HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs vs leafs

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 03:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Dogs vs leafs

Dogs are playing against the leafs tonight.

Dagenais Gratton Balej
Dwyer Plekanec Perezhogin
Somuveri Higgins Ovalstad
Blouin ? Ferland

Beauchemin Komo
Dykhuis Traverse
Cote Plante

Fichaud

0-0 so far, Dogs just got off a PP. Perzhogin almost had one.

Old
11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Another PP for Hamilton , look like they are dominating the 3 zones tonight ....

Dwyer just crushed Hedin.

2-0 Dogs

Period 2
Hamilton - Jonathan Ferland (Sylvain Blouin, Benoit Gratton) 3:37
Hamilton - Pierre Dagenais (powerplay) (Chris Higgins, Benoit Gratton) 6:11

Old
11-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

goalll

Plekanec with a beauty ... OH MY GODNESS says the commentator

assist to Dhykuis .

who let the dogs out ?

Old
11-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Another Goal !!!!

Dagenais from Komisarek and Balej .

4-1 Dogs .

This game is great , even on radio :p

Period 2
Hamilton - Tomas Plekanec (Karl Dykhuis) 10:26
St. Johns - Harold Druken (Clarke Wilm, Kyle Wellwood) 13:22
Hamilton - Pierre Dagenais (Mike Komisarek, Jozef Balej) 15:13

Old
11-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Everytime Balej is on the ice the dogs seem to have a chance , just got got a 2 on 0 but the goalie did the save .

Hope he keep it up .

Old
11-07-2003, 05:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'm surprised they broke up the Plekanec Balej duo, they seem to play well together. Looks like it's goin ok so far, with both getting a point so far.

Also for the Rocket, Lapierre is having a good night with 2 pts so 1+1

Old
11-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Baby leafs start the 3rd with force

St. Johns - Ben Ondrus (Kris Newbury, Aaron Gavey) 2:10
St. Johns - Mike Brown (Jeff Daw) 6:31

4-3 Dogs

Old
11-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

They just said it was the smallest crowd in 8 years in Hamilton .

Old
11-07-2003, 05:51 PM
penopekoo

Dagenais scores in overtime with 14 seconds left!

He gets the hat trick!

Hooray!

Edit: It's his fifth goal in three games.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Dagenais get that trick & GWG from Beauchemin and Plekanec on the power play .

Old
11-07-2003, 08:04 PM
habitants9_4

I was there

I was there, and it was a very exciting game...
I was also surprised that they broke the Balej and Plekanec line up, but I do know one thing for sure. Jarvis is big on Perezhogin's wrist shot, and wants him to be the teams finisher. I think Plekanec and Perezhogin will be a great dual for the future. Pleks will make the fancy play, and get him the puck, something Svitov never did too well, as he was a finisher too.

The lines were this:
Olvestad Higgins Suomervuori
Dagenais Gratton Balej
Dwyer Plekanec Perezhogin
Blouin Higs/Grat Ferland
Beauchemin Komisarek
Dykhuis Traverse
Plante Cote
Fichaud

Higgins: He had the puck a lot, and skated with it very well. He has good control on the play, especially tonight, he seemed in control of things. His line has a struggling Suomervuori, and the speedy Olvestad. He plays well with them, and if either ES or JO get going that will help him a lot. He was on for Ferland's goal too. He is on PK and PP. Had a very good game.

Dagenais: Big soft guy, who is pretty much a finisher. He plays well on Gratton and Balej's wing....Look at the results.

Gratton: He is a very good diver..lol..He is good at the AHL level. I think he and Balej will combine for many goals. They make things happen together.

Balej:WOW! Compared to last year, this guy is WAYNE GRETZKY!!! He is improving EVERY game. This swith of lines will help him. Gratton is a good digging type of guy. Balej likes to carry the puck up the wing and shoot. He is very fast, and I seriously would consider him to be a future star.

Dwyer: He is doing his job, and playing his role well. Getting in your face. This new line above is really nice.

Plekanec: He is a great playmaker, and plays a good defensive game. All the while he can skate very well, and has a great hockey sense. He is going to be better than Ribeiro.

Perezhogin: He was a little bit lazy tonight, but still did well. Great shot, and possesses a fair amount of speed. He didn't seem as into it, as other nights, perhaps the loss of his fellow friend Svitov hurt him, as now I don't think there is anyone who he can speak Russian with. That is at least my speculation.

Komisarek: Great in 2nd period! He has a fairly good slap shot in him, just needs to get some accuracy. Wrist shot is good. He didn't nail anyone, which was dissapointing.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:33 PM
goalchenyuk

thanks a lot habitant9-4

isn't curious that Jarvis played Dwyer with perez and plek ?i am not sure that he can follow the two others ...

what do you think about that ?

if they need someone stronger why don't he play Fernand with them and let dwyer on the goon line ?

Old
11-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Maithz

vCash:
do you know the stats of chris higgins ?

Old
11-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

46 Higgins, Chris C 5 2 2 4 +0 16shots 1GWG

Old
11-08-2003, 07:09 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Thanks for the in depth look at the players, habitants9_4.
I'ts nice to see that this new Hamilton team still has the ability to score goals, and lots of them.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:23 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
thanks a lot habitant9-4

isn't curious that Jarvis played Dwyer with perez and plek ?i am not sure that he can follow the two others ...

what do you think about that ?

if they need someone stronger why don't he play Fernand with them and let dwyer on the goon line ?
Ferland is a good prospect, but he isn't neer the same calibre as Dwyer. Dwyer has been a pleasant surprise. He can really play! I know for a fact someone is really big on Perezhogin, and his wrist shot. When the Dogs were losing, I noticed they had him play the point when they pulled the goalie. The 6 guys were Komisarek, Perezhogin, Dagenais, Higgins, Balej and Gratton.

Plekanec is one of the best players on the team, I persoanlly think, that from what I've seen he's the best playmaker, and better than Higgins at this point. But not better than Gratton when he is out there.

Plekanec, Perezhogin and Dwyer is a very solid line, the only thing I would do is consider moving Olvestad with them to add speed and offense. Here is what my lines would look like if I could:

Olvestad Plekanec Perezhogin
Dagenais Gratton Balej
Suomervuori Higgins Ferland
Dwyer Charpentier Blouin
Beauchemin Traverse
Dykhuis Komisarek
Cote Archer
Fichaud
Damphousse

Old
11-08-2003, 02:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Ferland is a good prospect, but he isn't neer the same calibre as Dwyer. Dwyer has been a pleasant surprise. He can really play! I know for a fact someone is really big on Perezhogin, and his wrist shot. When the Dogs were losing, I noticed they had him play the point when they pulled the goalie. The 6 guys were Komisarek, Perezhogin, Dagenais, Higgins, Balej and Gratton.

Plekanec is one of the best players on the team, I persoanlly think, that from what I've seen he's the best playmaker, and better than Higgins at this point. But not better than Gratton when he is out there.

Plekanec, Perezhogin and Dwyer is a very solid line, the only thing I would do is consider moving Olvestad with them to add speed and offense. Here is what my lines would look like if I could:

Olvestad Plekanec Perezhogin
Dagenais Gratton Balej
Suomervuori Higgins Ferland
Dwyer Charpentier Blouin
Beauchemin Traverse
Dykhuis Komisarek
Cote Archer
Fichaud
Damphousse

I wouldn't say that Dwyer is better. Dwyer is a vet that understands the game, but he has very limited skills. He hits and hits often, but if he has the puck he doesn't know what to do with it. Ferland is a rookie that will need time to find his confidence and game. I like what I saw from Ferland last week, but Dwyer you know what your getting a good hitter with no hands.

Perezhogin I think he has a ton of skill, and is dangerous when in the offensive zone, but he didn't always backcheck hard (heard Jarvis yelling at him to get back, as I was the seat right behind Jarvis) and he seems to avoid being hit at times, IMO. But when your down a goal, Perezhogin, Balej are gunners that can get one.

Dagenais I wasn't too impressed with. He's big and has a nice shot, but he seems to disappear on the ice for long streches, and although he does throw a good check here or there, he's not that physical. (I did watch him spear former Hab Matt Carkner, who then speared him back and got called for it while Dagenais got no penalty, Carkner was pissed!)

I thought Traverse was one of the worst guys on the team. He was getting outmatched physically and that's a damn joke. He just isn't very good. Dykhuis plays good, but still makes too many mistakes for a guy that was once the Habs +/- leader with a +16.

I hope Archer comes back soon, but there isn't much room for him. I liked what I have seen from the rookie Cote, who seems to play physical and has good strength/balance.

I also hope to see more of Milroy, whop hopefully is hitting the weights hard, cause he'll need to find ways to make room for himself out there and along the boards. He's got a wicked shot, but there isn't enough roster spots.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:14 PM
habitants9_4

Dwyer is better now, I totally agree with you on the fact that Ferland needs confidence. Dwyer you know what your going to get every night, a digger, who hits, fights. But has little offensive abilities.

Dwyer just seems more complete/ready for that type of ice time, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing Ferland with more ice-time.

Cote has been solid, and had a lot more ice-time this weekend, than ever before.

Last weekend was dissapointing for a few guys, but I think the fatigue level kicked in.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:29 PM
penopekoo

Today's game vs. the Grand Rapids Griffins was a tie, 2-2

Blouin and Balej both had goals. Gratton, Dagenais, Somervuori, and Beauchemin all had assists.

Dagenais had 5 shots on net and Balej had 7 (!!!)

Damphousse had 27 saves on 29 shots. They had 7 minor penalties in the game.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Balej has now earned at least a point in ten of the Bulldogs thirteen contests this season

sweet :p

Old
11-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
46 Higgins, Chris C 5 2 2 4 +0 16shots 1GWG
thx , do you know if the stats are available on bulldogs site ?

Old
11-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

http://www.theahl.com/

go to statistics / Hamilton

http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0304/hamilton.html

Old
11-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I hope Archer comes back soon, but there isn't much room for him. I liked what I have seen from the rookie Cote, who seems to play physical and has good strength/balance.

Cote, at +5, is the the top +/- player on the team by two. That's way ahead of the top two pairing, Komisarek and Beachemin, who are -1 each.

Old
11-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Bauchemin & Komisarek are among the key players at D for the Dogs . Cote has a good +/- because he don't play in cruch time and don't see a lot of ice time .

Old
11-09-2003, 08:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Bauchemin & Komisarek are among the key players at D for the Dogs . Cote has a good +/- because he don't play in cruch time and don't see a lot of ice time .

I've been to a few games and there's more to it then that. Beauchemin is not having a good season so far. He's played well, but not at the level he played last year. To me he wasn't physical enough and the Komo Beauchy pairing has been shaky at times.

Cote on the other hand doesn't get much ice time as you say, but he plays well. Although he does make some rookie mistakes for sure, I like that he seems strong physically. He throws the body, but he can also take a good hit as well. I am impressed by him and hope that Savard keeps an eye on him for the future.

Closed Thread