The All-Star break bro-down [Merged, All ASG Talk Here]

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
ugh man I'm bored.

Work sucks and there's no GDT or anything going on today.

Don't even have the urge to Brofist at all.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

oh and btw, Cold FX is garbage.

I took it the second I felt a little discomfort in my throat and it did absolutely nothing, now I have to go and get real drugs. I should've known when Don Cherry endorsed it.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
ugh man I'm bored.

Sounds like you're just having a tough Monday bro. Don't worry, you'll get back into the swing of things here.

Hey, maybe since we've been off for so long we could post tomorrow's BDT vs. Philly a little early? Or is that bad luck around here?

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Sounds like you're just having a tough Monday bro. Don't worry, you'll get back into the swing of things here.

Hey, maybe since we've been off for so long we could post tomorrow's BDT vs. Philly a little early? Or is that bad luck around here?
I think that one had YWGinYYZ's name on it didn't it.

Haven't seen him around.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
oh and btw, Cold FX is garbage.

I took it the second I felt a little discomfort in my throat and it did absolutely nothing, now I have to go and get real drugs. I should've known when Don Cherry endorsed it.
Bro, Buckleys Complete. Do it. Works great for me. When I feel something coming on, I take it and sometimes it stops the cold in it's tracks. Other times, it makes the cold not so bad to deal with.

What works for this Bro might work for you, Bro. From one Bro to another, I recommend it.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Bro, Buckleys Complete. Do it. Works great for me. When I feel something coming on, I take it and sometimes it stops the cold in it's tracks. Other times, it makes the cold not so bad to deal with.

What works for this Bro might work for you, Bro. From one Bro to another, I recommend it.
If it works for a Bro there's no reason not to try it.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Huffer

Quote:
ugh man I'm bored.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
I think that one had YWGinYYZ's name on it didn't it.

Haven't seen him around.
I'm prepped for tonight. Bro Wars, here we come. I'm a superstitious type, otherwise I'd post it early.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:34 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
ugh man I'm bored.

C'mon: stop feelin' sorry for yourself, and put 'er there!

Old
01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I'm prepped for tonight. Bro Wars, here we come. I'm a superstitious type, otherwise I'd post it early.

Old
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
There is a .gif for every occasion now haha

Old
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
can someone upload a gif for when you want to punch out a co worker ?

Old
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post

Old
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
No need to resort to violence or threats, non-verbal actions work much better. Give him one of these:

Old
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
No need to resort to violence or threats, non-verbal actions work much better. Give him one of these:

Old
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
First time I've ever seen that .gif, that's hilarious.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:12 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I tried to brofist my wife in Skyrim.

It didn't end well.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post

Old
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Aaron Brognon and Spencer Brohachek recalled.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Just a quick question:

Am I the only poster who needed the all star break?

Before the break I was pretty depressed with how January had gone and I was not managing my emotions very well. We watched our great December being wiped out by our January slide and despite some really good team play and solid efforts in losing causes our injuries seemed to catch up to us and we couldn't score. I was really getting bummed out and too emotionally attached to our results based on a set of expectations driven by December. A week on a beach followed by the All star break and I have totally recalibrated my expectations and I am refreshed and ready to go. I know we probably have less than a 20% chance to get to the playoffs but I am now fine with this and am back to looking at this with more of a long term view.

I am not settling or selling out but I just have had a chance to breath and now realize the 25th place team from 2010-11 that has been ravaged with key injuries is in a bit deep right now and it’s not the end of the world. I am looking forward to watching this play out now and seeing us compete night in night out down the stretch.

anyways probably just me that needed a time out

Old
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Just a quick question:

Before the break I was pretty depressed with how January had gone and I was not managing my emotions very well. We watched our great December being wiped out by our January slide and despite some really good team play and solid efforts in losing causes our injuries seemed to catch up to us and we couldn't score. I was really getting bummed out and too emotionally attached to our results based on a set of expectations driven by December. A week on a beach followed by the All star break and I have totally recalibrated my expectations and I am refreshed and ready to go. I know we probably have less than a 20% chance to get to the playoffs but I am now fine with this and am back to looking at this with more of a long term view.

I am not settling or selling out but I just have had a chance to breath and now realize the 25th place team from 2010-11 that has been ravaged with key injuries is in a bit deep right now and it’s not the end of the world. I am looking forward to watching this play out now and seeing us compete night in night out down the stretch.

I think our entire board and the team needed a break, some time to get away from things.

For me, I was actually becoming more adjusted to the fact that this likely will not be a team that makes the playoffs. With each loss in the month of January, it actually became easier on me. A team that cannot form any sort of consistency, identity, and a team who is as poor on the road as we are, is not a playoff team.

Now, if we can respond here after this break and hit the ground running for this second half of the season, then anything it possible. We've shown good, solid glimpses, but we gotta put it all together. However, if we still cannot form a true identity, become consistent in what makes us successful (the basics), and improve our play on the road, we'll be right back to where we were in the month of January as we headed into this break.

And until this team grows a set and becomes more mentally tough, none of the above will happen (identity, consistency, play on the road). Not being able to play with an identity of "sticking to the basics" (which when we do, we're quite successful and look good) and being consistent with it, as well as being a completely opposite looking team on the road in comparison to at home... it's all mental for me. This team is extremely mentally weak.

On top of all of this, our leaders need to step up. When i'm watching a game and the puck has just dropped to start the first period, and our Captain Andrew Ladd is not finishing his checks or using his body in any way, shape or form, we've got a huge problem.

Anyway, I kinda rambled on there, but if this team can somehow, someway sort some of this stuff out after the break here, we'll stand a chance. If we can't, then we'll be seeing a lot of what we were watching in January.

Last edited by Guerzy: 01-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old
01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Aaron Brognon and Spencer Brohachek recalled.
I have been waiting for some time to see what Spencer can bring to the roster. Probably his last chance at the bigs so hopefully he makes good use of it.

What it signals to me is that injuries to Kane and Burmistrov are worse than hoped

Quote:
Just a quick question:

I needed a break too ps241. I was so down after the past 2 weeks, I was teetering on the edge. I sure wish the Jets were playing tonight though. It seemed like too long of a layoff.

01-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
Agreed, the break was much needed, especially since we are fighting an increasing incline at this point.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Just a quick question:

NO HOCKEY MAKES TOM SERVOMS3K...

(asg does not count, chainsaw that event)

GIFSoup

seriously HOCKEY WITHDRAWAL, I CANNOT CHAINSAWING WAIT FOR TOMORROW

Old
01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

no beer and no tv make homer.... something.... something....

go crazy?

dont mind if I do... ahhh eee ahhha eee aaahhh

Closed Thread