HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nicklas Grossman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2012, 05:19 PM
  #1
ephmrl
#tanknation
 
ephmrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Nicklas Grossman

Just interested in hearing from Stars fans on what his value is. Seems to be a good defensive defenseman in the prime of his career. Any chance he could get moved at the deadline to a team such as Vancouver who needs more depth on D, and if so what would it cost?

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
  #2
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 157
I'd ask for a 1st. Slight overpayment, but other teams will beat you out if this isn't what you guys offer.

That, or a good prospect. Like Schroeder, I guess, but preferably someone else.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
  #3
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
id be happy with an early 2nd but I dont see many teams that will pick in that range as having a need. Maybe a late 2nd and a 5th since Dallas has had so much luck in that range lately.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
  #4
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,422
vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Even after entertaining offers of RAymond and Ballard for Morrow and Robidas, I don't think we'll be negotiating with Vancouver any time soon.

I'd still ask for a first for Grossman.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
  #5
WhoahNow
Registered User
 
WhoahNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
I'd be asking for a late first, would be happy with a 2nd and a low end prospect, would be really happy with a mid/high end center prospect.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
  #6
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Even after entertaining offers of RAymond and Ballard for Morrow and Robidas, I don't think we'll be negotiating with Vancouver any time soon.

I'd still ask for a first for Grossman.
I understand that a 1st is what Star fans would like to see, but I think that is highly unlikely. I like Grossman, and am one of the people that asked about perceived value for a trade to the Canucks, but a 1st round pick for Grossman is more then the market would indicate. Grossman is a true stay-at-home guy with a career high 12 point season. He doesn't play on the PP at all, and is 3rd on his own team for SH TOI, and he's an upcoming UFA. If the Stars can't get him locked up prior to the TDL then they need to move him for something.

Recent comparable NHL trades would be, B. Allen to the Canes for UFA to be forward Samsonov, Brewer for a 3rd and Prospect, Ian White for a 2nd, Staios for Aaron Johnson and a 3rd, Alberts for a 3rd, Jurcina for a 6th and a conditional pick, Seidenberg for Weller, Bitz and a 2nd, Skoula for a 5th, Morris for a Conditional pick, Sutton for a 2nd, Grebeshkov for a 2nd, Leopold for a 2nd. In fact in the past 2/3 years I can't think of a single D man that recieved a 1st round pick at the deadline.

If Dallas does trade Grossman I think they should be happy with a 2nd and average at best prospect.

From the Nucks I would go as high as Schroeder, but I wouldn't give up a 1st in this draft for him.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
  #7
Luwongo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I understand that a 1st is what Star fans would like to see, but I think that is highly unlikely. I like Grossman, and am one of the people that asked about perceived value for a trade to the Canucks, but a 1st round pick for Grossman is more then the market would indicate. Grossman is a true stay-at-home guy with a career high 12 point season. He doesn't play on the PP at all, and is 3rd on his own team for SH TOI, and he's an upcoming UFA. If the Stars can't get him locked up prior to the TDL then they need to move him for something.

Recent comparable NHL trades would be, B. Allen to the Canes for UFA to be forward Samsonov, Brewer for a 3rd and Prospect, Ian White for a 2nd, Staios for Aaron Johnson and a 3rd, Alberts for a 3rd, Jurcina for a 6th and a conditional pick, Seidenberg for Weller, Bitz and a 2nd, Skoula for a 5th, Morris for a Conditional pick, Sutton for a 2nd, Grebeshkov for a 2nd, Leopold for a 2nd. In fact in the past 2/3 years I can't think of a single D man that recieved a 1st round pick at the deadline.

If Dallas does trade Grossman I think they should be happy with a 2nd and average at best prospect.

From the Nucks I would go as high as Schroeder, but I wouldn't give up a 1st in this draft for him.
....GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! lol couldn't have said it ANY better

Luwongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
  #8
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwongo View Post
....GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! lol couldn't have said it ANY better
They say great minds think alike

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
  #9
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,786
vCash: 475
Wait ... you think Grossman is worth Schroeder?

... several other Canucks fans seem pleased with the idea about Raymond + a first for Morrow?

... so that means some people would be OK for Morrow + Grossman for Raymond + Schroeder + 1st round pick?

That just seems like a lot. I doubt this is too realistic, but this would be something I can't imagine Dallas walking away from.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM
  #10
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Wait ... you think Grossman is worth Schroeder?

... several other Canucks fans seem pleased with the idea about Raymond + a first for Morrow?

... so that means some people would be OK for Morrow + Grossman for Raymond + Schroeder + 1st round pick?

That just seems like a lot. I doubt this is too realistic, but this would be something I can't imagine Dallas walking away from.
I'm not one of the people who would be happy with Raymond and a 1st for Morrow, we need to keep our 1st this year. We have a very shallow prospect pool and this is a deep draft. I would be willing to part with Schroeder because I think his size will be very limiting in the NHL. I know people point to St. Louis as a success story, but there are 10000000000 didn't work out for every MSL.

If I was Gillis I'd start with a 2nd, if the price was pushed up I would counter with a 2nd and a 4th, I would reluctantly do Schroeder for Grossman and a conditional pick in the 3rd range if Grossman didn't resign.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:35 AM
  #11
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,588
vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
What's Grossman's contract like and how's his skating?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
  #12
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
What's Grossman's contract like and how's his skating?
Rental. Not bad, but he's never been very fast. He has been not good this year. Had 2 or 3 good games going into the all-star break though.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:45 AM
  #13
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,109
vCash: 500
2nd + Bickell/Frolik

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.