HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Andrei Markov Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2012, 10:24 PM
  #76
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Surprise surprise. Did anyone actually believe a word out of Pinocchio Gauthier's mouth? When he said Markov would return after the All-Star break I think he was talking about the 2013 All-Star Break. Unfortunately reporters failed to ask him to specify the yr of his return.


The truth is out there.


Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:48 PM
  #77
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post


The truth is out there.

I had to share this on FB.... Now all we need is the X-Files music..

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:52 AM
  #78
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Still nothing? I wonder why the media and fan base speculate and make **** up. It couldn't have anything to do with our management group being completely secretive about this important issue, could it?

I think Pierre Gauthier thinks if we don't talk about it the problem will just disappear into the night and no one will ever ask him about it again. It's a gong show here.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:19 AM
  #79
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Asking about it won make it happen faster.

And I don't think if he could come back, they wouldn't allow him.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:23 AM
  #80
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
The little info we are getting, is because nothing is certain.

Medial recovery and rehab isn't a straight line event.

And not even the doctors can predict an exact return date. If they could, the organization would give it.

Especially in this situation which is clearly more complicated than most.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
  #81
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
I have no idea when Markov is coming back but this is what I remember hearing from Markov, Gauthier, HF posters during the summer:

1. Markov: something like this "I hope to be ready for opening day training camp."

2. Gauthier: "We look forward to having him back in our lineup for the start of the upcoming season." (meaning 2011 - 2012, LOL)

3. HF Poster X: Markov's recovery could be up to a year.

4. HF Poster Y: Markov is due back in November.

5. HF Poster A: Markov is due back in October.

6. HF Poster G: you don't build a defense to prepare for injuries.......(um, okay)

7. HF Poster Poll: the Habs need Gill but not Hamrlik.

8. HF Poster numerous: had Markov in the lineup to start season.

9. HF Poster Q: the Habs don't need Hamrlik but do need a replacement. (I went along with that)

10. Gauthier: silence

11. HF Poster numerous: start to pencil in Markov for next year.

12. Gauthier: silence

In summary there were a handful of posters who were adamant about either re-signing Hamrlik and / or acquiring a top 4 d-man should Markov not be ready. This isn't hindsight either - it's what some predicted could happen and it did. How Gauthier couldn't prepare for such a scenario with an injury ridden history of the Habs' D the last few years is beyond me. So right now it's taking a boatload of moves on D and playing 7 D a night to compensate for the loss of a couple of important pieces that are gone for whatever reason. This season is on Gauthier.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
  #82
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Still nothing? I wonder why the media and fan base speculate and make **** up. It couldn't have anything to do with our management group being completely secretive about this important issue, could it?

I think Pierre Gauthier thinks if we don't talk about it the problem will just disappear into the night and no one will ever ask him about it again. It's a gong show here.
I find it funny how fans feel entitled to know every detail or any details about Markov's injury. Maybe they don't want cheap shot artists like Cooke knowing something that could end Markov's career? I really don't know their reasoning but I find it irrelevant, all we need to know is whether or not he's coming back. Thus far they've told us he'd be back but isn't ready yet. He isn't skating so if that isn't a big enough hint soon isn't when he'll be back, I don't know what is. Would it be more obvious he isn't coming back if PG held a weekly presser to state the obvious?

Fans and media act entitled to know details about the injury, truth is they're entitled to know nothing.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
  #83
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I find it funny how fans feel entitled to know every detail or any details about Markov's injury. Maybe they don't want cheap shot artists like Cooke knowing something that could end Markov's career? I really don't know their reasoning but I find it irrelevant, all we need to know is whether or not he's coming back. Thus far they've told us he'd be back but isn't ready yet. He isn't skating so if that isn't a big enough hint soon isn't when he'll be back, I don't know what is. Would it be more obvious he isn't coming back if PG held a weekly presser to state the obvious?

Fans and media act entitled to know details about the injury, truth is they're entitled to know nothing.
No offense but isn't it pretty well documented what Markov's injury is? This isn't a lower body or upper body kinda thing. Well on second thought maybe it is something new and secretive. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:24 AM
  #84
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,062
vCash: 500
personally I dont want him to come back until October. This season is close to being a write off, so why put him through it. Let him get to 100% or as close to it as possible and hope for the best for next year....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:47 AM
  #85
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I think he needs to play this season.

Gionta I'd write off til next year because with him, you know what you are getting.

Markov remains a question mark until he plays. So I want some games out of him. Just so I know if we need to sign or trade for another top 4 dman in july.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
  #86
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
No offense but isn't it pretty well documented what Markov's injury is? This isn't a lower body or upper body kinda thing. Well on second thought maybe it is something new and secretive. LOL
Sure but maybe there's something else they don't want people knowing. For example maybe he had a different kind of problem that is ultimately holding him from coming back and they don't want it to be public knowledge.

I wasn't saying that is the case, the point I was making that it's ultimately not information we're entitled to know. We are fans, let the people who manage teams manage them, if they don't want information on the injury being talked about it's their prerogative. Maybe it's Markov himself who told the Goat he didn't want to have it discussed? It's irrelevant what the reason is, the point is that it's ultimately none of our business. This team is a business like any other and if the guy running the team doesn't want the media and fans to know something it's no different than Apple being protective of one of their devices specs prior to release. I don't see people whining about companies keeping info from us all the time, why it matters with a sports injury so much I'll never understand.

Is knowing the full details of Markov's injury, return etc going to change the outcome? If you know the full juicy details what does it change? Only negatives come with dishing out info on an injured player, the organization has nothing beneficial to gain from letting go of information like that. You think appeasing the fans and media with regard to injury information is their job? It's Andrei Markov's injury, he plays for Montreal, it's their business, we as fans aren't entitled to any information surrounding it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
  #87
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Sure but maybe there's something else they don't want people knowing. For example maybe he had a different kind of problem that is ultimately holding him from coming back and they don't want it to be public knowledge.

I wasn't saying that is the case, the point I was making that it's ultimately not information we're entitled to know. We are fans, let the people who manage teams manage them, if they don't want information on the injury being talked about it's their prerogative. Maybe it's Markov himself who told the Goat he didn't want to have it discussed? It's irrelevant what the reason is, the point is that it's ultimately none of our business. This team is a business like any other and if the guy running the team doesn't want the media and fans to know something it's no different than Apple being protective of one of their devices specs prior to release. I don't see people whining about companies keeping info from us all the time, why it matters with a sports injury so much I'll never understand.

Is knowing the full details of Markov's injury, return etc going to change the outcome? If you know the full juicy details what does it change? Only negatives come with dishing out info on an injured player, the organization has nothing beneficial to gain from letting go of information like that. You think appeasing the fans and media with regard to injury information is their job? It's Andrei Markov's injury, he plays for Montreal, it's their business, we as fans aren't entitled to any information surrounding it.
There is a difference between hiding a new injury or just being wrong about his return. When everyone thought markov was going to play in early december and Gauthier announced that Markov is going into arthroscopic surgery, he gave a time table for his return (for the 4th time this season). He said the rehab will take three weeks. It took someone in the media to find out that Markov will actually be out until after the allstar break, which management eventually confirmed.

The fans and media are entitled to knowing how long the best player of their team is out for. They don't necessarily need to know the injury, but the timetable is important... unfortunately management has be lying about that the whole season for whatever reason.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
  #88
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
I don't get why people get up in arms about Markov. The probability of him ever returning is slim. He has been out over 15 months. Obviously the knee has not responded. Why worry about it. I'm willing to bet he will retire at years end

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
  #89
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I don't get why people get up in arms about Markov. The probability of him ever returning is slim. He has been out over 15 months. Obviously the knee has not responded. Why worry about it. I'm willing to bet he will retire at years end
Because they set aside a solid chunk of their cap on him in the summer and the team has suffered for it.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  #90
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Because they set aside a solid chunk of their cap on him in the summer and the team has suffered for it.
It's called LTIR.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
  #91
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Shoulda re-signed the Wiz.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
  #92
Help
Help Yourself
 
Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HELP HELP HELP
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I don't get why people get up in arms about Markov. The probability of him ever returning is slim. He has been out over 15 months. Obviously the knee has not responded. Why worry about it. I'm willing to bet he will retire at years end
I'm willing to bet he doesn't

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  #93
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
It's called LTIR.
Yes, I know what it is called, but we could have used the space in the summer when it was easier to use.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  #94
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Shoulda re-signed the Wiz.
yah a 5.5 millions for 2 goals 17 pts in 28 games (-18) (3rd worst)

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
  #95
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
If Markov does not play any games this year, the Habs are screwed. They will be in the same holding pattern as this year, thinking will he or wont he play next year. The indecision will cost them a chance to get a player via trade or free agency. Ownership and management will have to make a decision on markov by July 1st. Like I said, my opinion, if he plays no games this year , i believe he will retire.

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
  #96
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
yah a 5.5 millions for 2 goals 17 pts in 28 games (-18) (3rd worst)
As opposed to 5.75 a season and 0 goals 0 assists +/- of 0 and 15 months without playig a game that seems so much better. Not to mention WIZ is playing on arguably the absolute worst team in the NHL.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
  #97
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
As opposed to 5.75 a season and 0 goals 0 assists +/- of 0 and 15 months without playig a game that seems so much better. Not to mention WIZ is playing on arguably the absolute worst team in the NHL.
I guess people prefer that. PK leads us in pts for defenseman with 19, having played almost double the games.

Keeping Wiz would have been a good move, not saying I would have kept him for that contract but I would have tried and we wouldn't have dealt for Kaberle

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
  #98
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 500
a friend of mine who goes to the same doctor as Markov said that the doctor told him Markov is done for hockey.

take it or leave it.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
  #99
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Markov on permanent LTIR is okay I guess although admittedly I'm not well versed in cap space. But if he's a constant threat to "maybe" be back in the lineup all of the time that is the worst case scenario, right? Because management has to worry about whether or not there is enough cap space to allow him back on the roster should that time ever come to reality?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
  #100
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
a friend of mine who goes to the same doctor as Markov said that the doctor told him Markov is done for hockey.

take it or leave it.
So much for Patient confidentiality and the Hippocratic oath

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.