HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Idle musing on a Sunday afternoon

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Bagel

vCash: 500
Idle musing on a Sunday afternoon

Given that (1) the Sabres have depth at center with Roy, Gaustad and Connolly (somewhat) in the pipeline and (2) the Thrashers are thin at center, what could we legitimately offer for Braydon Coburn? He's a large young defenseman who I expect to be a number 1 (I even believe that he plays the right side).

Yes, I realize that the Sabres are focused on this year's playoffs and Drury is not a possibility...

Old
11-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Thrasherfan

The Thrashers aren't thin at C - they just have a hole until Savard comes back in a few weeks. Stefan is, at worst, a number 3 guy, and we have Jim Slater coming in next year who is better than any of the 3 guys you mentioned. The only area the Thrashers are week at is young impact defensemen, and there is no way we'll give up the one guy we have coming.

Old
11-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel
Given that (1) the Sabres have depth at center with Roy, Gaustad and Connolly (somewhat) in the pipeline and (2) the Thrashers are thin at center, what could we legitimately offer for Braydon Coburn? He's a large young defenseman who I expect to be a number 1 (I even believe that he plays the right side).

Yes, I realize that the Sabres are focused on this year's playoffs and Drury is not a possibility...
Buffalo doesn't have the requisite piece(s) to lure Atlanta into moving a guy like Braydon Coburn. Any deal involving him would likely have to feature an impact defenseman already mature to the NHL yet with much of his career in front of him (ala. Morris) and even then it would have to be a deal that fills one of Atlanta's needs if they're poised for an initial playoff run. If I'm Waddell, there is nothing the Sabres have that would interest me in moving one of if not <i>the</i> primary asset I have to make my team better in trade if I so choose.

Closed Thread