HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to call up Komisarek?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Patty Roy

vCash: 500
Time to call up Komisarek?

I think its time to call up Komisarek and send Hainsey down to the AHL.

Hainsey hasn't been playing well lately and seems to have lost CJ's confidence. He's really played sparingly the last few games. Now with Quintal out with an illness, the Habs are short a right side defenceman. Could the timeing be any better to call up Komisarek? My guess is that Komi will be called up within the next few days, especially if Quintal is expected to be out any amount of time...

Old
11-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Cariboux

The problem is that Komisarek is playing on the right side and there is Brisebois, Rivet and Quintal on right. If the Quintal's injury is serious, I think that Komi could be called.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:54 AM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
In my book, it is definitely time to send down Hainsey. He is not playing like an NHLer and Bouillon currently outplays him. Hainsey made little improvement since the beginning of the season and this guy will have to learn that you don't make the NHL on potential. It's been two years in a row Hainsey started in the NHL and proved to be ineffective, some even said last year that Therrien killed this kid's confidence and some are singing the same song this year as well with Claude Julien. I think Hainsey himself has to be blamed as well, I saw little intensity in his game and he is constantly being beat along the boards, I rarely saw any second effort from Hainsey. I am for the youth movement and can live with the rookie mistakes but when you bring little commitment to the game, you simply don't earn to be in the NHL.

It's time to Hainsey to start focusing on hockey and not only enjoying what comes with celibrity and money.

With Bouillon playing like a decent #6, Rivet struggling and Quintal having heart problems, it's time to bring Komisarek who is more NHL ready than Hainsey IMO. Quintal can play both sides if needed and Komisarek would probably bring more to the table than Hainsey is currently showing us. Fair is fair, send down Hainsey and bring up Komisarek.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:23 AM
scosar

[QUOTE=Saku K.]In my book, it is definitely time to send down Hainsey. He is not playing like an NHLer and Bouillon currently outplays him. \

Bouillon is and will never be more than a No. 7 who can fill in and play No. 6. He may make less mistakes than Hainsey right now. But he never brings offence the way the kid can.

Playing Hainsey and then sitting him after a decent game will do nothing for his confidence. When Markov first came up he was making mistakes all the time and looked like he could do with time in the minors. But we kept on playing him night in and night out. His confidence grew and he developed into our best dman.

Let Hainsey play and learn from his mistakes. He has nothing more to learn in the AHL. Sending him down now isn't going to help and it might only make it worse.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:40 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Hainsey has the best potential of all of our defenceman. I like Komisarek as much as the next guy, but the hype that he receives is sickening.

Give Hainsey 17 or 18 minutes a game, as well as Craig Rivet's powerplay time, and you'll realize what a mistake Julien has made in shorting Hainsey thus far.

The only time the powerplay really got going, aside from Souray's goal with six seconds to go, was when Hainsey was out there. He was playing the wrong point, but what's the problem with that? He had his head up, he made a few sharp passes, and looked like he was really taking advantage of that little bit of oppurtunity on the man advantage. Hell, he even dove 12 feet so that he could knock the back into the corner with his stick.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
Bouillon is and will never be more than a No. 7 who can fill in and play No. 6. He may make less mistakes than Hainsey right now. But he never brings offence the way the kid can.
I am not debating that bouillon is a #7 and when at his best is a decent #6 defenseman, that's exactly what I think about him. As I said in my post even if Bouillon is a #6-7 defenseman at best, it doesn't change my opinion that you don't make the NHL based on hype and potential.

Quote:
Playing Hainsey and then sitting him after a decent game will do nothing for his confidence. When Markov first came up he was making mistakes all the time and looked like he could do with time in the minors. But we kept on playing him night in and night out. His confidence grew and he developed into our best dman.
Unfortunately, Gainey wants to play the kids AND makes the playoffs as well. Hainsey did not prove being a legit NHLer, he isn't a factor on offense (did not play much pp time but when used, he frankly doesn't do much) and he is poor along the boards. Markov was making mistakes yes but at least was working hard and bringing good offense on the table. To think everybody is developing as fast as Markov and that Hainsey's situation is comparable to what happened with Markov is wishful thinking. Markov did not have a lot of competition in the minors as well. Hainsey is not playing like an NHLer and did not earn more ice time and this team wants to make the playoffs and win hockey games. Hainsey does not help you in any way to win hockey games so far. It's been two years in a row two different coaches acted the same way with Hainsey, that alone should raise some concerts. It's time to stop bashing the coaches, Gainey, the system etc anything but Hainsey himself.

Quote:
Let Hainsey play and learn from his mistakes. He has nothing more to learn in the AHL. Sending him down now isn't going to help and it might only make it worse.
Basically, Hainsey is playing one game out of 3 and sending him could make the situation worse? How do you know he has nothing to learn in the AHL? Hainsey needs to polish his defensive coverage and work along the boards.

What Hainsey needs is to kick himself in the derriere and works hard. His attitude is, imo, the reason why he isn't developing as fast as some would like to see. He has the potential but never proved he could develop it at the NHL level. Meanwhile, Mike Komisarek is in the minors, probably NHL ready and did not receive any shot yet.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:38 AM
missthenet

hainsey

I'm no expert but Hainsey seems to be playing pretty well considering his ice time and his experience. He looks pretty confident on the ice, if anything he probably could use more time on the powerplay. He seems to clear the zone pretty good and he makes a good first pass out of the defensive zone. What I have noticed is tht most of the excitment in the Canadiens zone last night and Friday night occured when Rivet and Bouillion were on the ice. Both had trouble getting the puck out ofthe Canadiens end and Rivet was constantly beaten to the puck. The habs played an inspired game Friday night and they arried it forward to last night's game. They palyed 60 minutes in both games which is very encouraging

Old
11-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Patty Roy

Hainsey's icetime last night... 4:24, 5 shifts, 2:19 at even strength!

He's got to go down to the AHL. Those are just ridiculously low minutes for a defenceman. Quintal sounds like he will be out for a bit, time to bring up Komisarek.

Souray-Brisebois
Markov-Komisarek
Bouillon-Rivet

Old
11-09-2003, 07:41 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
And you are basing this on what exactly? Hainsey didn't exactly light the AHL on fire last season. I think he could definitely benefit from 20 minutes a night in the AHL, at least for a few months.

The Komisarek we saw in the NHL at the end of last season was definitely more impressive than what i've seen from Hainsey the last few weeks.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I would leave Komo in the AHL all season. He hasn't been that impressive, although he's on the top pairing (sort of). In the 3 games I was at, Komo was on the ice for most of the goals against, even though many weren't his fault. I think Komo needs to learn how to read plays at a faster speed and he gets beat to the outside by quick forwards.

Hainsey I would also send down. If he's going to sit most games, and play little when he's dressed, send him down, and send him down quickly. Young guys need to play and play often. Sitting in the press box, and watching the game from the bench doesn't do much for him. I like the way Bouillon's been playing, and Hainsey won't beat out Markov or Souray, so he's in a tough spot. Bouillon is scrappy and has a ton of heart, Hainsey is a smooth skating good puck moving offensive defensemen. Hainsey isn't physical and will continue to make rookie mistakes. Either play him and look to the future, or send him down, and let him play a lot in the AHL.

Bring up Dykhuis and let him take Hainsey's spot in the press box, where he can waste way.

For the record I think Hainsey's played well, better then last year.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Corey

Might as well bring bring back Dykhuis if Hainsey isn't playing. Besides, Dykhuis might have a new lease on life after having been humiliated by his demotion. He used to be a good player.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Might as well bring bring back Dykhuis if Hainsey isn't playing. Besides, Dykhuis might have a new lease on life after having been humiliated by his demotion. He used to be a good player.
Exactly, I agree. Dykhuis would be a good call-up.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing Hainsey stay. Let him make some mistakes, improve his game.

The thing that worries me about Hainsey, is he seems to avoid shooting. Is it a lack of confidence, or does prefer to pass it off?

Old
11-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Patty Roy

Yeah but if you think Quintal is going to be out for a few weeks, what do you do? Would you call up Dykhuis and play him on his off-side before you would call up the natural right-side d-man in Komisarek?

Old
11-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Yeah but if you think Quintal is going to be out for a few weeks, what do you do? Would you call up Dykhuis and play him on his off-side before you would call up the natural right-side d-man in Komisarek?
With the way our defence is playing, I'm not sure. I'd really like to see Komisarek throwing his weight around in the NHL, but can he be relied upon to be responsible in his own end?

I guess the coaching staff will be struggling with these decisions, as will Gainey.

Closed Thread