HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Picks for Mid-Season MVP, Biggest Surprise & Unsung Hero

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Your Picks for Mid-Season MVP, Biggest Surprise & Unsung Hero

Alright, im straight jackin this but oh well, lets see your picks.

Here are mine:

MVP: Craig Conroy

Biggest Surprise: Sean Avery

Unsung Hero: Eric Belanger

Old
01-06-2006, 12:28 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Garon
Garon
Garon
...and honorable mention to Corvo, Gleason, Weaver, Dempsey, Norstrom and Visnovsky.

Old
01-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Venom_17

MVP: Pavol Demitra
Unsung Hero: Derek Armstrong
Biggest Surprise: Jeremy Roenick (in a bad bad way)

Old
01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Haik

Surprise: Matty

UNsung hero: Corvo

Old
01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
LuckyLUC20

MVP: Conroy
Unsung Hero: Belanger
Biggest Surprise: Garon

Old
01-06-2006, 12:36 AM
kingsfan25

MVP: I'll have to agree on Garon
Unsung Hero: Jeff Giuliano (hey, we're winning, pretty much all Kings heroes have been sung)
Biggest Surprise: Avery, I guess in that I didn't expect the media circus. AS far as play goes, I'll agree with the Roenick selection.

Old
01-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Quattro

MVP: Garon
Surprise: Corvo
Unsung: Miller

Old
01-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Capn Brown

MVP: Visnovsky

Unsung: Avery - if you average crowd response from around the league, this guy gets about 40 boos per every one cheer, yet manages outstanding games almost always.

Surprise: Frolov - wasn't he supposed to have learned in his first couple of seasons about consistency?

Old
01-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Osprey

MVP - Garon - I reckon he's stolen up to 4 games, which equals 8 points, the distance from 8th place.

Surprise - Conroy - Remember, he was just a solid 2nd-liner to us before the season, not a top-line anchor, go-to guy and team MVP candidate.

Unsung - Gleason - One of the hit leaders on the team and has more assists than any defenseman not named Lubomir (!), despite getting little PP time. Not being flashy or given the spotlight (like Visnovsky and Corvo) makes him overlooked and underappreciated.

Old
01-06-2006, 02:21 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

MVP - Conroy... Many would say Garon, but Conroy has been the most consistant King, playing excellent on both sides.

Surprise - Corvo. Major props for actually playing like a defenseman. Usually once you get the whipping boy title, you keep it until you're traded or not re-signed (see: Cechmanek and Craig Johnson)

Unsung - Norstrom. I know many things have been said about him... but he has maintained his defensive ability while serving as an offensive sparkplug... he, of all Kings, would shoot the puck when offense needed to be generated.

Old
01-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Fripp

MVP: Conroy ... what *doesn't* he do well?
Surprise: Matty's offensive side, Gleason returning this year stronger, heavier, and meaner.
Unsung: Belanger, Miller ... steady and dependable

Old
01-06-2006, 03:01 AM
johnjm22

Garon is by far our MVP.

Old
01-06-2006, 03:04 AM
Mindcircus

MVP- Craig Conroy
runner up- Pavol Demitra
honorable mention- Mathieu Garon

Conroy has consistently been our best player after his slow start. This guy was an afterthought at the start of the year. Without him, the Kings would be a middle of the pack team at best. Demitra has a magic stick. Nothing else needs to be said. Garon deserves a mention just from his recent play alone. The guy has played like a franchise netminder.

Surprise- Joe Corvo
runner up- Sean Avery
honorable mention- Michael Cammalleri

Joe Corvo gets no love whatsoever so it's obvious he's a surprise looking at his numbers. Even his shot is more accurate than ever. There is a God. Sean Avery is wanted by every team in the league regardless of his mouth and borderline dirty play. He's been awesome for the Kings. Pleasant surprise indeed. I think Cammy deserves a mention here. From being benched, to being in every trade rumor in the NHL, to one of our best goal scorers. You've come a long way Cammy, congrats. Here's to you keeping it up.

Unsung Hero- Eric Belanger
runner up- Tom Kostopoulos
honorable mention- Aaron Miller

Belanger is another guy that everyone loved to hate. Well hate no more. He's one of the best 3rd line centers in the league now. Yeah, i said it... Kosto was a Penguin cast off and has been a really good player for us. He does the dirty work and didn't get any recognition until now. Aaron Miller deserves a mention here. Everyone thought he'd be lucky to play 50 games this year and was over the hill after the lockout. Well turns out he's been arguably our best stay at home D-man. Like a rock, just without the Chevy. No offense Matty, but you're all about putting points up now. lol

As a whole though, there are so many different players that you can pick as your MVP, Surprise, and Unsung. All of them would be deserving. So props to all of the players on the Kings. It's been a great season thus far.

After thinking about it, Lubo deserves a mention somewhere. He could be our MVP. He could be our surprise. He could also be our unsung hero. Well Lubo, you're all of them!!! Congrats!!!

Old
01-06-2006, 03:24 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Surprise: Gleason

Unsung Hero: Gleason

Old
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Surprise - Corvo. Major props for actually playing like a defenseman. Usually once you get the whipping boy title, you keep it until you're traded or not re-signed (see: Cechmanek and Craig Johnson)
Don't forget Modry!

Old
01-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Unsung Hero: Gleason
Hey! You were looking over my shoulder!

Old
01-06-2006, 02:30 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Runner up: Craig Conroy
HM: Demitra, Lubomir

I have Garon before Conroy because simply said goaltender is the most important part of your team and he has been more then that. Craig has been most consistant while Demitra has been biggest pts producer. That being said if we hadn't had Lubomir you could completely forget our PP or any threat from the blue line except questionably Corvo

Biggest Surprise: Sean Avery
Runner up - Corvo
HM: Brown

I give it to Avery because I knew he would be helpfull but it just seems everytime he is on the ice something is happening. That being said the media he has brought our team even if bad is surprising to say the least. Corvo finally is looking good like a top 4 d-man and can actually shoot 8 goals I think it is up till now definetly not bad. I put Brown here because I think everyone predicted more points but who predicted the monster hits he is laying out (I never thought he'd be top 3 in the leauge for hits)

Unsung Hero: Miller
Runner up - Belanger
HM: Cammelleri

I would question putting Miller as MVP but I think he falls better under the unsung hero category. Miller has simply been our hero on the defense and gone back to how he used to be when he came here. Belanger as stated before in my eyes one of the best 3rd line centers you could ask for. I also put Camm here because when we were in a slump and our main line was scoring he was the one who came up big and carried the team shortly

Old
01-06-2006, 04:45 PM
ILuvLA

MVP - Tie between Demitra & Garon
Biggest Surprise - Conroy
Unsung: Belanger

Old
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Kick

MVP - Garon
Biggest Surprise - The Manchester Call-ups.
Unsung: Gleason

Closed Thread