HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer stick question

Old
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Doland
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

vCash: 566
Bauer stick question

Is there any big difference between the supreme line and the vapor line of Bauer sticks?

If so, what are they

Doland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:08 PM
shawn1331

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Donald View Post
Is there any big difference between the supreme line and the vapor line of Bauer sticks?

If so, what are they
Vapors are more towards snapshots and forwards, and supremes are more for defenseman and slapshots. Different kickpoints mostly.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
michaelshu

Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Donald View Post

If so, what are they
supreme lines have a mid kick point meaning the stick's flexing point will be around the middle of the shaft, generally good for loading power into the stick for big slappers

vapor lines have a low kick point, the stick's flexing point will be focused more on the lower portion of the shaft, intended to help with that quick/snappy shot release

do note that higher end vapor lines have the intelli-sense shot technology, it alters the stick's flex profile by adding another flex point around the middle. so it has 2 flex points

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
Vapors are more towards snapshots and forwards, and supremes are more for defenseman and slapshots. Different kickpoints mostly.
Wrong. It's personal preference. That F / D crap is Bauer marketing and I must say that based on what I've seen time and time again, it's very effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelshu View Post
supreme lines have a mid kick point meaning the stick's flexing point will be around the middle of the shaft, generally good for loading power into the stick for big slappers

vapor lines have a low kick point, the stick's flexing point will be focused more on the lower portion of the shaft, intended to help with that quick/snappy shot release

do note that higher end vapor lines have the intelli-sense shot technology, it alters the stick's flex profile by adding another flex point around the middle. so it has 2 flex points
The Vapor is essentially a low-kick stick, Intelli-Sense or not.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
vapor11

Vapors have rounded corners as opposed to the classic boxier feel of the Supremes

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Vapor - low kick, box shaft with rounded corners
Supreme - mid kick, concave shaft with square corners

Low kick sticks have less total deflection and store less energy yet load and unload that energy quickly. I.e. less max power but quicker release.

Mid kick sticks have greater total deflection and store more energy yet load and unload that energy slightly slower. I.e. more max power with somewhat slower release.

I've also noticed that low kick sticks tend to have higher trajectory on shots.

Personally I've always liked the low kick and love the Vapor sticks. Had a few One95's and wasn't as impressed. But still keep wanting to try them again, being a gear whoor and what not.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

I have both a Vapor X60 and a Supreme Total One. Both bought as closeouts, not that you care, but it makes me feel better.

I find that what Bauer says about them is pretty accurate. I like using my X60 when I'm playing forward as I like the low kick point for shots in close. When I'm on defense I use my Total One. When I load up a wrister from the point with my Total One it comes off like a rocket, but if I don't load it up properly the shot is pretty weak, so it is not as great in close.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

I've used the Supreme series for years as a forward. I can name tons of forwards in the NHL that use the TotalOne as well.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
hyster110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
I've used the Supreme series for years as a forward. I can name tons of forwards in the NHL that use the TotalOne as well.
can't really use the NHL as an example because even if their stick is painted like a total one, it may not be one in actuality. the sticks are so customized that pro stick are impossible to define as being from a certain line.

but i do agree that forwards can use the supremes easily, just like defence can use the Vapor series. its all about personal preference.

i like the supremes feel, the concavity and the tac spiral, used a couple Vapor XXXXs for a while and loved them to. i still like the One95/totalone feel bettter

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:28 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not saying that you can't interchange one or the other when you are playing a particular position. I'm just saying that I agree with what Bauer says about the sticks to a degree. Although they are not hard rules that need to be followed.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:52 AM
AIREAYE

Of course, which shot are you more likely to take as a forward? As a defencemen? Bauer capitalized on this positional difference very well, and not only in sticks, but in every aspect of gear like skates and protective.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
can't really use the NHL as an example because even if their stick is painted like a total one, it may not be one in actuality. the sticks are so customized that pro stick are impossible to define as being from a certain line.
You can read the TotalOne near the blade on the shaft clear as day. Has a certain design too.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
hyster110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
You can read the TotalOne near the blade on the shaft clear as day. Has a certain design too.
if you read the first line of my post, you would see that they can be painted like total ones ,but they are not total ones

Old
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
shawn1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Wrong. It's personal preference. That F / D crap is Bauer marketing and I must say that based on what I've seen time and time again, it's very effective.

The Vapor is essentially a low-kick stick, Intelli-Sense or not.
Uhm, no not really wrong at all. Most defenseman aren't taking a light snapshot from the point? The supremes ARE better for slapshots and I've owned 2 one95's and 2 XXX lites. The XXX are ok for slapshots but they have great release and are a solid snapshot stick. The supremes have a harder shot but it takes longer to get it off then the vapors.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:23 PM
AIREAYE

Who says all D take slapshots? You're over-generalizing here, making concrete statements when in fact there is a variance in preference. Something everyone learns not to do eventually, why not learn now.

Old
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
shawn1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Who says all D take slapshots? You're over-generalizing here, making concrete statements when in fact there is a variance in preference. Something everyone learns not to do eventually, why not learn now.
Thats why I said "more". I didn't say you had to get it if your a Dman but they are aimed towards defenseman because you can generate more torque on the stick but it won't get off as quick. Where as a vapor will allow for a quick release while sacrificing velocity.

Hell,Stamkos used a one95 but alot of other forwards used vapors. Stamkos probably prefered one95's because of his onetimers. Where as Kessel would have prefered the release. you can use a one95 for forward, I'm not stopping you.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:23 PM
wreckless

aside from what others have mentioned regarding the kick points, for me the major difference between the two is the blade feel.

however this all changed with the totalone.. it has the blade feel of the past vapor 60.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The APX actually has the blade feel of the Supreme series now. That's the major difference from the X:60.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
hyster110

i find the apx alot stiffer than the supremes, even with the dual kick points

Old
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
r3cc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
The APX actually has the blade feel of the Supreme series now. That's the major difference from the X:60.
the APX is a hot stick... its lighter than the TotalOne and definately the X:60

has the intellisence multiple kickpoint, is built with more durable materials (supposedly) and definately has the TotalOne blade

its awesome...

that being said, I'm not spending $300 on a stick my Stealths are cheap these days

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Stickmata

I just switched from an S19/85/Iginla to a 7.0/87/Stamkos and the difference is unbelievable. The 7.0 is the best stick I've ever used, unbelievable feel for the puck, a stickhandler's dream. Now my Easton's feel like 2x4s in my hands.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote