HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton's 1st at the Deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2012, 07:00 PM
  #51
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Here you actually implied that it would take more than Hall/Eberle/RNH EDM 1st and something else



Notice the trend here? Former 1st overall + Edmontons 1st(which will be 2nd but easily could be first after Edmonton trades any UFA of value at the deadline)
Even Suters rights for a lottery pick is mental
stamkos, tavares, kane, etc are way more valuable imo than hall, rnh .. no one said 2 of kane, tavares, stamkos, giroux...

it was simply one of the big 3 + 2012 1st for weber .. ask the masses on that deal. thats what it will take to get weber out of NSH by trade. anything but weber signed long term is an epic fail

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
  #52
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 500
One thing to add in here that people are overlooking. Shea Weber is a pending RFA, not UFA. He isn't a rental unless you are getting 4 1st round picks in return, or you trade him.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
  #53
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
One thing to add in here that people are overlooking. Shea Weber is a pending RFA, not UFA. He isn't a rental unless you are getting 4 1st round picks in return, or you trade him.
oh thank you... forgot to add as you said an offer sheet to weber would equal 4 1st round picks.. hmm that doesn't make hall/eberle/rnh + 2012 1st look so bad.. bottomline, if you want weber be prepared to unload assests and lots of them

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
  #54
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
AGAIN, I'm not talking just value.. I'm talking what would it take to get them out of NSH. anything but signing weber/suter would be a huge step back not only on the ice but it would send an awful message to the NHL that NSH can't keep their drafted stud players
They can't keep them if they don't want to sign longterm.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
  #55
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
LOL please ... find one post of such.
This is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read here.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
  #56
I3ig13ig
Registered User
 
I3ig13ig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
lol .....

I get so tired of these responses. just give us your scraps .. MPS + 2nd ... give up to get..

or how about this. QUIT STARTING THREADS THAT INVOLVE TRADING FOR WEBER OR SUTER. it wont happen and if it does its overpayment.. so if you dont want to overpay for the best defensive pair in the game, then gtfo


I've never seen someone get so ******** over an internet forum. Relax buddy haha. You reply as if one of us have the power to make trades for your GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
stamkos, tavares, kane, etc are way more valuable imo than hall, rnh .. no one said 2 of kane, tavares, stamkos, giroux...

it was simply one of the big 3 + 2012 1st for weber .. ask the masses on that deal. thats what it will take to get weber out of NSH by trade. anything but weber signed long term is an epic fail
Thats a pretty bold statement to be saying for a 1st overall in his sophmore season and the other in his rookie with both almost at a PPG on one of the worst teams in the league.

Come 3 or 4 years, you really think you'll still be able to make that same statement with as much confidence? I dont think so. No one can. But writing them below players with 3+ seasons of NHL experience over them is totally ridiculous at this point and very unfair to both.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  #57
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
yeah rnh sucks, he wasnt even on pace for 100 points as a rookie, i dont know how anyone could compare him to stamkos, kane, or tavares.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:42 PM
  #58
Auger
Registered User
 
Auger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Come 3 or 4 years, you really think you'll still be able to make that same statement with as much confidence? I dont think so. No one can. But writing them below players with 3+ seasons of NHL experience over them is totally ridiculous at this point and very unfair to both.
Don't be silly, Stamkos and Tavares trump Hall and RNH in value. As a GM you'd have to make that trade if they offered Stamkos for RNH. Take off the glasses

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
  #59
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Don't be silly, Stamkos and Tavares trump Hall and RNH in value. As a GM you'd have to make that trade if they offered Stamkos for RNH. Take off the glasses
Actually RNH is tracking ahead of both those players and Hall is tracking in the range. They both have immesuarable value. I think Hopkins could be the best player taken since Crosby, and so do others like Gretzky.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:53 PM
  #60
Q Continuum
You are Wrong
 
Q Continuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Just wait until the draft and trade down to draft Murray or Dumba.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
  #61
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 50
If Subban was coming back the other way I think I would be down for it. Then use our 2nd to get his brother for a goalie down the road.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:15 PM
  #62
the word*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: rearranging atoms
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
lol .....

I get so tired of these responses. just give us your scraps .. MPS + 2nd ... give up to get..

or how about this. QUIT STARTING THREADS THAT INVOLVE TRADING FOR WEBER OR SUTER. it wont happen and if it does its overpayment.. so if you dont want to overpay for the best defensive pair in the game, then gtfo
A very likely scenario has Weber and Suter both gone within 2 years. Suter has all the bargaining power this trade deadline and dictates everything, Weber the year after. How can you not see this?

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:19 PM
  #63
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Don't be silly, Stamkos and Tavares trump Hall and RNH in value. As a GM you'd have to make that trade if they offered Stamkos for RNH. Take off the glasses
Stamkos, sure. But Tavares does not trump Hall ,and RNH

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
  #64
Nazem To Kessel
Registered User
 
Nazem To Kessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil92 View Post
Would we realistically be able to pull off a trade to get a stud defenseman like Weber/Suter with a package centered around our 2012 1st?
wait till draft day even higher value so they know your spot for sure in the draft rises the chances alot expect to add sutton though :s


Nashville:

Weber/Suter

Conditional 1st round if Suter/Weber dont sign

Edmonton:

Sutton/Hemsky

1st round 2012

maybe +




not at all saying the deal will get done like this just the baselines it could be a deal and i said could for all you trolls but you would have to add a 2nd and another piece

Nazem To Kessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
  #65
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
What about Bogossian and a 2nd?
I think that it would be best once the draft lottery has happened.
As a Kings fan I would give JJ and Bernier. Or maybe Voynov, bernier, and our 1st.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:47 AM
  #66
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Don't be silly, Stamkos and Tavares trump Hall and RNH in value. As a GM you'd have to make that trade if they offered Stamkos for RNH. Take off the glasses
First of all, Stamkos doesn't belong in that conversation. His value far exceeds the other 3. What has Tavares done to warrant being much more valuable than Hall and RNH?

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
  #67
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
First of all, Stamkos doesn't belong in that conversation. His value far exceeds the other 3. What has Tavares done to warrant being much more valuable than Hall and RNH?
Be a centre, oh and hockey sense.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
  #68
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Be a centre, oh and hockey sense.
And??? Hall has a huge edge in speed so there you go. I would say that Tavares has slightly more value than Hall but he hasn't proven to be the far superior player.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM
  #69
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
1. No to the OP, because before there is any further discussion there is too much risk Suter/Weber will not re-sign.

2. Keep the pick. Deal Hall + 3 EO 2nds (2012, 2013, 2014) for Girardi, Sauer + 2 NYR 1sts (2013 + 2014). Will even throw in a prospect G (Talbot/Stacjer)

Use the high pick to replenish sniper, gain benefit on his ELC contract duration; get shut down All Star backliner to bedrock your D; plus another component to keep or trade; benefit from the upgrade in picks + the prospect.

But ya gotta bite the bullet and part w/Hall..

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:14 PM
  #70
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1. No to the OP, because before there is any further discussion there is too much risk Suter/Weber will not re-sign.

2. Keep the pick. Deal Hall + 3 EO 2nds (2012, 2013, 2014) for Girardi, Sauer + 2 NYR 1sts (2013 + 2014). Will even throw in a prospect G (Talbot/Stacjer)

Use the high pick to replenish sniper, gain benefit on his ELC contract duration; get shut down All Star backliner to bedrock your D; plus another component to keep or trade; benefit from the upgrade in picks + the prospect.

But ya gotta bite the bullet and part w/Hall..
definitely, edmonton does need to remove their only top-6 power forward.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
  #71
Chojin
Tiny Panger...
 
Chojin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Edmonton should wait until after the lottery to trade their pick (if at all). But, man, they really need to start developing their blue line, and trading a top-5 pick could go a long way towards doing just that.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:16 PM
  #72
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Edmonton should wait until after the lottery to trade their pick (if at all). But, man, they really need to start developing their blue line, and trading a top-5 pick could go a long way towards doing just that.
sure could.



if petro or larsson are available.



theyre not, oh well. not dealing the pick for a year of weber or a 2nd pairing defenceman

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
  #73
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
definitely, edmonton does need to remove their only top-6 power forward.
They need to do something.
Building thru draft is certainly one way to go, takes time, taking a D w/first pick would accelerate process.

Or my proposal makes sense in that you are getting a second useful D in Sauer. Think of it this way: how many minutes does Hall play per night?

Now how many Girardi: 25+!!!
how many Sauer 15-20ish!!
together that's upwards of 40 or so minutes per night.

plus the other benefits...

PS I'm assuming you'd rather keep RNH...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
  #74
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
They need to do something.
Building thru draft is certainly one way to go, takes time, taking a D w/first pick would accelerate process.

Or my proposal makes sense in that you are getting a second useful D in Sauer. Think of it this way: how many minutes does Hall play per night?

Now how many Girardi: 25+!!!
how many Sauer 15-20ish!!
together that's upwards of 40 or so minutes per night.

plus the other benefits...

PS I'm assuming you'd rather keep RNH...
so what youre saying is that if we offer smid+petry the pens will give us malkin?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
  #75
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1. No to the OP, because before there is any further discussion there is too much risk Suter/Weber will not re-sign.

2. Keep the pick. Deal Hall + 3 EO 2nds (2012, 2013, 2014) for Girardi, Sauer + 2 NYR 1sts (2013 + 2014). Will even throw in a prospect G (Talbot/Stacjer)

Use the high pick to replenish sniper, gain benefit on his ELC contract duration; get shut down All Star backliner to bedrock your D; plus another component to keep or trade; benefit from the upgrade in picks + the prospect.

But ya gotta bite the bullet and part w/Hall..
Hall plus 3 2nd round picks

for

Sauer = 3 pairing defenseman, Girardi = 28 yo 2nd pairing defenseman, two late 1st round picks(probably within 5-10 of the Oilers 2nds) and two ****** goalie prospects

I see this as when I leave in the morning and I have a $5 bill on my dresser a pile of change. I grab the the $5 and leave the change even though there is probably more than $5 in change there. You're nickels and dimes are not worth my $5 bill

LOL at your minutes played statement.
Halls 20 min >>>>>> Girardi/Sauers 40 min

How about we trade you our next 3 2nd round picks for your next 2 1st round picks
3 picks >>> 2 picks riight????

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.