HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton's 1st at the Deadline

Old
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
bacardimayne

vCash: 500
Edmonton's 1st at the Deadline

Would we realistically be able to pull off a trade to get a stud defenseman like Weber/Suter with a package centered around our 2012 1st?

bacardimayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil92 View Post
Would we realistically be able to pull off a trade to get a stud defenseman like Weber/Suter with a package centered around our 2012 1st?
No...

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Hulk Hogan*

Can't see the Oilers doing that unless Suter or Weber sign an extension...and I don't see either of those 2 signing an extension with the Oilers

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:53 PM
NoNecksCurse

there is no way for weber...

suter.. maybe if he is dealt

weber for one of the big 3 + 2012 1st +

suter for 2012 1st +

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Stevagol will never give up his preciousss.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Dont Hinder Jinder

Why would they trade their first round pick (lottery pick at this point) for a player who isn't guaranteed to sign an extension? That would be foolish.

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of an available top pairing defenseman (who is under contract for a while) the oilers could potentially target. So, in regards to your question, I'm going to say No, from both sides.

Dont Hinder Jinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:00 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
It makes no sense for either team. A playoff team doesn't trade for picks or prospects.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Alexander Baigle

Edmonton should just draft Yakupov. With RNH, Eberle, Hall, MPS and Yakupov, why would you even need defense?

Would it be possible for Edmonton to trade down to like, Pick #4/#5 and get Murray? What kind of trade would that require? First overall for Fourth overall and 16th overall? Getting Murray and a decent forward at the draft would be great for Edmonton.

Alexander Baigle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Lufa

I'll give ya Schenn and Grabo for it

Lufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil92 View Post
you have a better chance at the draft when its known where the Oilers first will be sitting.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
EdmOil63*

How many times must it be told... Teams in rebuild don't trade picks.

EdmOil63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
teemuselanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
you have a better chance at the draft when its known where the Oilers first will be sitting.
Yea, and they'll have a better idea what the situation is with Weber and Suter after the season, much more realistic at the draft but I don't see either of them signing with Edmonton if they're concerned about Nashville being a contender.

teemuselanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
This will get out of hand fast.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

We'll give you Schneider, Ballard, and Raymond.

Joking... Just Schneider, in the offseason

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
teemuselanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
We'll give you Schneider, Ballard, and Raymond.

Joking... Just Schneider, in the offseason
Those three will indeed be traded for Perry. Just got confirmation from Patrice Brisebois.

teemuselanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Edmonton should just draft Yakupov. With RNH, Eberle, Hall, MPS and Yakupov, why would you even need defense?

Would it be possible for Edmonton to trade down to like, Pick #4/#5 and get Murray? What kind of trade would that require? First overall for Fourth overall and 16th overall? Getting Murray and a decent forward at the draft would be great for Edmonton.
The problem that the oilers will start to run into is all those shiny top draft pics aren't being paid on ELC's any more. If the mindset is to go for one big run or two before you have to start paying all these kids then you have to take BPA at the draft. Another possibility is to trade down a few spots and pick up an established player where you are weak but not have another game breaker you'll have to pay.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
EdmOil63*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
The problem that the oilers will start to run into is all those shiny top draft pics aren't being paid on ELC's any more. If the mindset is to go for one big run or two before you have to start paying all these kids then you have to take BPA at the draft. Another possibility is to trade down a few spots and pick up an established player where you are weak but not have another game breaker you'll have to pay.
There not all going to be worth 8 million.

EdmOil63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:

That would be fill a huge need, but I fear that we might be missing out on a generational player like Yakupov. It could be a great trade depending on how players pan out.

It could be...

One of Bogosian, Myers, or Schenn plus
One of Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa
versus Stamkos

One of Ellerby, Alzner plus
One of Shattenkirk, Plante
versus P Kane

A trade like that could have massive implications based upon how the players involved turn out.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

suter for 2012 1st +
One year of Weber will not get you Hall/RNH/Eberle + Yakupov/Grigorenko

A UFA will not get you 1st/2nd overall either. Chris Pronger(2005) was better than both of these guys and he didn't fetch this type of return with a "sign and trade

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post

A UFA will not get you 1st/2nd overall either. Chris Pronger(2005) was better than both of these guys and he didn't fetch this type of return with a "sign and trade
lol .....

I get so tired of these responses. just give us your scraps .. MPS + 2nd ... give up to get..

or how about this. QUIT STARTING THREADS THAT INVOLVE TRADING FOR WEBER OR SUTER. it wont happen and if it does its overpayment.. so if you dont want to overpay for the best defensive pair in the game, then gtfo

Old
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmOil63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
That would be fill a huge need, but I fear that we might be missing out on a generational player like Yakupov. It could be a great trade depending on how players pan out.

It could be...

One of Bogosian, Myers, or Schenn plus
One of Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa
versus Stamkos

One of Ellerby, Alzner plus
One of Shattenkirk, Plante
versus P Kane

A trade like that could have massive implications based upon how the players involved turn out.
If Edmonton does get the first overall pick, I feel like Yakupov would be the best choice. If they're all worth 8 million dollars when they become RFAs, one of them can be traded for whatever the team, at that point, needs. And they will be worth a hell of a lot by that point. Or they can work out a way to fit all of these players on the roster.

Alexander Baigle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

suter for 2012 1st +
Quote:

Quote:
lol .....

I get so tired of these responses. just give us your scraps .. MPS + 2nd ... give up to get..

or how about this. QUIT STARTING THREADS THAT INVOLVE TRADING FOR WEBER OR SUTER. it wont happen and if it does its overpayment.. so if you dont want to overpay for the best defensive pair in the game, then gtfo
Actually, I didn't offer nor mention MPS + 2nd. I provided an example of what a trade for a RFA HoF defenseman in his prime has been.
So GTF back to your cave

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Actually, I didn't offer nor mention MPS + 2nd. I provided an example of what a trade for a RFA HoF defenseman in his prime has been.
So GTF back to your cave
never said you mentioned that offer... but if the big 3 aren't in play nor is the 1st round pick .. what is left to trade for weber? MPS, 2nd, hemsky, sutton ? my point its going to take alot to get them . if you want to propose a trade for them, dont go in saying "player A isn't on the table, pick 1 isn't on the table" etc...

Old
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Seachd

Quote:
never said you mentioned that offer... but if the big 3 aren't in play nor is the 1st round pick .. what is left to trade for weber? MPS, 2nd, hemsky, sutton ? my point its going to take alot to get them . if you want to propose a trade for them, dont go in saying "player A isn't on the table, pick 1 isn't on the table" etc...
Very interested to see what happens with those two. Obviously, a team isn't going to give up the equivalent of 2 top 3 picks for Weber, so I'll be curious to see the price, if he moves, and if it comes with a new contract.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmOil63 View Post
Maybe not. But you have enough of them that it could still get expensive to pay them all. A lot of good and bad things can happen between now then however.

Quote:
If Edmonton does get the first overall pick, I feel like Yakupov would be the best choice. If they're all worth 8 million dollars when they become RFAs, one of them can be traded for whatever the team, at that point, needs. And they will be worth a hell of a lot by that point. Or they can work out a way to fit all of these players on the roster.
Typically I agree with the BPA philosophy. I was only pointing out that the more top 5 picks you get the more expensive it's gonna get.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote