HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Perron to the AVS...

Old
01-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Any chance Quincey is available? Not for Perron though.
Absolutely, but we'd need something more tempting then you guys offering up perpetual fodder like D'Agostini.

A top 6 winger good for 25+ goals or a young prospect like Schwartz and we can start talking.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:56 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

vCash: 500
Boy some people on this board are nuttier than the Blues Asylum...jeez.

Perron will get an extension from the Blues and he will be in the starting lineup come October 2012 along with Schwartz and Tarasenko (and Ian Cole). Frenchie aint going anywhere

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
letmesleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Haha, good point about the pissing match. I've actually always liked the Aves, and the rivalry between our teams since the trade has been great IMO. And yeah I haven't seen much of Mueller either, but from I saw...I was definitely impressed. Hopefully him and Perron can both fully recover and help our teams moving forward. Regarding the trade deadline question...It's really hard to say what the Blues will do exactly. I doubt many(if any)roster players are actually moved. The Blues biggest need right now is offense though, and not too long ago Armstrong announced the Blues would likely be buyers. To me that says we'll most likely be looking to possibly move some prospects and draft picks. That said, for the right price I would think pretty much any Blues prospect besides hopefully Tarasenko would be open for discussion. Personally, with the Blues having tons of talent already on the right side, I would like to see them possibly shop prospect Ty Rattie. The return would have to be for immediate offensive help though as Rattie is the top scoring forward in the WHL this season, and still only 18 yrs old. Another prospect I could see the Blues possibly moving is Jori Lehterä. Most fans(outside of the Blues) have never heard of him, but he is a big Finish centremen who has done great internationally, and was the top scoring forward a few seasons ago in the FEL, and on a PPG pace in the KHL this season before he got injured. Problem is he is 24 now, and it's looking more and more likely that his chance of ever playing with the Blues may have past. His skating has been an issue, but I still think he could be a very effective forward in the NHL. Another guy like that is Blues defensemen Jonas Junland. He was a talented defensemen who left to play in the SEL a few seasons ago and likely would have earned a spot on the Blues if he had stayed. He could be a great pick-up for a team looking for defensive depth. I really doubt the Blues trade a guy like Jaden Schwartz...he is expected to go pro this next season(in either Peoria or for the Blues) and the asking price for him would be VERY high. Ben Bishop is an AHL all-star goalie that could be available at the deadline, but more likely this Summer as the Blues don't have another goalie to fill in if Halak or Elliott were to go down. Just a few names I figured I'd throw out there, but the chances of any actual roster players being traded are VERY slim. That said, I suppose theoretically anyone is available for the right price.
Junland and Lehtera are both incredibly unlikely to ever cross the pond (or cross the pond again, in Junland's case) so they don't hold much worth for other GMs. They're probably both labelled "lost cause" in some folder at Scottrade.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Lehtara could cross the pond.

Junland won't be heard from again I'd say though.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:15 PM
h22prelude93

I think that's fair to say. I'd still like to see Lehterä get a chance to make it to the NHL. Junland I could really care less as he pretty much sank his own ship. I doubt either's rights are moved, but if you can get something for them you do. You'd have to think some teams would be interested in Lehterä, but with him I think it will come down to if he wants to play for the money or rededicate himself to play in the NHL.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
I don't know, why would the Avs want to trade for Perron? Would they really be fulfilling a need? Who comes back to replace Perron's production?

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

If Duchene played for a team other than Colorado, I'd offer Perron and Stewart.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Zeroknowledge*

I wouldn't trade none of Colorado's top players(Duchene, Stastny, Johnson, Landeskog,O'reilly) for Perron, I like Perron but Blues fans are being total homers, even healthy I wouldn't trade none of those players one on one for him. The fact that he's had a severe and long term concussion I would definitely not even consider it even if the Blues add a 1st(24-30th pick) to get Perron at this point in time for none of the players above.

He almost missed a full year from a concussion, next hit to the head watch him go out again, it's inevitable, after the first "BIG" one they came quick and often.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I wouldn't trade none of Colorado's top players(Duchene, Stastny, Johnson, Landeskog,O'reilly) for Perron, I like Perron but Blues fans are being total homers, even healthy I wouldn't trade none of those players one on one for him. The fact that he's had a severe and long term concussion I would definitely not even consider it even if the Blues add a 1st(24-30th pick) to get Perron at this point in time for none of the players above.

He almost missed a full year from a concussion, next hit to the head watch him go out again, it's inevitable, after the first "BIG" one they came quick and often.
Scholarly analysis...

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:

Nobody said one for one. The point is, the Blues get worse if they trade Perron for a package of parts, even if those parts are good. So if the Avalanche want Perron, even if it includes more players, the trade has to improve the Blues. Nobody other than the four big forwards would do the trick. That's not being a homer, that's being realistic about team needs. And pretty much every Blues fan here has acknowledged that those are non-starters for Colorado, so it just doesn't make sense.

Last edited by rumrokh: 01-30-2012 at 10:06 PM.
rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:

Oh we know it wouldn't be 1 for 1 lol. It was just a matter of what the + would be.

Old
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Scholarly analysis...
I especially liked the part about Blues fans being "total homers" as he so eloquently put it. Bravo!

Seems like Zeroknowledge is a suitable enough name...

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:39 PM
chet1926

No, and I'm an Avs fan.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
If Duchene played for a team other than Colorado, I'd offer Perron and Stewart.
In all honesty, if you switch Backes with Stewart the avs still say no.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Brentwood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
In all honesty, if you switch Backes with Stewart the avs still say no.
Hahahahahaha, yeah right! They make that deal in a heartbeat!!!

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
Chill out. We wouldn't make the deal anyway so it doesn't matter. He's just making the point that they won't trade Duchene the same way we wouldn't trade Backes. Totally fair.

No need to start another fight, especially over a trade that would never happen.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
Think about would you trade Pietrangelo for Bergeron + Lucic?

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote