HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone listening to this? re: Burke/Regier

Old
01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Edit... I'm not ignoring Regiers past. I'm just giving him more rope under a new owner. Afterall the owner is giving him limitless rope. Now it's the NHL's cap that's the limit, not an internal cap.
I expect that is Pegula's time frame.

I think Regier and Ruff get this year plus two more.

So, if they aren't A LOT better by the end of 2013-14 and Vanek, Pominville, and Miller are headed to UFA, that is when the TNT might be planted to blow things up.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I think Regier and Ruff get this year plus two more..
I think they should get this year plus 14 more. And if the Sabres are still Cup-less in 2026, Pegula and Black can re-evaluate.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
It sure sounded like an insult when Brian Burke said last month that Darcy Regier is "really unreasonable" while talking trades. The Toronto general manager said Saturday that wasn't case.

Burke has not chatted with Buffalo's GM since saying the two talk different languages about players during trade conversations. The silence shouldn't be interpreted as hard feelings.

"It wasn't a shot at him anyhow," Burke said after the board of governors meeting. "It's just like trying to make a trade with a guy that's speaking Persian and you're speaking English. We made one trade, we made the Dominic Moore trade, so we made one trade. Some guys are trading partners and some guys aren't.

"I could never get on the same page with him as far as what players are worth, which means one of two things: Either he's [messed] up or I'm [messed] up. Or maybe we're both [messed] up."

Burke used a loud profanity rather than "messed," drawing laughs and attention from nearby observers.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle717116.ece

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
ssheeran10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinogretzky View Post
**** Burke. isn't he the same moron who said he'd only trade Schenn for 10 1st rounders? Talk about hypocrisy.
I think that was an exaggeration...

ssheeran10 is offline   Reply With Quote