HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would your team have given for Cammalleri

Old
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Schennanigans

vCash: 500
Nothing. Don't need another small forward.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Tretiak 20

I thought Cammalleri back to LA would have made sense. LA could use a natural LW with some scoring touch especially with Gagne out indefinitely and Penner, well, you know. Cammy with Kopitar and Williams or even with Richards could have worked out and he'd definitely help that miserable PP.

Cammy for Penner (expiring contract/cap purposes/warm body for MTL), 1st, and a mid-tier prospect/young player (Martinez?)

Tretiak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Originally I wasn't a big fan of the deal but over the first three games he looks like a completely different player from what I saw when he was playing in Montreal this year.

The game winner in the SO last night was awesome to watch.

Looking back, I'm glad that we dumped off Bourque, chances are he would have taken a boneheaded penalty late in the game and cost us the point.

With Tanguay coming back against the Oilers the top 6 will look a lot better.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretiak 20 View Post
I thought Cammalleri back to LA would have made sense. LA could use a natural LW with some scoring touch especially with Gagne out indefinitely and Penner, well, you know. Cammy with Kopitar and Williams or even with Richards could have worked out and he'd definitely help that miserable PP.

Cammy for Penner (expiring contract/cap purposes/warm body for MTL), 1st, and a mid-tier prospect/young player (Martinez?)
I think I would have preferred this over the return we ended up getting as Penner would be gone at the end of the year. Another first this year would be great as well.

Thanks for the input

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Bourque unfortunately has a lot of psychological issues that really detract from his game.

He will float for long periods of time. He's prone to very bad penalties at very inopportune times.He also losses his cool and throws cheap shots.

I think it was this last cheap shot that really broke the camel's back and resulted in the Flames deciding to get rid of him. The fans (although I know they didn't have any input) were really fed up with the bad attitude and the cheapshots. The Calgary fanbase really expects hard and honest work from the Flames. Bourque was providing neither of those.
Ok, but for 3.3.M (3rd line cap hit), I'll take the flaws with 25 goals a year. I'm not sure if this comes out right, but MTL needs a player that plays edge.

Also a lot of the things that you said about Bourque could be said about Cammy. I love Cammy, and is talent is really good, and his hockey IQ high, but he is lazy as-well. If he isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything else.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

The way things needed with Cammy and the Kings, I doubt they would have brought him back.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:

With Cammy's history with Lombardi, I can't imagine a team that would be less likely to trade for Cammalleri than LA.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Camma is a match made in heaven for the Flames,

he can help sink the ship faster so the club can rebuild.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Ok, but for 3.3.M (3rd line cap hit), I'll take the flaws with 25 goals a year. I'm not sure if this comes out right, but MTL needs a player that plays edge.

Also a lot of the things that you said about Bourque could be said about Cammy. I love Cammy, and is talent is really good, and his hockey IQ high, but he is lazy as-well. If he isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything else.
What team pays their 3rd liners 3.3 million each?

Anyways, he's not ridiculously overpaid by any means, and I'd consider him a second liner not a third liner. He just takes up a spot in the top 6 that could be better served by other players. He's not the greatest 3rd liner as you expect 3rd liners to bring lots of energy and enthusiasm and play more of a checking role. Bourque doesn't really do that.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
What team pays their 3rd liners 3.3 million each?

Anyways, he's not ridiculously overpaid by any means, and I'd consider him a second liner not a third liner. He just takes up a spot in the top 6 that could be better served by other players. He's not the greatest 3rd liner as you expect 3rd liners to bring lots of energy and enthusiasm and play more of a checking role. Bourque doesn't really do that.
Kopecky,Vermette, Armstrong are all around the same price range.

But get your point in that a 3rd line is suppose to bring energy, but if you look at how MTL forward group is shaping out for next season, I think they moving towards having 3 scoring lines, and a 4th line, as opposed to the traditional 2 scoring lines, shut-down line and a 4th line. Kinda what Boston has, and a perfect example from Boston is Rich Peverley, who is going to be making 3.25M starting next season.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Camma is a match made in heaven for the Flames,

he can help sink the ship faster so the club can rebuild.
hey at least we have a ship still. Our club hasn't been without one for more then a decade like some teams

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:46 PM
BiBoFro*

Michael Frolik, Jeremy Morin + 3rd round pick 2013

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
sparxx87

I would take him if I can have an 'A' on my jersey?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
number72

Yep - love the habs fans on here. Good we got rid of Cammy because we have other high salary players like Gnomez that can step in.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
For Flame fans: Is the one pt in 3 games indicative of Cammy's play, or has he played better than when he was on the Habs, but just hasn't been going in for him?
He's scored 1/3 of the Flames' regulation goals in those three games though. Plus the shootout winner last night, and has been playing with a bit of an edge too.

Looks like the Squid I remember.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:32 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
So if the rumors of PG not shopping Cammalleri are true, I'm curious to what other kinds of packages your team would have offered to the Habs.

Would there have been teams willing to offer a 1st +? I know there were all kinds of threads before he got traded and nobody was too keen on him, just curious if anyone out there felt that their GM "missed the boat" on Cammy.
Habs were lucky to move that contract. I looked up Cammalleri's numbers since the trade. He hasn't improved any, 5 games, 1 point and a -4.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Habs were lucky to move that contract. I looked up Cammalleri's numbers since the trade. He hasn't improved any, 5 games, 1 point and a -4.
The one think that I noticed about Cammy this year is that he's very tentative to go in the corners (even more so) or to initiate any contact at all. I'm wondering if he isn't damaged goods...

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
The one think that I noticed about Cammy this year is that he's very tentative to go in the corners (even more so) or to initiate any contact at all. I'm wondering if he isn't damaged goods...
There's a couple of theories on that:

- he was nursing an injury
- he wanted out and became even softer when he found out he was being shopped so as to not risk an injury that would derail the deal

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
LeX4cavalier

7th round pick 2059

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
CaptainCrunch67

With Bourque you really have to take the good with the bad. He's a big player that can score big goals and dominate on the ice, he can kill penalties and be the body in front on powerplays..

When he wants to be, for the other 50 games

he's lazy, dangerous, costs his teams wins, refuses to come back on the back check and then sits on the bench with a pouty look on his face.

The real judgement will come when he struggles, it seems that Montreal fans are a lot more critical and short on patience then Flames fans.

And Bourque doesn't like negative critism.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Yes, because 5 games = habs win. 5 games where Cammy has been a consistent scoring threat everytime hes on the ice, gives his all every shift, and has played with a nasty edge.. Hes getting chances left and right, odds are, him and Iggy are set to explode with the way they've been buzzing.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Yes, because 5 games = habs win. 5 games where Cammy has been a consistent scoring threat everytime hes on the ice, gives his all every shift, and has played with a nasty edge.. Hes getting chances left and right, odds are, him and Iggy are set to explode with the way they've been buzzing.
I have not seen Cammy played with the Flames yet. But if you consider the one timer from the faceoff circles to the goalie's chest as good scoring chances then Cammy got a lot of those in Montreal.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:00 PM
mytor4*

All i can say the deal is working out great for the Habs.
Bourque 5 Games 2 goals 1 assist and a +1 while
Cam 5 games 1 goal ,0 assist and a -5.
All this and we're not even talking about how good Bourque has been playing away from the puck.
Right now the Habs are running away with this trade.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
With Bourque you really have to take the good with the bad. He's a big player that can score big goals and dominate on the ice, he can kill penalties and be the body in front on powerplays..

When he wants to be, for the other 50 games

he's lazy, dangerous, costs his teams wins, refuses to come back on the back check and then sits on the bench with a pouty look on his face.

The real judgement will come when he struggles, it seems that Montreal fans are a lot more critical and short on patience then Flames fans.

And Bourque doesn't like negative critism.
Sound like Cammy with the exception of Cammy isn't big,and can't dominate on the ice.
This deal just gets better with each passing day

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:26 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I have not seen Cammy played with the Flames yet. But if you consider the one timer from the faceoff circles to the goalie's chest as good scoring chances then Cammy got a lot of those in Montreal.
Nope, im talking about hitting the post multiple times, busting out on breakaways, and setting up great plays. Thanks for coming out though.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote