HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At least there aren't shootouts in the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
sadly, no.

he applied for the Associate Stanchion Engineer (ASE) job last year, but was not qualified. However, since then he has taken a Stanchion Prep Course at Cornell and interned under one of the best in the business- Michael “The Stanch” Stanchenmeyers. I feel like he’s ready to go, but he’ll probably start out working the minor league stanchions until he gets into a groove.
Why not go work at the Pebble? Can't possibly do any worse than whoever is in charge of them there.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:54 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why not go work at the Pebble? Can't possibly do any worse than whoever is in charge of them there.
You’d think so, but he’s has some bumbling errors over the years. I remember once, in 1996, he tethered on end of the rope in its designated spot on the pole, and the other he secured to a baby. That got messy. Sometimes he ties the stanchion rope to the pole like a shoelace, instead of ‘clicking’ it in securely.

Besides, I think he prefers working the minor leagues for now. Whenever Hartford comes to town, it gives him a great chance to see some NHL-ers.

EDIT- and please…say whatever you want about the Debbies, or my dad, or the fans…just don’t disrespect the stanchion workers at The Pebble. It really cuts me to my core. I’m not sure what constitutes “flaming” but usually mentioning arena workers will get you perma-banned. Just don’t do it.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
You’d think so, but he’s has some bumbling errors over the years. I remember once, in 1996, he tethered on end of the rope in its designated spot on the pole, and the other he secured to a baby. That got messy. Sometimes he ties the stanchion rope to the pole like a shoelace, instead of ‘clicking’ it in securely.

Besides, I think he prefers working the minor leagues for now. Whenever Hartford comes to town, it gives him a great chance to see some NHL-ers.

EDIT- and please…say whatever you want about the Debbies, or my dad, or the fans…just don’t disrespect the stanchion workers at The Pebble. It really cuts me to my core. I’m not sure what constitutes “flaming” but usually mentioning arena workers will get you perma-banned. Just don’t do it.
Ok. Let's see what this gets me:

The stanchion workers at the Pebble suck at life and do a horrible job at the bankrupt arena!!!! Stanchion workers suck! Stanchion workers suck!

Old
02-01-2012, 08:05 AM
pld459666

I'm just glad they are placing more emphasis on Regulation and Overtime wins this year so that the team that has 15 Shootout wins doesn't really see the benefit of those gimmick wins.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yeah! Let's play three one-dimensional offensive players that barely produce in that one dimension for a gimmick!

I don't even care about shootout losses in regards to team play. They piss me off because when we end a game like this with a gimmick, it feels ruined. Even with a win.
I agree. It's still a crappy feeling when they lose, but if it's tied after 65 minutes, I'm OK with that. Shootout needs to go the way of the two line pass.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Shootouts are the only reason players like EC can have any hope of being in an NHL line up.

Old
02-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
That same bounce went against the Devils so many times the past few years. Both teams play with the same boards.

And yes, that was the biggest win of the season for the Devils. Beating the first place team when you're on the bubble is a massive confidence booster.

One things for sure, though. Anyone that claims that are was boring needs their head checked. I have to say though, the Rangers didn't look like they were playing up to the physical level of the Devils. Volchenkov and Kovalchuk laid massive hits on Richards and Anisimov and didn't have to pay a thing for it.
Rupp (Clarkson) and Boyle (Larsson) say hi (not to mention Callahan's hits). Because it was a close game, I don't think either team could afford the retaliation penalty. It took a few minutes before this game heated up but I think both teams brought the physical play.

It was a shame the game was tied on a bad bounce but hockey is full of bad bounces. Sometimes they work for you, sometimes they don't.

As for the SO being a gimmick, I would agree but it is what it is. The Rangers made a living out of this gimmick for a few years that got them into the playoffs. Now that they are in a better position, we can't look at it and say it isn't fair.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
dfine06

Hey. We got a point with our backup in net (who is an amazing backup) they got a lucky bounce. We move on. Dont forget about last years last game devils fans.

Destroyed you then when it mattered and will do it again this year. Wait till you come to MSG.

I was at the game last night and felt like i was at the garden. More rangers fans then devils fans. No passion there.

dfine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Ok. Let's see what this gets me:

The stanchion workers at the Pebble suck at life and do a horrible job at the bankrupt arena!!!! Stanchion workers suck! Stanchion workers suck!
You, sir, have been reported. To the fine folks at HFBoards. To the NSAA (National Stanchion Association of America). To the ISST (International Stanchion Standards Team). To the United States Army Rangers. To the person in the cubicle next to me.

You will regret your actions, my good sir. You have offended me. Your punishment will be swift and severe.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
You, sir, have been reported. To the fine folks at HFBoards. To the NSAA (National Stanchion Association of America). To the ISST (International Stanchion Standards Team). To the United States Army Rangers. To the person in the cubicle next to me.

You will regret your actions, my good sir. You have offended me. Your punishment will be swift and severe.
Oh damn. This just got serious.

Old
02-01-2012, 10:23 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm just glad they are placing more emphasis on Regulation and Overtime wins this year so that the team that has 15 Shootout wins doesn't really see the benefit of those gimmick wins.
but they do because if they make the playoffs by 1 point it will be because of those extra 15 points. Dunno why they don't go with a 3 pt win system to accurately spread the wealth

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:01 AM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
I hope not. I hope they go .500 they rest of the way and meet in the deep rounds. This tri-state area needs it.
I hope you aren't Mayan!

vonbonds is offline   Reply With Quote