HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[CBJ/MTL] Mike Blunden for Ryan Russell (July 2011)

Old
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Andros777

vCash: 500
This is the second time someone has fooled me with this Blunden traded ****.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
It did not occur to me that you might be talking about their skating styles. Though to be fair, that was not clear in your previous post. I apologize for being rude.

I was talking in terms of role. Wondering whether Blunden has enough upside to eventually fill a Kosto type role - not whether the physical mechanics of his play are similar.
It's not just skating style, though. Like I said, it's about how they play the game in general, in all zones, and size/way they use it. I think I've gone on at length about all that stuff everywhere I've touched on the comparison, but no worries.

Without getting into the vague realm of "upside" too much, I could definitely see Blunden being used in the same "role" T. Kost. was. Kostopoulos played pretty well with Lapierre and Latendresse, and I think Blunden would make an even better compliment to a line like that. Kosto was also occasionally thrown onto higher lines for his work ethic/defense. I don't know about trying the same thing with Blunden at this point. I think he'd be exposed too much defensively against top line opposition compared to T.Kost, but I think he'd be able to contribute/create more offensively than he did. Feels kinda funny saying that though, as Kostopoulos was definitely the bigger scorer in the minors. Just one of those things, I guess.

I don't think there's really a big difference in their overall "calibre" to be honest, but in certain team comps I could see a bigger guy with better hands/offensive instincts and similar work ethic adding more to the bottom of the depth chart where these guys should be. Really liked T.Kost, though, and his consistency is definitely a point in his favour.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
MarkovsKnee

According to MAG, Blunden has his own apartment in Montreal now. It looks like he's here to stay. A solid 4th liner. I liked this trade from the start. We needed a guy like him who brings size, speed and willingness to be physical on the forecheck on the 4th line, especially with White out all year.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
me too.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
According to MAG, Blunden has his own apartment in Montreal now. It looks like he's here to stay. A solid 4th liner. I liked this trade from the start. We needed a guy like him who brings size, speed and willingness to be physical on the forecheck on the 4th line, especially with White out all year.
good to hear , he is a great fit with the team

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
White could be back by Thursday.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I've heard a few people say this, but is there an actual link to back it up? Not that I don't believe you, but I'd love to read more on it if I can.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've heard a few people say this, but is there an actual link to back it up? Not that I don't believe you, but I'd love to read more on it if I can.
it's on tsn video player

its on the 2nd page at tsn.ca/nhl and it's called "at the crossroads" john lu says it at the end is where i saw it

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
it's on tsn video players

its on the 2nd page at tsn.ca/nhl and it's called "at a crossroads" john lu says it at the end is where i saw it
awesome. Thanks. Explains why I haven't seen an article link.

Also, I can change the title of this thread to ' The blunden thread' or something, but that might confuse people going back to read up on the trade reaction. We could also start a new one. Up to you guys.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:59 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
While I like all four guys, the Canadiens lineup with Blunden + White >>> Canadiens lineup with Darche + Nokelainen. The first two can do everything the latter two do, but with more physicality, youth and aggressiveness. I'm assuming this is how things would play out in a world without injuries.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Yeah it's getting old

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:

Also, I can change the title of this thread to ' The blunden thread' or something, but that might confuse people going back to read up on the trade reaction. We could also start a new one. Up to you guys.
Yeah, I think the thread title should be changed to the Blunden thread. It's far less confusing that way. lol

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

The date is clearly in the title right now, so I think that should suffice. Low reading comprehension skills and knee jerk reactions are realities here, and I see no need to take something already easy to understand and tailor it further for those afflicted.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote