HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

"Jeff Carter is 100% available."

Old
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What did Atlanta get for Kovy and what did Philly get for Carter? And Kovy is the better player.
If Phili wanted to pull a slick one, they would have signed Carter for say 5 or 6 years.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
What did Atlanta get for Kovy and what did Philly get for Carter? And Kovy is the better player.
Kovalchuk was also a pending UFA, which Carter is basically the exact opposite of.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Stewart doesn't really have a great passer anymore unfortunately. And he hit almost 30 twice...Not just last year.
I'm very familiar with Stewart. He'll be streaky til the day he dies. Not something I'm interested in for Columbus, and something I was happy to see go in Colorado.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Stewart and Voracek aren't comparable players at all, with the exception being that both are young forwards.

Bishop is most likely going to be a Group VI free agent, and thus would hold pretty much no value.
I know Stewart should be a power forward because that's what people say his type is, but he hardly plays like one.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
If Phili wanted to pull a slick one, they would have signed Carter for say 5 or 6 years.
Cap hit would go up to $6.5 million per year - Trade value would go down.

If a team signs a player to a 1 year contract the player he can't be traded until half the season is over and there should be similar rules for all contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Kovalchuk was also a pending UFA, which Carter is basically the exact opposite of.
That's because Carter signed the contract he did, which was my point.
I think Carter would of been a year from being RFA, so it's not that different from Kovy.

----
I'm also done with this discussion.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
I was referring to the trade between Philly and CBJ. I'm not against the contract (not for it either )but against the idea of signing Carter to a long term deal and then trading him before he plays a single game on it. If the NHL had a little bit of cajones they would of ripped up Carter's contract, declared him an unsigned RFA and let Philly trade him as an unsigned RFA. That would of been the "right" thing to do for everyone involved.
Totally agree. And when a player shows up out of shape or under-performs they should rip those contracts up too and make those players RFA. For every Jeff Carter, you have a Wade Redden. If you're gonna protect the players, you probably want to protect the teams as well.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote