HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone think the NHL is trying to make Giroux a Poster Boy?

Old
01-31-2012, 05:51 AM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I have always wondered why certain players are on the NHL site. I remember when Kevin Weakes was on the Rangers as a backup goalie he was on the site.. and i was like WTF is a backup goalie doing on the main nhl site, one of the 10 or so people promoted?

I have a feeling that players pay to be there. Kevin Weakes, as you now know, is doing broadcasting. I bet his agents paid to be on the site. But i don't know.
Im sure it had something to do with the fact that he looks different than 95% of the rest of the league. NHL needs to promote to all demographics.

Absolutely no racism intended, just stating an observation.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Im sure it had something to do with the fact that he looks different than 95% of the rest of the league. NHL needs to promote to all demographics.

Absolutely no racism intended, just stating an observation.
He was likely also one of the first to have a website. NHL players are really great with twitter but most don't have sites.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:37 AM
s3x

http://www.rldhockey.net/2012/01/doe...r-boy.html?m=1

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:51 AM
SgtJoseph

Hartnell seems to be the poster boy not Girioux ? Harts has more goals, and seems to be all the rage of late every where ! The Classic, Allstar game, twitter, Hartnells falling down etc.Harts is the poor man's NHL poster boy ! LOL

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Bumping this thread for tonight, the mouths have been filled by Claude tonight. Sheesh, you'd think they were just mispronouncing Datsyuk.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Top Cheese Danish

Bump for the Giroux "Because It's The Cup" commercial (begins airing on TV today):

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...1083&id=169751

He's one of the few players that's getting an individual commercial - the only others so far are Lundqvist, Datsyuk, the Sedins, and Tim Thomas.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
That was such an odd interview. Cabbie was eerily close to G for most of it. Joked through most of it...and then at the very end, hugged him and almost whispered in his ear and was all of a sudden very serious.

Are all his interviews borderline creepy?

Oh and on topic - NHL is looking for the next posterboy cause Crosby's career could end with any hit he takes from here on out. For some reason, the NHL thinks the league will implode on itself if there's not one single player they can point to and say "look, you know this guy, he plays hockey!"

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Keroberos

Giroux has the third best-selling jersey after Crosby and Ovechkin. Everyone has noticed what a superstar he is, and for this and all the other reasons mentioned in this thread so far, he's an obvious choice for a poster boy.

I used to dread post-game interviews with him. He was incredibly vanilla and never had anything at all interesting or entertaining to say, but ever since 24/7 was able to show his previously well-hidden sense of humor, I've enjoyed his personality a lot more.

Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote