Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Speaking of laundry, how do you wash hockey jerseys?

I wore my North Stars jersey to a little party a week or so ago and got a pizza stain on it near the collar(I was so ****ing pissed). Usually I just get shout spray and spray stains before washing, but jerseys you're supposed to hand wash? Is that right?

I only recently got my first few hockey jerseys and have yet to have to wash them(only wear them for 2-3 hours at a time, they don't stink and they do not have any stains...until this incident). Help?

Old
01-30-2012, 03:38 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
I'm with Tim - been doing my own laundry since an age which child labors apply.

Also, living with girls in their mid-20s does not equal the clean house you would think.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I'm with Tim - been doing my own laundry since an age which child labors apply.

Also, living with girls in their mid-20s does not equal the clean house you would think.
Living with girls in their mid-20s usually equals about as far away from "clean" as you can humanly get.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I did all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, child care, and everything else when I lived with my early- to mid-20's ex. My current gf is much more "wife" material as she can cook, clean, sew, hold a job, and not bang other dudes.

Oh wait.

With a stain on a jersey, I would try some mild detergent diluted in water, soak it for a bit, and then try to brush it off with a soft toothbrush.

I've honestly never washed my $300 authentic Gaborik, but I wash my own personal hockey jersey a few times a season. I turn them inside out, put on the lowest agitation, half as much detergent and a little white vinegar (only for actual used jerseys to take out the stink), and then hang to dry.

Old
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Living with girls in their mid-20s usually equals about as far away from "clean" as you can humanly get.
Yeah one of these days I will learn that, along with a couple other lessons which seem to keep repeating themselves.

Old
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Psh! My house is spotless. Though, that may or may not be due to us both being neat freaks. Bordering on obsessive compulsive...

Don't think you'll find many places cleaner with a little one running around mucking everything up.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Speaking of laundry, how do you wash hockey jerseys?

I wore my North Stars jersey to a little party a week or so ago and got a pizza stain on it near the collar(I was so ****ing pissed). Usually I just get shout spray and spray stains before washing, but jerseys you're supposed to hand wash? Is that right?

I only recently got my first few hockey jerseys and have yet to have to wash them(only wear them for 2-3 hours at a time, they don't stink and they do not have any stains...until this incident). Help?
I find that having them dry cleaned is the safest way.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Whenever I wash mine I always wash them on the gentle cycle and then tumble dry with little to no heat.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I find that having them dry cleaned is the safest way.
I was thinking about that but for a single jersey on a single spot I'm not sure how much that would cost, plus I've never had anything dry-cleaned before. I'll probably look into it this weekend though. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Whenever I wash mine I always wash them on the gentle cycle and then tumble dry with little to no heat.
Well, like with my NFL jerseys I just wash them on gentle and air dry them. The one jersey I ever put in a dryer got so messed up I can't wear it without looking like a buffoon so I didn't want to do that here.

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I'm dreading the day I have to wash my Wild jersey for the first time...

I'll probably get it dry cleaned because it has a lot of sentimental value.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If it was an authentic I'd dry clean it, probably $10. Replica, goes in the machine on mildest setting possible.

Old
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
It's usually not too costly when getting them dry-cleaned. When you consider how much you spent on the jersey, spending $5-10 to have it done is worth it. Of course that also depends how often you need to get it cleaned. I've been lucky enough only to have to bring them in 2-3 times in the last 5-8 years, but we're talking about 10-12 jerseys too. I only wear them to games, so rotating them for 30-40 homes games each year helps a bit. If you have one or two that you wear a lot, obviously it may need to get cleaned more.

Some places do offer deals. I use to get 3 jerseys cleaned for roughly $10-12. And considering some are reaching the 10-year old mark (and have been worn A LOT), the dry-cleaning has been a miracle! When I'd bring them in with stains, they come out looking spotless and just as shiny and new as the day they were bought. No loose threads. No wrinkles. The colors look just as vibrant as ever. Most importantly, they fit perfectly. My mom washes her jersey, and it's held up okay. But I've also seen some that were washed that shrunk, had threads coming loose, faded, and just didn't look (or fit) the same. It's probably different for each person depending on the type of machine and cleaners that you'd use.

Personally, since mine are pre-Nike (CCM and KOHO) with the numbers, nameplates, and other patches actually sewn on, I'm not taking chances. Those are my babies.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
I still feel bad about continuing to wear and use my goalie helmet after I got it signed by Brian Elliot. I should've just bought a new one since that one was getting small. The autograph is completely gone now. I got it (Elliot's autograph) about 7-8 years ago when I attended a goalie camp taught by him and the Wisconsin Badgers goalie coach. Elliot was still a Badger at that time. Who knows, maybe that helmet would've been worth a little something now seeing as how good Elliot's become.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Wow! 1/4 inch of ice on everything this morning. I could have skated to work.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
Quit rubbing it in!

This stupid weather is just destroying most all hopes of having much outdoor ice for the rest of winter...

Old
01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Quit rubbing it in!

This stupid weather is just destroying most all hopes of having much outdoor ice for the rest of winter...
I've been out a grand total of once, and the ice was crap...

This is the worst winter that I can remember, ever, for me.......

Old
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Near the start of winter when everyone was complaining about the lack of ice, we had people skating on the river. There was absolutely no snow, and it was just warm enough for it to melt a little off the top during the day to refreeze at night and smooth itself right out.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:33 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
It was definitely a surprise. I was walking a girl back to her place this morning ( ) and we almost slipped a total of 6-7 times between the two of us. The university sand/salt system needs some work. Some patches it felt like I was walking on a beach, others I might as well have had my skates on.

There was some ice last night when we were going to my room from the dining center, but it wasn't that bad. People were having fun running and sliding on the sidewalks and stuff, that was fun to see.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
It was definitely a surprise. I was walking a girl back to her place this morning ( ) and we almost slipped a total of 6-7 times between the two of us. The university sand/salt system needs some work. Some patches it felt like I was walking on a beach, others I might as well have had my skates on.

There was some ice last night when we were going to my room from the dining center, but it wasn't that bad. People were having fun running and sliding on the sidewalks and stuff, that was fun to see.
Nice

Old
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
First own (rental) apartment coming up. Time to dig out of parents' basement (upstairs room).

Old
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
Man I "would have been so clumsy" and taken the opportunity to gently "fall" towards the girl several times. And they wonder why I'm single.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Nice
Thanks man. Didn't go all the way, but we had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Man I "would have been so clumsy" and taken the opportunity to gently "fall" towards the girl several times. And they wonder why I'm single.
Hahaha. I was so dead tired I didn't even think of that. We didn't get to sleep until like 5:30 this morning or so and we were up at 9 because she had class at 11. I had class at 9, but that was simply not gonna happen

I planned on coming back and taking 1-2 hour nap before my next class at 12:30, but I've already killed an hour on hfboards and I'm not sure if sleeping half an hour-45 minutes would really do all that much.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Nice work, son.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
I planned on coming back and taking 1-2 hour nap before my next class at 12:30, but I've already killed an hour on hfboards and I'm not sure if sleeping half an hour-45 minutes would really do all that much.
40mins is supposedly the best amount of time for a nap, you don't get too much into it so you should be able to wake up nice and fresh and not oversleep.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wait...you're going to class? In COLLEGE?

Freshmen.

Closed Thread