HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
  #1
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Artem Anisimov

It's not my intention to have this come off as reactionary. It has nothing to do with the bad penalty AA took last night. The fact is, I feel the team is at a crossroads with this guy. 0 points in his last 16 games played. Relegated to the fourth line. And I don't see any change in attitude, compete level or any real sense of urgency in the guy. He has not risen to any challenge but, instead has wilted.

So what's the deal with this guy? How long can he stay in Torts' good graces? Or the lineup for that matter?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
  #2
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not my intention to have this come off as reactionary. It has nothing to do with the bad penalty AA took last night. The fact is, I feel the team is at a crossroads with this guy. 0 points in his last 16 games played. Relegated to the fourth line. And I don't see any change in attitude, compete level or any real sense of urgency in the guy. He has not risen to any challenge but, instead has wilted.

So what's the deal with this guy?
Not reactionary at all. In fact, Im glad someone started a thread on it. He has been a black hole on whatever line hes been on for the better part of 2 months.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:32 AM
  #3
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,202
vCash: 500
Maybe send him to a conditioning stint with the Whale? Maybe playing against lower competition and scoring a few goals will help him regain his confidence?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
  #4
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
If they can move him for an upgrade I do it. But I have felt that way for a long time. He doesn't fit in with a grinding team.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
  #5
Reijo R
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
I just KNEW Artie would get his own thread today. Fact is, I too am down on him. Terrible, terrible penalty, and for a guy with his talent, going 16-17 games without a point is mindboggling. I'm no longer against dealing this guy, as I'm pretty sure he'll never reach the peak we all had hoped for (65-75 points). That being said, I don't want to see him given away for nothing, but I wouldn't mind if he was packaged in a deal for a better player.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  #6
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,576
vCash: 500
I agree Singn. He'd be the first one out of the lineup right now if they want to give WW or EC some time.

I think the biggest thing is his compete level. He just seems to coast. I know his game is like that but he always seems to play better when he is going to the net with the puck. I think he is lacking confidence as well.

Also, I don't think that was a penalty on him last night.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  #7
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Maybe send him to a conditioning stint with the Whale? Maybe playing against lower competition and scoring a few goals will help him regain his confidence?
Hard to rationalize a conditioning stint when he's playing game in and game out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:36 AM
  #8
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hard to rationalize a conditioning stint when he's playing game in and game out.
Agreed.

And AHL competition may just cause him to coast more and play softer, if thats even possible at this point.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
  #9
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hard to rationalize a conditioning stint when he's playing game in and game out.
Does there have to be a reason to send players on a conditioning stint? Will the NHL not allow certain players to go on a conditioning stint?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
  #10
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not my intention to have this come off as reactionary. It has nothing to do with the bad penalty AA took last night. The fact is, I feel the team is at a crossroads with this guy. 0 points in his last 16 games played. Relegated to the fourth line. And I don't see any change in attitude, compete level or any real sense of urgency in the guy. He has not risen to any challenge but, instead has wilted.

So what's the deal with this guy? How long can he stay in Torts' good graces? Or the lineup for that matter?
I am not sure.

Maybe he will be part of a bigger trade?

I am fed up with him... everything you said above encapsulates exactly how I feel about him.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
  #11
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
I've been a big supporter of the kid for a long time, but I too am quite disappointed with his compete level and the recent disappearing act. It may very well be time to dangle him and see who bites.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
  #12
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
What time is it?
Pack line
What time is it?
Pack line
Any wolves in the house?
Woof Woof Woof Woof

The pack line will be together come playoff time, you can lock it up.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:48 AM
  #13
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
I'm not trying to make excuses for AA, but when was the last time he saw meaningful minutes on the PP? As bad as our PP has been, I've seen Torts roll out Rupp and Mitchell at times to get things going, but not Anisimov. What gives? The issue I see is that AA takes a lot of time to get off his shot, but when he does get it off he can absolutely snipe. Wouldn't that tend to work better with a little extra time and space on the PP?

Is he struggling because he hasn't been put in a position to succeed (playing with grinders) or because he's hit a wall in his development? I feel the answer lies somewhere in between the two, as I recall him having success in the past with Prust on a grind line. Seems as though his confidence is down and has been since early in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
What time is it?
Pack line
What time is it?
Pack line
Any wolves in the house?
Woof Woof Woof Woof

The pack line will be together come playoff time, you can lock it up.
I wholeheartedly agree with this... Our lines have lacked chemistry and the ones that worked need to be brought back together.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
  #14
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Anisimov might not be around come playoff time.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  #15
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Agree 100% with OP. Incredibly disappointing, to say the least.

That being said, there is no way I would move him for a rental like Smyth or Ruutu. Before this slump he had 22 points in 31 games, a 50+ point pace, so the potential is there. Trading him for someone who is gone after the season would be retarded.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
  #16
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
The biggest problem I see with Anisimov is that his offensive game has not improved one bit from last season. He still takes way too long to release his wrist shot. His skating is well below par. If you breathe on this guy he falls down. If he can be packaged for a top 6 goal scoring winger, you do it without looking back.


Last edited by McDonaghisGod: 02-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
  #17
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Agree 100% with OP. Incredibly disappointing, to say the least.

That being said, there is no way I would move him for a rental like Smyth or Ruutu. Before this slump he had 22 points in 31 games, a 50+ point pace, so the potential is there. Trading him for someone who is gone after the season would be retarded.
Exactly.

If he's going to be part of a trade, it better not be for a rental.

If we trade for Ryan (there it is), then I say he would be a piece.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
  #18
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
What time is it?
Pack line
What time is it?
Pack line
Any wolves in the house?
Woof Woof Woof Woof

The pack line will be together come playoff time, you can lock it up.
What has AA done to warrant getting time with Dubinsky and Callahan?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:56 AM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
I just KNEW Artie would get his own thread today. Fact is, I too am down on him. Terrible, terrible penalty, and for a guy with his talent, going 16-17 games without a point is mindboggling. I'm no longer against dealing this guy, as I'm pretty sure he'll never reach the peak we all had hoped for (65-75 points). That being said, I don't want to see him given away for nothing, but I wouldn't mind if he was packaged in a deal for a better player.
I could have started this thread at any point of the last 10 days or so. It's not just his lack of production it's his entire demeanor on the ice and the fact that he's playing passionless hockey.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
  #20
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I am all for trading AA.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
  #21
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I've been a big supporter of the kid for a long time, but I too am quite disappointed with his compete level and the recent disappearing act. It may very well be time to dangle him and see who bites.
Not sure dealing him when his value is this low is the best course of action.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:58 AM
  #22
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Cue the: NO TRADING DA YOUTS people sooner or later.

Or is AA no longer a yout? Is he too old to be a yout?

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
  #23
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I'm not trying to make excuses for AA, but when was the last time he saw meaningful minutes on the PP? As bad as our PP has been, I've seen Torts roll out Rupp and Mitchell at times to get things going, but not Anisimov. What gives? The issue I see is that AA takes a lot of time to get off his shot, but when he does get it off he can absolutely snipe. Wouldn't that tend to work better with a little extra time and space on the PP?

Is he struggling because he hasn't been put in a position to succeed (playing with grinders) or because he's hit a wall in his development? I feel the answer lies somewhere in between the two, as I recall him having success in the past with Prust on a grind line. Seems as though his confidence is down and has been since early in the season.
It's simple. He hasn't earned PP time. You can knock Rupp and Mitchell getting PP time (even though they have been more productive than AA recently) but they have played hard. And that seems to be all that Torts asks for. PP time should be a reward. Along the same lines, he's playing with grinders because he hasn't earned more ice time.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
  #24
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Cue the: NO TRADING DA YOUTS people sooner or later.

Or is AA no longer a yout? Is he too old to be a yout?
Did you say yout?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:01 AM
  #25
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Did you say yout?
Yes.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.