HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

OT: 45th Obsequious Banter Thread - Jody Shelley is truly a Superstar..

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Boats are the most fun damned things out there. Jetskis too...going 70 on water is a blast
Haha I was never a huge fan of Jet Skis but Love boats. Although going 70 on the water sounds good this boat cruises at 26 mph. Smooth ride and great fishing boat. Like I said before, can not wait to take her out and catch some husky tuna and hopefully large large amounts of strippers. Everyone will eat good for a week!

Old
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
BernieParent

I am so grateful that SportsNet is showing The Longest Yard; original version starring Burt Reynolds.

"Let Podansky through. Nobody touch him."

Old
01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Haha I was never a huge fan of Jet Skis but Love boats. Although going 70 on the water sounds good this boat cruises at 26 mph. Smooth ride and great fishing boat. Like I said before, can not wait to take her out and catch some husky tuna and hopefully large large amounts of strippers. Everyone will eat good for a week!
I'm not a fan of boats you really can't fish from either. Though technically you could fish from a speed boat or jet ski, not really recommended. I just dink around the back bays of Sea Isle in a little deepV with a 20hp, clam and crab from it too

Old
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50
Just bought a PS3 (first gaming console since my Nintendo of my youth) Sweet Jesus is this thing awesome! Blu-Rays look great, upscaled DVD's have been brought back from the dead (huge collection) Streaming all media from my home network and was instantly connected to my home theater set-up!

Goin' to pick up some hunting, baseball and hockey games tonight. One knock would be that Gamecenter is not as crisp as when I run it through my wife's tablet via hdmi. Hopefully a day of playing around with the settings fixes that.

Very cool machine.

Old
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I'm not a fan of boats you really can't fish from either. Though technically you could fish from a speed boat or jet ski, not really recommended. I just dink around the back bays of Sea Isle in a little deepV with a 20hp, clam and crab from it too
Yea, I don't ever go out on the seas without the intention of fishing. never actually was on a speedboat. Just fishing boats from my days when I was younger with my dad and family til now. I have to go get certified by the coast guard to ride the boat though. Should be interesting to say the least. I heard it's like an 8 hour test. Late February the boat will hit the water though and I'll be taking her to her rightful new home in cape may. Awesome place to fish too, with the bay and ocean literally 15 minutes from where the marina is

Old
01-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Just bought a PS3 (first gaming console since my Nintendo of my youth) Sweet Jesus is this thing awesome! Blu-Rays look great, upscaled DVD's have been brought back from the dead (huge collection) Streaming all media from my home network and was instantly connected to my home theater set-up!

Goin' to pick up some hunting, baseball and hockey games tonight. One knock would be that Gamecenter is not as crisp as when I run it through my wife's tablet via hdmi. Hopefully a day of playing around with the settings fixes that.

Very cool machine.
I'm a big fan of it. The home network streaming is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yea, I don't ever go out on the seas without the intention of fishing. never actually was on a speedboat. Just fishing boats from my days when I was younger with my dad and family til now. I have to go get certified by the coast guard to ride the boat though. Should be interesting to say the least. I heard it's like an 8 hour test. Late February the boat will hit the water though and I'll be taking her to her rightful new home in cape may. Awesome place to fish too, with the bay and ocean literally 15 minutes from where the marina is
Last summer I went to my friend's lake house. His dad has a few boats, and we had taken the speedboat out for wakeboarding. One of our friends was wasted as hell, and tagged along with his fishing gear. He insisted on fishing. I was laughing my ass off at the sight of him trying to catch fish while the boat was cruising along at speed, I wish I had brought my camera or phone.

01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
kicksave27

The NJ boater safety course isn't that bad, it's one day. A majority of the questions really relate to jet skiis, too many idiots killed themselves on those things i guess. The only sucky thing is that there isn't any reciprocity from state to state, PA won't accept NJ's. So make sure you take a NJ one though, the power one out of philly won't count. And they also have that NJ saltwater license, that is free, but need to re-up every year. I also think it coast guard does boat inspections as well, to make sure you have the right safety gear.

Old
01-29-2012, 03:52 AM
TheLegendkiller

Hey guys....just wanted to get this off my chest but I don't really know who to talk to. Tonight was just a bad night for me. I really embarrassed myself infront of my graduate school cohort. I got kicked out thhe bar for losing my temper cause some girl i liked was being a ***** to me and then got with some other dude, So things look terrible for me now. But i know i'll feel a ittle better tomorrow and then the next day. But I just had to unburden myself for tnight and type about it or talk about it whatever. Its just one of those things. I feel ****** about how I looked in front of them tonight but when ur drunk its usually not as bad as you believe. So I'm riding on that right now. I don't it just sucked to see that go on right in front of my face, but hey lessoned learn about some type of girls right? Kinda sucs cause i was really really cool with that girl and it'll be completely shot to **** by monday. And I still hve to do homework by tomorrow lol. But yeah...I need to relax and focus to fix myself tonight. dissappointment sucks but then again this year hasn't been great to me. Anyway...sorry for making this huge ass post for really no reason so you can listen to my stupidobelms. I know I'm drunk but i don't like showing people my emotional side at all so I don't know who to talk to about things when I need to. Its not really good to hold so much inside. But anyway thanks for listening.

Old
01-29-2012, 03:55 AM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Watching Mystery, Alaska for the first time in forever right now

Old
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Hey guys....just wanted to get this off my chest but I don't really know who to talk to. Tonight was just a bad night for me. I really embarrassed myself infront of my graduate school cohort. I got kicked out thhe bar for losing my temper cause some girl i liked was being a ***** to me and then got with some other dude, So things look terrible for me now. But i know i'll feel a ittle better tomorrow and then the next day. But I just had to unburden myself for tnight and type about it or talk about it whatever. Its just one of those things. I feel ****** about how I looked in front of them tonight but when ur drunk its usually not as bad as you believe. So I'm riding on that right now. I don't it just sucked to see that go on right in front of my face, but hey lessoned learn about some type of girls right? Kinda sucs cause i was really really cool with that girl and it'll be completely shot to **** by monday. And I still hve to do homework by tomorrow lol. But yeah...I need to relax and focus to fix myself tonight. dissappointment sucks but then again this year hasn't been great to me. Anyway...sorry for making this huge ass post for really no reason so you can listen to my stupidobelms. I know I'm drunk but i don't like showing people my emotional side at all so I don't know who to talk to about things when I need to. Its not really good to hold so much inside. But anyway thanks for listening.
Not to make things worse, but in my experience it's usually worse. at any rate, there's really only one course of action I see. Go full *******. You went half ******* in the bar, and are feeling regret right now. Nobody respects the half *******, they just think he's an *******. But when you go full ******* and show no remorse, something weird happens. People have an odd respect for the full blown a-hole that just owns what he is.

Long story short, now you have to bang her sister/best friend/mother. Only way out of this. Sorry.

Old
01-29-2012, 01:16 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Not to make things worse, but in my experience it's usually worse. at any rate, there's really only one course of action I see. Go full *******. You went half ******* in the bar, and are feeling regret right now. Nobody respects the half *******, they just think he's an *******. But when you go full ******* and show no remorse, something weird happens. People have an odd respect for the full blown a-hole that just owns what he is.

Long story short, now you have to bang her sister/best friend/mother. Only way out of this. Sorry.

Haha you're probably right. Now I basically have to have that ****in convo of why I was mad last night. Great times. Now I ****in gotta put my foot down and not take that ********.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:27 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post

all three at once. do it

Old
01-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Prongo
Beer

whoa what is going on in this thread lol tons and tons and curse words and im am so drunk!! My employment party was tonight but it was at a bar. I meet a young ladie of the name Annie who was gorgeous and we danced and the best yet her favorite band is freaking queen. We will see her next week boys!!

Legend Killer what ever your problem is, **** it man... like everyone else said just go all the way with that ****!!'

Yeaaaa boyyyy........ ****ing right. Beer is so good to us!

Old
01-30-2012, 12:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I love when craigslist actually works out. When people say "or best offer" they often won't accept much less than the asking price and will not even counter a low offer. Just bought an entire living room set for $300. Aww yea.

Old
01-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I love when craigslist actually works out. When people say "or best offer" they often won't accept much less than the asking price and will not even counter a low offer. Just bought an entire living room set for $300. Aww yea.
I don't use Craigslist much, at least for items that I'll come in contact with often. I remember my buddy selling an old extra bed through it. He listed it as something like: "Extra mattress & box spring for $XX OBO. Still firm, no stains/smells/etc. Relatively new. Buyer picks up... etc."

He failed to mention in the listing that his grandfather died in his sleep on it.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:39 AM
Krishna

I hate my life.

Last 3 years i have had Meningitis around this same time..
Now, i wake up last week with a rash on my body.. Go to the doctors.. I have shingles

Tune in next year when i get polio or smallpox

Old
01-31-2012, 06:25 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I don't use Craigslist much, at least for items that I'll come in contact with often. I remember my buddy selling an old extra bed through it. He listed it as something like: "Extra mattress & box spring for $XX OBO. Still firm, no stains/smells/etc. Relatively new. Buyer picks up... etc."

He failed to mention in the listing that his grandfather died in his sleep on it.
Haha. Yeah there is a ton of crap on there that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I would never buy a used mattress unless I knew the person that was selling it. Although I assume living in college dorms for three years isn't much better than buying a used mattress. Haha.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Pelle Lindbergh's mother passed away. R.I.P.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Nizzle
Dr. Philadelphia

I'll spend next three days outside in the middle of nowhere. I'll sleep in a tent and there's -30C (-22 fahrenheits) outside. Being in the army is great!

Old
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
JVR21
G

****ing weak call.

Old
02-06-2012, 10:17 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Does anyone know a good exotic pet vet in Philly area?

02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Now I've gotta ask what pet you have

Old
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Pelle Lindbergh's mother passed away. R.I.P.
Don't remember, but is his father also gone?

Old
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Now I've gotta ask what pet you have

Old
02-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator