HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2012, 11:37 AM
  #201
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Markov skated again today...a little bit more time on the ice as well.

bishop12 is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
  #202
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Markov skated again today...a little bit more time on the ice as well.
Seriously, who cares anymore about Markov for this year? Stay on the disabled list please, and return next year in top shape. Please!

PhysicX is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
  #203
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Darche has only 2 more goals in 49 more games than the zamboni driver. Not to mention the zamboni driver provides an ice cleaning service and may bring other potential intangibles we don't know about.

Back on topic guys
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
  #204
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Seriously, who cares anymore about Markov for this year? Stay on the disabled list please, and return next year in top shape. Please!
Would the answer not be obvious?

The whole point of him returning this year is so we don't go into next year blind, hoping he is back and playing at a certain level but not knowing.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
  #205
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Would the answer not be obvious?

The whole point of him returning this year is so we don't go into next year blind, hoping he is back and playing at a certain level but not knowing.
I know the answer is obvious! Nevermind, I just hope the guy is as close to 100% as possible. No need to rush him or act like he'll save our chances of making the playoffs...

PhysicX is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
  #206
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.
I'm pretty sure Overlords was throwing Darche under the zamboni, not the bus.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
  #207
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.
I'd take the Zamboni too.

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
  #208
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I know the answer is obvious! Nevermind, I just hope the guy is as close to 100% as possible. No need to rush him or act like he'll save our chances of making the playoffs...
Hahaha ! Statement of the year 2012 !

He hasnt played in a year. How the **** do you rush him.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
  #209
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
darche is useless !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
  #210
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
darche is useless !
Not completely. He is still a pretty good penalty killer. But yah, aside from that, he's been pretty brutal this year.

Andy is online now  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
  #211
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Hahaha ! Statement of the year 2012 !

He hasnt played in a year. How the **** do you rush him.
Didn't he have arthroscopic surgery a month or two ago?

PhysicX is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
  #212
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Didn't he have arthroscopic surgery a month or two ago?
I don't believe it was just arthroscopic ! But hey who am i ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
  #213
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I know it's more fun to throw our players under the bus than praise them, but Darche put up 12 goals in 59 games last year with 4th line minutes plus he kills penalities and is reliable defensively. Obviously he hasn't been to that level this year, but calling him useless(unless it was sarcastically) shows a lack of knowledge.
Darche he had a career season last- he will not come near that again

larek is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
  #214
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
Darche he had a career season last- he will not come near that again
if he isnt back next season- i wont even notice

larek is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
  #215
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
darche is useless !
Been saying this for a while. To go into this year with the 4th line they had planned, was one of many of PG's mistakes.

gusfring is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
  #216
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Seriously, who cares anymore about Markov for this year? Stay on the disabled list please, and return next year in top shape. Please!
If Markov doesn't play this year, then you enter next season with the exact same question.
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
  #217
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.
I'm afraid to find out the answer to that question because I think I already know...

Tuggy is online now  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
  #218
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm afraid to find out the answer to that question because I think I already know...
We need to know for sure though.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
  #219
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If Markov doesn't play this year, then you enter next season with the exact same question.
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.
We're better off just letting him heal.

As for knowing if he can take a hit or not, at this point it doesn't really matter. We're stuck with him anyway. What is watching him take a hit going to prove to us that we don't already know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We need to know for sure though.
We already know for sure. Just like we did coming into this season. He's a big injury risk. That's it. We need to be aware of this and plan accordingly.

Even if he comes back and plays really well and that knee holds up it changes nothing.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
  #220
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We're better off just letting him heal.

As for knowing if he can take a hit or not, at this point it doesn't really matter. We're stuck with him anyway. What is watching him take a hit going to prove to us that we don't already know?

We already know for sure. Just like we did coming into this season. He's a big injury risk. That's it. We need to be aware of this and plan accordingly.

Even if he comes back and plays really well and that knee holds up it changes nothing.
He's been healed for 5 months, the issue has been being able to get in game shape and not have swelling in the knee, that's why they "cleaned it out".

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
  #221
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If Markov doesn't play this year, then you enter next season with the exact same question.
If he gets to play in the last 2months, at least it'll give you an idea whether or not he can take a hit.
This!!!

habs03 is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
  #222
giovannicanella
Registered User
 
giovannicanella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
He's been healed for 5 months, the issue has been being able to get in game shape and not have swelling in the knee, that's why they "cleaned it out".
Correct. He did not start skating untill the muscles in and around the knee have grown enough to reduce strain on his ligament transplant...let us not forget his new ligament is a donation from a dead person...

giovannicanella is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
  #223
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's been healed for 5 months, the issue has been being able to get in game shape and not have swelling in the knee, that's why they "cleaned it out".
Well, let them keep cleaning it. Seriously, no point messing with that knee right now. Just come back next year and we'll see where we stand.

He's an injury risk no matter what. Seeing him play in a dozen games this season won't change this. I'd rather they just let him take the time to get it ready for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Correct. He did not start skating untill the muscles in and around the knee have grown enough to reduce strain on his ligament transplant...let us not forget his new ligament is a donation from a dead person...
From a dead person? lol

I don't know why that strikes me as being funny but it just does.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
  #224
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, let them keep cleaning it. Seriously, no point messing with that knee right now. Just come back next year and we'll see where we stand.

He's an injury risk no matter what. Seeing him play in a dozen games this season won't change this. I'd rather they just let him take the time to get it ready for next year.
I think that's what they're thinking, which is why he went through the arthroscopic surgery in the first place. However, at this point, there's little else for him to do except start skating. I can't imagine there's anything more to be surgically done, so all that remains is rehab and getting back into game shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
From a dead person? lol

I don't know why that strikes me as being funny but it just does.
"Dead people can't play hockey! MARKOV'S DONE!" Rabble rabble rabble.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  #225
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We're better off just letting him heal.

As for knowing if he can take a hit or not, at this point it doesn't really matter. We're stuck with him anyway. What is watching him take a hit going to prove to us that we don't already know?

We already know for sure. Just like we did coming into this season. He's a big injury risk. That's it. We need to be aware of this and plan accordingly.

Even if he comes back and plays really well and that knee holds up it changes nothing.
If Markov gets cleared to play, then he's healed. No point in letting him heal past his healing point..
The guy needs playing time, if he's healed, there's no point in keeping him out.

Today he's a huge injury risk, heck, we still don't even know if he'll be able to continue his career.
If he gets cleared and is able to play 2months without suffering any damage, we don't need to worry as much. A depth signing would suffice.
If he doesn't get cleared, then he remains a huge question mark. A replacement would be needed.

Even if he remains a risk, at least if he plays 2months without any damage, then you at least know he should be ready by game 1 of next year and everything should be fine.
It does change your outlook imo.

Kriss E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.