HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

'11/'12: Leafs Trade Rumors/Proposals: Liles Re-Signed but no trade.

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2012, 01:54 AM
anderson3133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
dudley was being "politically correct" during the whole interview including when talking about schenn. honestly, if schenn was really being discussed in a trade, what is dudley going to say on a radio interview? is he going to say "Yes Schenn is involved in trade talks"? not a chance. he won't reveal the truth.

burke only put the schenn-jvr rumours to rest, but he said he wouldn't guarantee that schenn wouldn't be traded.

so i don't believe dudley's words at all and i believe there is a possibility schenn gets dealt this week.

just my 2 cents.
He could just as easily say something like "he has recently garnered interest", much like when Versteeg was rumoured to be on the move.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:58 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
dudley was being "politically correct" during the whole interview including when talking about schenn. honestly, if schenn was really being discussed in a trade, what is dudley going to say on a radio interview? is he going to say "Yes Schenn is involved in trade talks"? not a chance. he won't reveal the truth.

burke only put the schenn-jvr rumours to rest, but he said he wouldn't guarantee that schenn wouldn't be traded.

so i don't believe dudley's words at all and i believe there is a possibility schenn gets dealt this week.

just my 2 cents.
he wouldnt lie tho, he could just say "i cannot make any comments as to anything BB is up to" and feign ignorance.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
ChesapeakeRipper
Dr. Hannibal Lecter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
He could just as easily say something like "he has recently garnered interest", much like when Versteeg was rumoured to be on the move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
he wouldnt lie tho, he could just say "i cannot make any comments as to anything BB is up to" and feign ignorance.
thats true, but if he said those statements, it would create more speculation than there already is. every media outlet would go crazy. i think he did the right thing in being "politically correct". he didn't say yes and didn't say no either.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:28 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
thats true, but if he said those statements, it would create more speculation than there already is. every media outlet would go crazy. i think he did the right thing in being "politically correct". he didn't say yes and didn't say no either.
maybe, but listening to his candid replies leads me to feel he wasnt skirting any issues or "lying". simply put, i think he would have expected these questions and if he had information to hide he wouldnt have done the interview/QandA at such a juncture... coulda easily went on after any pending trades. and fyi he did say "no" by strongly infering he has never seen or heard of any deal with luke schenns name in it, and if anyone in the organization would be privy to that info it would be him and nonis

regardless, this is the strongest evidence we have of anything either way, and it points to schenn staying... and you know what? im kinda relieved.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:31 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

He isn't permitted to say that a guy is being shopped anyways, it's tampering.

IMO if he did not outright deny it then I would think that Schenn is definitely being dangled in trade talks but Burke has set the bar very high and few other GMs are even sniffing the bait, let alone biting.

If a deal goes down involving Schenn, it would be a big deal. I cannot see that kind of deal happening with a playoff contender, although Philly has an outside shot because they are clearly decimated on their blueline and are in a micro rebuild right now anyways.

IMO there likely were detailed talks involcing JvR and Schenn and they died off when JvR got the concussion. I would guess Burke lowered the value on JvR and Holmgren said no way.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:33 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Every day that goes by makes the trades more and more likely to come to fruition.

Burke will almost definitely do something to improve this team before the deadline, but it just requires timing to pull it off.

The Leafs and other teams are banking dollars against the cap and when they get closer to the deadline a lot of trades will start rolling out. This is how things work under the CBA, Burke wants to get things done earlier but it'll almost never be this early in the season...

Old
01-30-2012, 02:40 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
He isn't permitted to say that a guy is being shopped anyways, it's tampering.

IMO if he did not outright deny it then I would think that Schenn is definitely being dangled in trade talks but Burke has set the bar very high and few other GMs are even sniffing the bait, let alone biting.

If a deal goes down involving Schenn, it would be a big deal. I cannot see that kind of deal happening with a playoff contender, although Philly has an outside shot because they are clearly decimated on their blueline and are in a micro rebuild right now anyways.

IMO there likely were detailed talks involcing JvR and Schenn and they died off when JvR got the concussion. I would guess Burke lowered the value on JvR and Holmgren said no way.
its not tampering if it works against yourself... also its not hampering any team from resigning an RFA or UFA... possibly, anyways.

but if he wasnt permitted to say anything he could have:
1)not done the show
2)played ignorant
3)refused to answer
4)or answer vagely
but i feel his answer was pretty clear, no schenn talks yet... doesnt mean other teams havent sent offers, but BB is so far not interested in them and not extending schenn in trade talks... yet

also those JVR rumors never came from any reliable source, other than somewhat reliable ppl speculating what they could possibly see happening. there is no proof any talks with schenn have ever happened, so i gotta trust Dudley on this one

Last edited by delirium trigger: 01-30-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old
01-30-2012, 05:18 AM
darrylsittler27

JVR isnt worth that much now.

He has a concussion which isn't good for a power forward.Burke would have pulled out as JVR is now a huge question mark.Getzlaf is the guy as Stall makes too much for the point production,whats he at 34 points?Schenn needs time to grow,unless we get something bonafide,Burke wont let him go.Hopefully we face Philly in the playoffs,their defense sucks!

Old
01-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
Mmm, he's only had 1 year where he's scored over 20 goals and even over 40 points. What is he 25, don't you think by 26 at the end of this year he should of had a couple of good seasons to date? I mean in 3/4 Grabs looks like he's goin to score 20+ goals and 50 points in most of his seasons with us. At least he's shown he has it, while Kuli hasn't.
Grabovski is also two years older buddy. He just came to the game 3 years back. Grabovski came from the USSR 5 years back, there is a big difference in that also.

As I said i think there is other sides that we are talking about for kulemin thats putting him off his game.

01-30-2012, 06:09 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
He has a concussion which isn't good for a power forward.Burke would have pulled out as JVR is now a huge question mark.Getzlaf is the guy as Stall makes too much for the point production,whats he at 34 points?Schenn needs time to grow,unless we get something bonafide,Burke wont let him go.Hopefully we face Philly in the playoffs,their defense sucks!
Their defense may suck but they bring a lot of other intagibles.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:24 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this, but I wonder how this affects the trade mood of CBJ organization. http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/columbus...g-saeason.html
Interesting line from that letter..."We have taken actions and will continue our push to improve."

What actions have they taken? assigning a few players to the AHL? That is all I can find.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Larcos_Unal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Their defense may suck but they bring a lot of other intagibles.
team toughness is one of those, they'd murder us in the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcos_Unal View Post
team toughness is one of those, they'd murder us in the playoffs.
Pretty much, from line 1 to line 4 we would be murdered.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:57 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

"him and the coach have a few issues"

http://www.fan960.com/ondemand/media...26_114720_1924

Friedman talks about Leafs Liles extention, and Schenn's situation about halfway through this audio clip.

Also says Holzer is NHL ready.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread