HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
  #1
Jas0x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Olli Jokinen

Can the Flames get anything decent in return for the vet?

Jas0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM
  #2
DBU
All You Can Do
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,029
vCash: 50
They could, but they likely won't. Not if they're making a push for the playoffs. Otherwise, Joker could likely get a 2nd, maybe even a 1st if a bidding war were to occur.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
  #3
DropIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Worth much more to Calgary then what people here will rate him. I wouldnt move him without a 1st round pick coming back, or at the very least a 2nd round pick and a close-to NHL ready prospect

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM
  #4
Oblivion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
I think he gets dumped on a lot on these boards, but he's generally been a good fit with the Flames since he "came back". I don't foresee Flames management moving him.

If they were going to blow it up, I could see him getting at least a 2nd rounder as a rental.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
  #5
SvenBartschi27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
If they trade him they will just trade back for him anyway, but i think we could bring a 20-30th overall pick or an early second

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  #6
Northern Heat
Registered User
 
Northern Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Flames could fetch a decent return. He's at his best in years. I didn't have a lot of optimism this year regarding Joker but he's done well.

I do wonder though if his heart is truly in it now (I hope) or if he's doing well because it's a contract year...?

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
  #7
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
I would imagine that given all the past issues about Jokinen being a locker-room cancer (which many or may not be true), that his value is somewhere in the 2nd round range of the 2013 draft... or a 3rd or 4th and a mid-prospect...

He could be higher and in the 1st round, but this draft is pretty darn good, can't really see GM's just throwing away 1st's and 2nd's like they normally do.

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
  #8
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I would imagine that given all the past issues about Jokinen being a locker-room cancer (which many or may not be true), that his value is somewhere in the 2nd round range of the 2013 draft... or a 3rd or 4th and a mid-prospect...

He could be higher and in the 1st round, but this draft is pretty darn good, can't really see GM's just throwing away 1st's and 2nd's like they normally do.
Jokinen being a 'locker room cancer' is the farthest thing from reality. The guy is a team player, it's well known, and has been playing with his heart on his sleeve. He's been one of the best characters for the Flames on and off the ice.

This Jokinen / cancer thing really has to stop.

Oh, and there's no way his value is as low as a '3rd or 4th and a mid-prospect'. That's just ridiculous.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:58 AM
  #9
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I would imagine that given all the past issues about Jokinen being a locker-room cancer (which many or may not be true), that his value is somewhere in the 2nd round range of the 2013 draft... or a 3rd or 4th and a mid-prospect...

He could be higher and in the 1st round, but this draft is pretty darn good, can't really see GM's just throwing away 1st's and 2nd's like they normally do.
Next year is supposedly deep as well. And GMs will pay to make their team better regardless of the draft year. Why did Ottawa accumulate so many picks last season if it was deemed "weak"?

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:01 AM
  #10
Paladin2799
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Connoly+2nd 2013+Holzer

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:41 AM
  #11
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Jokinen being a 'locker room cancer' is the farthest thing from reality. The guy is a team player, it's well known, and has been playing with his heart on his sleeve. He's been one of the best characters for the Flames on and off the ice.

This Jokinen / cancer thing really has to stop.

Oh, and there's no way his value is as low as a '3rd or 4th and a mid-prospect'. That's just ridiculous.
did you happen to see my "which may or may not be true" comment?

my reasoning for 3rd and a mid-prospect is given his UFA status, the current draft being the best in years that the a mid 2nd pick is essentially a low 1st this year in terms of talent... that assessment is realistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Next year is supposedly deep as well. And GMs will pay to make their team better regardless of the draft year. Why did Ottawa accumulate so many picks last season if it was deemed "weak"?
True, GM's will pay, but with the draft being deeper picks in the 1st and 2nd round are more valuable in the long run...

not sure why ottawa got picks last year! Maybe because teams wouldn't give them picks in the '12 draft...

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
  #12
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
did you happen to see my "which may or may not be true" comment?

my reasoning for 3rd and a mid-prospect is given his UFA status, the current draft being the best in years that the a mid 2nd pick is essentially a low 1st this year in terms of talent... that assessment is realistic!
Jokinen is playing like a #1 centre, and would be a great addition to anyone's top six going into the playoffs. Despite your reasoning, he's not going to fetch such a small return. Domenic Moore fetched a 2nd a couple years ago, Jokinen is 5x the player Moore is. If the return is a *laughable* 3rd or 4th and a prospect, Calgary won't move him, it's that simple.

Prices go up at the deadline, it's been happening for years. Don't expect this year to be any different. Some of the prices being paid in recent years have been quite hefty. Jokinen is no slouch.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  #13
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
did you happen to see my "which may or may not be true" comment?

my reasoning for 3rd and a mid-prospect is given his UFA status, the current draft being the best in years that the a mid 2nd pick is essentially a low 1st this year in terms of talent... that assessment is realistic!



True, GM's will pay, but with the draft being deeper picks in the 1st and 2nd round are more valuable in the long run...

not sure why ottawa got picks last year! Maybe because teams wouldn't give them picks in the '12 draft...
Fun fact: 2011 late 1st/2nd >2012 late 1st/2nd

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
  #14
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Jokinen is playing like a #1 centre, and would be a great addition to anyone's top six going into the playoffs. Despite your reasoning, he's not going to fetch such a small return. Domenic Moore fetched a 2nd a couple years ago, Jokinen is 5x the player Moore is. If the return is a *laughable* 3rd or 4th and a prospect, Calgary won't move him, it's that simple.

Prices go up at the deadline, it's been happening for years. Don't expect this year to be any different. Some of the prices being paid in recent years have been quite hefty. Jokinen is no slouch.
I guess we'll see, if he is traded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Fun fact: 2011 late 1st/2nd >2012 late 1st/2nd
that's not a fact, it's an opinion, and a misguided one at that!

the expert analysts say the 2012 draft is better in the 1st 2 rounds then the 2011... so I am curious, where you are getting your "facts"?

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
  #15
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I guess we'll see, if he is traded...



that's not a fact, it's an opinion, and a misguided one at that!

the expert analysts say the 2012 draft is better in the 1st 2 rounds then the 2011... so I am curious, where you are getting your "facts"?
I suggest you read up about the draft rather than listen to crap spewed on these boards. The only high end of the 2012 draft is among the top end of the first. 2011 was much deeper in the 2nd round....

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:45 AM
  #16
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Asking price would be a 1st+decent prospect he is our number one center and loves the city so someone might have to over pay to get him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
  #17
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I guess we'll see, if he is traded...



that's not a fact, it's an opinion, and a misguided one at that!

the expert analysts say the 2012 draft is better in the 1st 2 rounds then the 2011... so I am curious, where you are getting your "facts"?
I've noticed in this thread that you always put exclamation points at the end of a faulty claim. Jokinen is worth easily a 2nd +, and the bottom half of the 2011 1st round, at least according to the people running the Ottawa Senators, was deeper than this years. This draft has better high end talent but it thins out after the top 5/10.


Last edited by Andre Benoit Bawls: 02-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
  #18
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Jokinen is worth a 1st from a contending team (which would put the pick in the bottom 1/3 or the round). He is a big bodied C - other then top pairing D, these guys seem to be the hardest to get. If Feaster decides to move his FA's Jokinen would be a pretty good target for quite a few teams.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM
  #19
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I've noticed in this thread that you always put exclamation points at the end of a faulty claim. Jokinen is worth easily a 2nd +, and the bottom half of the 2011 1st round, at least according to the people running the Ottawa Senators, was deeper than this years. This draft has better high end talent but it thins out after the top 5/10.
I wouldn't read too much into my use of the exclamation point! I use it all the time. Well mostly!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
  #20
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
I suggest you read up about the draft rather than listen to crap spewed on these boards. The only high end of the 2012 draft is among the top end of the first. 2011 was much deeper in the 2nd round....
I offered up what TSN, CS, and others have said and you suggest I don't read HFers... nice... thanks for assuming there daddyo... I think you and I are done discussing with your one-sided "facts".... well, at least, I am, feel free to type to yourself!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
  #21
Kader
Registered User
 
Kader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: C eh N eh D eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas0x View Post
Can the Flames get anything decent in return for the vet?
They could just trade him to a team (example: New York Rangers) and then when he under-performs, re-sign him again!


oh wait..... deja vu

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:32 PM
  #22
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
I'd give a 2nd for Olli.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
  #23
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
I'd give a 2nd for Olli.
Then you wouldn't be getting him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.