HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff & 12-13 media coverage

Old
01-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Stepan2Gaborik

vCash: 500
Playoff & 12-13 media coverage

With the rangers having one of their best regular seasons in history, can we expect more attention from local media during the playoffs? Also, would winning the Stanley Cup mean more coverage next year?

Stepan2Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm sure if they can win a couple rounds in the playoffs, media will be talking. I mean, what other NY sports team would there be to talk about? The Knicks will either miss the playoffs, or get swept. It's not baseball or football season. That means it's RANGERS SEASON!

And I'm sure that every Cup- Winning team was talked about plenty in their respective cities.
Let's Go Rangers!

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:56 PM
92hatchattack

Actually that is baseball season and the Yankees will still get all the attention.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Actually that is baseball season and the Yankees will still get all the attention.
It'll be spring training for a chunk of it. The media would be stupid to be talking about regular season of any sport more than the playoffs, especially if we get to the ECF's

Old
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
RangerFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I'm sure if they can win a couple rounds in the playoffs, media will be talking. I mean, what other NY sports team would there be to talk about? The Knicks will either miss the playoffs, or get swept. It's not baseball or football season. That means it's RANGERS SEASON!

And I'm sure that every Cup- Winning team was talked about plenty in their respective cities.
Let's Go Rangers!
Jut because it isn't Baseball or Football season doesn't mean anything. Besides when the playoffs come, it WILL be Baseball season. Heck, Pitchers and Catchers report in under 3 weeks. Unless we make the cup I don't expect to see anymore then a daily article or if we're lucky 2 in the papers. And even if we do make the cup, I wouldn't expect to see that much more coverage, it is New York afterall. The Baseball capital of the world!

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:02 PM
NickyMaz

I think a successful NYR team is good for the NHL because they are right there in the biggest media market in the nation and the center of all media in the world. Every media outlet worth it's salt has a presence in NYC, and an NYR team making it to playoffs will only do good things for the team and the league as a whole.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poozer

At least the Knicks still suck, so perhaps that will aid Rangers coverage down the stretch/playoffs.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan09 View Post
Jut because it isn't Baseball or Football season doesn't mean anything. Besides when the playoffs come, it WILL be Baseball season. Heck, Pitchers and Catchers report in under 3 weeks. Unless we make the cup I don't expect to see anymore then a daily article or if we're lucky 2 in the papers. And even if we do make the cup, I wouldn't expect to see that much more coverage, it is New York afterall. The Baseball capital of the world!
Well that's annoying.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
It'll be spring training for a chunk of it. The media would be stupid to be talking about regular season of any sport more than the playoffs, especially if we get to the ECF's
They talk about it because sadly, people in this town care more about a steroid-infested, boring-ass sport than hockey.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

it will never add up to to frenzy of 94.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:10 PM
RangerFan09

Quote:
While I agree playoffs>regular season, IMO, more Baseball fans in the area then Hockey fans, so more baseball news will sell more newspapers then more hockey info. Which is a bummer. But then again, I go online for all my sports articles anyway.

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
They talk about it because sadly, people in this town care more about a steroid-infested, boring-ass sport than hockey.
It's so boring! I don't understand how you can sit there and watch it.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:19 PM
ThirdEye

I never understood why the hell people care about this. I enjoy the sport and I don't give a rats ass how many other people watch it. Why would you?

And no, hockey will never, ever rival football or baseball in NY. Even if we win 4 Stanley Cups in a row it won't even come close. This is a football and baseball city... end of story. Accept it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan2Gaborik View Post
would winning the Stanley Cup mean more coverage next year?

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Yes, because heaven forbid anyone watches anything other than hockey. It's kind of funny, and sad because both baseball and hockey fans ****-talk the other sport, and yet they're the same breed of elitist, head-up-the-butt type. I love the team, but they've done jack **** in the last decade+ to deserve any form of coverage over any team not named the Knicks.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
NickyMaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I never understood why the hell people care about this. I enjoy the sport and I don't give a rats ass how many other people watch it. Why would you?

And no, hockey will never, ever rival football or baseball in NY. Even if we win 4 Stanley Cups in a row it won't even come close. This is a football and baseball city... end of story. Accept it
I for one want to see hockey and the NHL gain popularity. If we all had this attitude the sport would just slowly die out.

Yeah, hockey is behind the other sports but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to promote and grow the sport.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I watch baseball occasionally, but it just boggles my mind that people care about it as much as they do (at least in NY anyway). Turn on the radio in the middle of December and you're bound to hear something about the Yankees or Mets pitching rotation or some garbage.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
it will never add up to to frenzy of 94.

I have to disagree. I think if this team goes all the way and wins the Cup it will be on par with 1994. A large amount of the fans today were very young in 1994. I think the Rangers have the personalities to make a Stanley Cup Win just as special to the City as it was 18 Springs ago.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

18 years may not be nearly as long as 54, but it's still a really long time.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Yes it will. For those who have never been through a playoff run in New York, the media attention ramps up each round of the playoffs. New York loves a winner. Heck, in 1994, Francesa was doing his show live from The Garden before each home game. You will be amazed at how big it gets. I hope you all get to see it...this year.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan2Gaborik View Post
Also, would winning the Stanley Cup mean more coverage next year?
The only thing that is going to happen if the Rangers win the cup is the ticket prices going up for us real fans.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
Yes, because heaven forbid anyone watches anything other than hockey. It's kind of funny, and sad because both baseball and hockey fans ****-talk the other sport, and yet they're the same breed of elitist, head-up-the-butt type. I love the team, but they've done jack **** in the last decade+ to deserve any form of coverage over any team not named the Knicks.
And what have say the Mets done since 1986 to warrant the coverage they get? And where did I say people shouldn't watch baseball? I'm a baseball fan to a degree, but in my opinion I can't understand why people enjoy it more than hockey. And I think WAY more people "talk ****" about hockey and hockey fans than people do about baseball for the record.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:33 PM
vbman09

We have to come to grip that Baseball and Football take priority over Hockey. Baseball fans are counting down the hours till pitchers and catchers. I stopped listening to Fatesca and Michael the Yankee lover Kay a long time ago and now listen to Sirius radio. I get what I want and not have to hear about the Yankees or Mets 365 a year. That being said the further we go into the playoffs the more coverage we get. Just understand that If A rod gets caught going into some strip club or if C. C. comes to camp 20lbs lighter, the papers and radio Medium will cover that story over a Ranger second round sweep of whatever team they play.

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote