunce (good dman prospect, just a step below Barrie/Elliott) <---> Steen

Perron is in his own class though here and Avs don't have enough pieces they can actually move to get him.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
  #36
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
As an Avs fan, I would easily do (actually reluctant to give up Gaunce):

One of our defensive dmen which STL could use + 2nd pick + Gaunce (good dman prospect, just a step below Barrie/Elliott) <---> Steen

Perron is in his own class though here and Avs don't have enough pieces they can actually move to get him.
So are you asking for Steen? He is as untouchable as Backes IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
  #37
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
He's had one concussion that had him miss almost a year of hockey. Guys with those kind of concussions are always going to have people worrying about them getting another one.

Mueller, Perron, Crosby, Bergeron, MacDonald, Pronger and Lombardi are always going to have that stigma attached to them in the future. There have been enough of examples of guys having to sit out a long time with a concussion being forced to retire after the next one (Savard, Lappy). And some have done well for a few years (Bergeron).
Exactly my point.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:25 PM
  #38
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
As an Avs fan, I would easily do (actually reluctant to give up Gaunce):

One of our defensive dmen which STL could use + 2nd pick + Gaunce (good dman prospect, just a step below Barrie/Elliott) <---> Steen

Perron is in his own class though here and Avs don't have enough pieces they can actually move to get him.
Blues wouldn't come within a mile of this. What would the Blues do with a defensive defenseman from Colorado? Scratch him?

They are more likely to trade Perron than Steen. And if they traded Steen, it would never, ever be for a collection of spare parts. The Blues have no use for depth. They are winning with multiple injuries and still have multiple NHL-ready players in the minors. No picks or prospects. Immediate quality.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
  #39
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,817
vCash: 500
If Perron is in the discussion, so is Matt Duchene. Flame away, but that is what the discussion would have to focus around if the Blues even consider talking.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:54 AM
  #40
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
If Perron is in the discussion, so is Matt Duchene. Flame away, but that is what the discussion would have to focus around if the Blues even consider talking.
How about Duchene+Landeskog and 1st 2013 for Perron and Schwartz?

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:58 AM
  #41
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Ill Side
Country: United States
Posts: 8,854
vCash: 500
Do I detect a fair amount of sarcasm there? lol

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:00 AM
  #42
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
How about Duchene+Landeskog and 1st 2013 for Perron and Schwartz?
So we get both Duchene and Landeskog? Value wise I do that in a heartbeat. I don't think we are going to do a major shakeup trade like this though. If Army was offered that, it would be awfully tempting though.

Edit: maybe i didn't pickup the sarcasm lol


Last edited by bleedblue1223: 01-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.
bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
  #43
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,082
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
How about Duchene+Landeskog and 1st 2013 for Perron and Schwartz?
If only you were being serious

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
  #44
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,070
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
How about Duchene+Landeskog and 1st 2013 for Perron and Schwartz?

You wouldn't need to add the 1st, the Blues would.

To Av's
Perron
Schwartz
Blues 2012 1st rounder or Ty Rattie

To Blues
Duchene
Landeskog

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:15 AM
  #45
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Ill Side
Country: United States
Posts: 8,854
vCash: 500
It would probably have to be the 1st and Rattie to be even close. Duchene is worth a fortune.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:31 AM
  #46
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
To put into context....DP57 is worth about as much to the Blues as Patrick Kane is to the Hawks. People will laugh when I say this, but I honestly believe Perron has the potential to be even better than Kane someday. If you watch him play he already has some of the absolute best hands and vision in the game. Not to mention tremendous play making ability and a lethal shot. His concussion was definitely a set back but his game has picked up pretty much right where it left off. In fact, since his return he is the highest points per game of any forward in the Blues Top 6. He has also already worked his way back to the Blues 1st line where he is averaging over 20 minutes per game now. All this while still making less than 3 Million. And due to his injury the Blues will still probably be able to sign him in the range of 3.5-4 Mil per this off-season.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:43 AM
  #47
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
To put into context....DP57 is worth about as much to the Blues as Patrick Kane is to the Hawks. People will laugh when I say this, but I honestly believe Perron has the potential to be even better than Kane someday. If you watch him play he already has some of the absolute best hands and vision in the game. Not to mention tremendous play making ability and a lethal shot. His concussion was definitely a set back but his game has picked up pretty much right where it left off. In fact, since his return he is the highest points per game of any forward in the Blues Top 6. He has also already worked his way back to the Blues 1st line where he is averaging over 20 minutes per game now. All this while still making less than 3 Million. And due to his injury the Blues will still probably be able to sign him in the range of 3.5-4 Mil per this off-season.
With a some tweaking this statement can basically describe Mueller. I'm not saying Mueller is on the same skill level as Perron just to clarify, considering I haven't watched many Blues game.

Holy **** though. A thread where Avs-Blues fans haven't started a pissing match.

Who is expendable for the Blues come the trade deadline/offseason?

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:00 AM
  #48
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
With a some tweaking this statement can basically describe Mueller. I'm not saying Mueller is on the same skill level as Perron just to clarify, considering I haven't watched many Blues game.

Holy **** though. A thread where Avs-Blues fans haven't started a pissing match.

Who is expendable for the Blues come the trade deadline/offseason?
In my opinion, I don't know how other Blues fans feel about this, but I'm hoping no one is expendable. I'd like to see them go into the playoffs with the team they currently have and see how things go.

Hopefully the Blues can get Mcdonald back soon and thats pretty much like making a trade without giving anything up because he hasn't been with the team in a long time.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:30 AM
  #49
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
With a some tweaking this statement can basically describe Mueller. I'm not saying Mueller is on the same skill level as Perron just to clarify, considering I haven't watched many Blues game.

Holy **** though. A thread where Avs-Blues fans haven't started a pissing match.

Who is expendable for the Blues come the trade deadline/offseason?
Haha, good point about the pissing match. I've actually always liked the Aves, and the rivalry between our teams since the trade has been great IMO. And yeah I haven't seen much of Mueller either, but from I saw...I was definitely impressed. Hopefully him and Perron can both fully recover and help our teams moving forward. Regarding the trade deadline question...It's really hard to say what the Blues will do exactly. I doubt many(if any)roster players are actually moved. The Blues biggest need right now is offense though, and not too long ago Armstrong announced the Blues would likely be buyers. To me that says we'll most likely be looking to possibly move some prospects and draft picks. That said, for the right price I would think pretty much any Blues prospect besides hopefully Tarasenko would be open for discussion. Personally, with the Blues having tons of talent already on the right side, I would like to see them possibly shop prospect Ty Rattie. The return would have to be for immediate offensive help though as Rattie is the top scoring forward in the WHL this season, and still only 18 yrs old. Another prospect I could see the Blues possibly moving is Jori Lehterä. Most fans(outside of the Blues) have never heard of him, but he is a big Finish centremen who has done great internationally, and was the top scoring forward a few seasons ago in the FEL, and on a PPG pace in the KHL this season before he got injured. Problem is he is 24 now, and it's looking more and more likely that his chance of ever playing with the Blues may have past. His skating has been an issue, but I still think he could be a very effective forward in the NHL. Another guy like that is Blues defensemen Jonas Junland. He was a talented defensemen who left to play in the SEL a few seasons ago and likely would have earned a spot on the Blues if he had stayed. He could be a great pick-up for a team looking for defensive depth. I really doubt the Blues trade a guy like Jaden Schwartz...he is expected to go pro this next season(in either Peoria or for the Blues) and the asking price for him would be VERY high. Ben Bishop is an AHL all-star goalie that could be available at the deadline, but more likely this Summer as the Blues don't have another goalie to fill in if Halak or Elliott were to go down. Just a few names I figured I'd throw out there, but the chances of any actual roster players being traded are VERY slim. That said, I suppose theoretically anyone is available for the right price.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:10 AM
  #50
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
In my opinion, I don't know how other Blues fans feel about this, but I'm hoping no one is expendable. I'd like to see them go into the playoffs with the team they currently have and see how things go.

Hopefully the Blues can get Mcdonald back soon and thats pretty much like making a trade without giving anything up because he hasn't been with the team in a long time.
I agree that they shouldn't move any of their significant players, but I would be fine if they added.

A big defensive pick-up would be nuts and would put them over the top, but I'm fine with their D as is, and the price would be steep. If they're going to make a move, I'm thinking a scoring rental (Smyth, Selanne, Whitney) or somebody who can win faceoffs and could play on any of the top three lines. Saku Koivu, Vermette, Dominic Moore, Jussi Jokinen, Roy, that kind of guy. But only if it costs them picks, prospects, and/or a warm body, like Crombeen or Porter. Add, but don't disturb what has gone right.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.