HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 11:37 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Markov skated again today...a little bit more time on the ice as well.

Old
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Markov skated again today...a little bit more time on the ice as well.
Seriously, who cares anymore about Markov for this year? Stay on the disabled list please, and return next year in top shape. Please!

Old
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Darche has only 2 more goals in 49 more games than the zamboni driver. Not to mention the zamboni driver provides an ice cleaning service and may bring other potential intangibles we don't know about.

Back on topic guys
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.

Old
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Seriously, who cares anymore about Markov for this year? Stay on the disabled list please, and return next year in top shape. Please!
Would the answer not be obvious?

The whole point of him returning this year is so we don't go into next year blind, hoping he is back and playing at a certain level but not knowing.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Would the answer not be obvious?

The whole point of him returning this year is so we don't go into next year blind, hoping he is back and playing at a certain level but not knowing.
I know the answer is obvious! Nevermind, I just hope the guy is as close to 100% as possible. No need to rush him or act like he'll save our chances of making the playoffs...

Old
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.
I'm pretty sure Overlords was throwing Darche under the zamboni, not the bus.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
I'd take the Zamboni too.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I know the answer is obvious! Nevermind, I just hope the guy is as close to 100% as possible. No need to rush him or act like he'll save our chances of making the playoffs...
Hahaha ! Statement of the year 2012 !

He hasnt played in a year. How the **** do you rush him.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

darche is useless !

Old
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
darche is useless !
Not completely. He is still a pretty good penalty killer. But yah, aside from that, he's been pretty brutal this year.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Hahaha ! Statement of the year 2012 !

He hasnt played in a year. How the **** do you rush him.
Didn't he have arthroscopic surgery a month or two ago?

Old
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Didn't he have arthroscopic surgery a month or two ago?
I don't believe it was just arthroscopic ! But hey who am i ?

Old
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
larek

Quote:
Darche he had a career season last- he will not come near that again

Old
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
Darche he had a career season last- he will not come near that again
if he isnt back next season- i wont even notice

Old
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
gusfring

Quote:
darche is useless !
Been saying this for a while. To go into this year with the 4th line they had planned, was one of many of PG's mistakes.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
If Markov doesn't play this year, then you enter next season with the exact same question.
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.
I'm afraid to find out the answer to that question because I think I already know...

Old
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm afraid to find out the answer to that question because I think I already know...
We need to know for sure though.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
If Markov doesn't play this year, then you enter next season with the exact same question.
We're better off just letting him heal.

As for knowing if he can take a hit or not, at this point it doesn't really matter. We're stuck with him anyway. What is watching him take a hit going to prove to us that we don't already know?
Quote:
We need to know for sure though.
We already know for sure. Just like we did coming into this season. He's a big injury risk. That's it. We need to be aware of this and plan accordingly.

Even if he comes back and plays really well and that knee holds up it changes nothing.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

As for knowing if he can take a hit or not, at this point it doesn't really matter. We're stuck with him anyway. What is watching him take a hit going to prove to us that we don't already know?

We already know for sure. Just like we did coming into this season. He's a big injury risk. That's it. We need to be aware of this and plan accordingly.

Even if he comes back and plays really well and that knee holds up it changes nothing.
He's been healed for 5 months, the issue has been being able to get in game shape and not have swelling in the knee, that's why they "cleaned it out".

Old
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
This!!!

Old
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
giovannicanella

Quote:
He's been healed for 5 months, the issue has been being able to get in game shape and not have swelling in the knee, that's why they "cleaned it out".
Correct. He did not start skating untill the muscles in and around the knee have grown enough to reduce strain on his ligament transplant...let us not forget his new ligament is a donation from a dead person...

Old
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Well, let them keep cleaning it. Seriously, no point messing with that knee right now. Just come back next year and we'll see where we stand.

He's an injury risk no matter what. Seeing him play in a dozen games this season won't change this. I'd rather they just let him take the time to get it ready for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Correct. He did not start skating untill the muscles in and around the knee have grown enough to reduce strain on his ligament transplant...let us not forget his new ligament is a donation from a dead person...
From a dead person? lol

I don't know why that strikes me as being funny but it just does.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Well, let them keep cleaning it. Seriously, no point messing with that knee right now. Just come back next year and we'll see where we stand.

He's an injury risk no matter what. Seeing him play in a dozen games this season won't change this. I'd rather they just let him take the time to get it ready for next year.
I think that's what they're thinking, which is why he went through the arthroscopic surgery in the first place. However, at this point, there's little else for him to do except start skating. I can't imagine there's anything more to be surgically done, so all that remains is rehab and getting back into game shape.

Quote:
From a dead person? lol

I don't know why that strikes me as being funny but it just does.
"Dead people can't play hockey! MARKOV'S DONE!" Rabble rabble rabble.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

If Markov gets cleared to play, then he's healed. No point in letting him heal past his healing point..
The guy needs playing time, if he's healed, there's no point in keeping him out.

Today he's a huge injury risk, heck, we still don't even know if he'll be able to continue his career.
If he gets cleared and is able to play 2months without suffering any damage, we don't need to worry as much. A depth signing would suffice.
If he doesn't get cleared, then he remains a huge question mark. A replacement would be needed.

Even if he remains a risk, at least if he plays 2months without any damage, then you at least know he should be ready by game 1 of next year and everything should be fine.
It does change your outlook imo.

Closed Thread