HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings GM Lombardi confirms talks with Gauthier

Old
01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
It's similar to when Scotty Bowman says to keep Price, it's the be all end all. When he says Pierre McGuire would make a good GM, it's just talk and old Scotty is losing it, but if he agrees with you, he's on the money.
Did Bowman vouch for McGuire or are you just supposing?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
The Caps traded Semyon Varlamov a 1st and 2nd round pick on July 1st.

The more you wait the more you open your self to the risk of teams lowering their offer knowing that they can sign him to an offer-sheet July 1st. Image St Louis was still offer Eller/Schults, but PG was trying to get a team like San Jose (Bob Mac confirmed they made a pitch for Halak) to offer something bigger. Both teams can withdraw their offers, offer Halak the same contract he got with St Louis 4/3.75M. And MTL would have been screwed, image he signs that offer with San Jose, MTL would have just accept the 1st and 3 round pick. When Clearly they value Eller/Schultz over a 1st and 3rd round pick in 2011.
When he signed, Halak added a lot more to the cap although I don't think Varlamov was worth a high first round pick.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Did Bowman vouch for McGuire or are you just supposing?
No I think I've heard Bowman endorse McGuire on the radio. Not a full out "he should be hired" statement, but certainly he endorsed him IIRC.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not sure about the numbers, but something similar.
If a GM says he didn't know Cammy was available, then he probably wasn't getting him anyways.
I don't think every time there is a trade, the 29 other GMs are told about it. That would be an unrealistic expectation.
If I'm a GM, and I'm thinking of moving a valuable asset, I aim a few teams that have assets I'm also interested in, get in contact with them and get wtv I feel is the best deal.

I also feel that as a GM, you need to constantly be open to improving your team. So, if you're looking for a pure goal scorer, and haven't even thought of calling PG for Cammy, then you're not doing a good job or aren't interested. Especially after saying the loser comments. If you don't care for a pure goal scorer, then you don't really need to know if Cammy is on the market.
It doesn't take much brains to know Cammalleri may be on the way out after the season he has had and his comments a couple of days before the trade.

If a GM is looking for a scorer didn't know Cammy may be available he must be Mike Milbury dumb.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
No I think I've heard Bowman endorse McGuire on the radio. Not a full out "he should be hired" statement, but certainly he endorsed him IIRC.
You have to take that with a grain of salt since McGwire was his assistant coach in Pittsburgh.

It's like the Buffalo media asking Jacques Martin if Perry Pearn would make a good assistant coach.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
JustAHabFan

If the Kings want to swap Bobby Ryan for Patches, would you guys do this trade? I wouldn't.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If the Kings want to swap Bobby Ryan for Patches, would you guys do this trade? I wouldn't.
You're thinking Anaheim, not LA.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
You're thinking Anaheim, not LA.
You are right. This is what happened at the end of a working day.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It would be a tough one.

Pacioretty has a cheaper contract but Ryan is a better player right now.

Old
01-31-2012, 06:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not blind devotion, some fans are bright enough to look at things objectively unlike you.

For the most part, the source of the struggles(Gomez Cammy Markov Gionta Spacek) have little to do with Gauthier unless you want to play the "guilty by association" game.

The guys he kept or went out and got are the ones doing their job...Gorges Price Desharnais Cole Eller Plekanec etc

I like that approach. "If you disagree with me, you are not very bright." I will have to try that one day.

Gomez' struggles have little to do with the success of this team. With or without him we have struggled this year. Markov struglled? He hasnt seen the ice this year to struggle. Spacek struggles < Kaberle struggles.

We differ in opinions regarding Gauthier. That doesnt make either you or me more bright or less bright. It simply means that we disagree.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
I don't think there's a single team who wouldn't give a left nut for Bobby Ryan.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:38 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
I don't think there's a single team who wouldn't give a left nut for Bobby Ryan.
Phil Kessel tried to make that deal but it didn't work.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:45 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
here comes Dustin Penner....Justin Williams
Man, just what our team needs, another bum. Start a rebuild already. Atleast in the past we were building a team that could finish 8th every year. Now it seems we're building a team that has the potential to finish 9th or 10th. When that happens, it's time for a complete rebuild.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I like that approach. "If you disagree with me, you are not very bright." I will have to try that one day.

Gomez' struggles have little to do with the success of this team. With or without him we have struggled this year. Markov struglled? He hasnt seen the ice this year to struggle. Spacek struggles < Kaberle struggles.

We differ in opinions regarding Gauthier. That doesnt make either you or me more bright or less bright. It simply means that we disagree.
When you have about 45% of your payroll not giving you much production, it's easy to see why we are out of the playoffs.

Gomez's struggles have a lot to do with the team's problems, he is taking up 15% of the payroll and he has about 7 points this year. Gionta has 15, Cammy had 22 and Markov has none. Markov and Gio have been hurt but it's still a big chunk missing.

Your opinion on Gauthier is dillusioned because you see the glass half empty on everything.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Man, just what our team needs, another bum. Start a rebuild already. Atleast in the past we were building a team that could finish 8th every year. Now it seems we're building a team that has the potential to finish 9th or 10th. When that happens, it's time for a complete rebuild.
What do you consider a "complete rebuild"?