HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Weight gets 4 games

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 08:14 AM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Man, just when you think the thread was dead.....

I just made those statements because what was being said was just rediculous. The guy lost a tooth and recieved stitches in a hockey game. Wow! Where is this game heading if players have to start apologizing? I thought all the kids were getting desensitized by video games and rap music. Apparently its the opposite. What it comes down to is players are being held less accountable for their actions year after year. Sedin was hooking , clutching, grabbing, and finally trying to trip weight. Weight did what every player from the 20's to the 90's would have done. Maybe not as direct like a shot to the head(which is still debatable if it was intended or not), but he would have been stapled some how. Resulting in fighter handling weight. But this is how the league is now. Players dont police themselves anymore. And the reffing is horrible anymore, so this is how things are handled. The league even told pleau that this would have been a 1 game suspension last season if at all. Sedin was held accountable for his actions by weight, weight was held accountable for his actions by the league. Its how things work, Its over.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Man, just when you think the thread was dead.....

I just made those statements because what was being said was just rediculous. The guy lost a tooth and recieved stitches in a hockey game. Wow! Where is this game heading if players have to start apologizing? I thought all the kids were getting desensitized by video games and rap music. Apparently its the opposite. What it comes down to is players are being held less accountable for their actions year after year. Sedin was hooking , clutching, grabbing, and finally trying to trip weight. Weight did what every player from the 20's to the 90's would have done. Maybe not as direct like a shot to the head(which is still debatable if it was intended or not), but he would have been stapled some how. Resulting in fighter handling weight. But this is how the league is now. Players dont police themselves anymore. And the reffing is horrible anymore, so this is how things are handled. The league even told pleau that this would have been a 1 game suspension last season if at all. Sedin was held accountable for his actions by weight, weight was held accountable for his actions by the league. Its how things work, Its over.
The thread won't die if you keep resurrecting it.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:09 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
The thread won't die if you keep resurrecting it.

Yeah, I know. But it was back to the top, so I figured what the hell.

Closed Thread