HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
And then I notice that some guys like Jared Boll, Cody McLeod, Shane O'Brien, Theo Peckam, Ben Eager and Paul Bissonnette, just to name a few, have all more goals than Gomez.
You forgot Cam Ward.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
walsy37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You forgot Cam Ward.
and Hal Gill. . .

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
ThaDevilGirl

I want to celebrate Scott Gomez on Sunday.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
If he scores before Sunday, so be it. I'll be happy for him. If the 'Scott Gomez Day' occurs on Sunday, I won't feel one bit bad (sad, ashamed, disappointed, disgusted) to see Habs fan cheer, scream, sing, laugh at or boo Scott Gomez. At a certain point, enough is enough! Hopefully, the organization will not dress him/send him down/trade him/ get rid of him before that actual date. If not, then go Fans go! Make your voices heard.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The day we'll stop talking about "class acts" and actually go with hockey players that can produce, we will be a better hockey team. The guy is paid to play hockey not to be an ambassador to the team. Clearly, it doesn't pleases him but it doesn't please us either. You are a public figure, expect the public to be somewhat dumb and/or funny depending and make all kinds of stuff. I know I would prefer Gomez to say to people "Go **** yourselves" and score from time to time. Just like I LOVE hearing Cole being sarcastic towards the boo-birds. THAT's character. And Cole can say and do whatever he can. 'Cause he's actually doing something out there.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
Scott Gomez deserves any **** that comes his way. It is embarrassing for both him and the team/organization.
Why is it his fault? Our GM was dumb enough to offer him 7m.

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
shamrun

This season has been really hard on my spirit, probably on all of us. So with the coming of G-Day we can all rejoice together as fans in laughter.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCyber View Post
Might want to check your facts on that one...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
This season has been really hard on my spirit, probably on all of us. So with the coming of G-Day we can all rejoice together as fans in laughter.
EXACTLY. Hopefully, fans look at this date and celebration with humor. I'm hoping for hilarious stuff on Sunday.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Miller Time

given Gomez's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a good laugh about the celebration, while sitting on his couch watching movies in a giddy haze...

frankly, we all deserve to enjoy the celebration and get a good laugh out of it... since it's obvious that we won't be getting any other positive emotions from his tenure in montreal, might as well enjoy what we can.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
I'd love it if the fans give him a standing ovation. And I would absolutely love it if he scores that day. Would be great.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I'd love it if the fans give him a standing ovation.
Throw confetti on the ice.... Sing Happy Goal-day Gomez... Standing Ovation... I'm sure fans will be able to come up with original stuff.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:10 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Throw confetti on the ice.... Sing Happy Goal-day Gomez... Standing Ovation... I'm sure fans will be able to come up with original stuff.
Nice song idea.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Image they had a _your name here_ day cause you can't seem to get on the right track at work? This **** is stupid.
thats the way it goes when a person is a celebrity in a way-
dont feel too sorry for him- all the millions he makes every year im sure cushions the Blow- Gomez did this to himself- he used to be somewhat gritty when he was sucessful(long time ago)- go to the net and all actually check and hit the opp some- he decided to quit that and play nothing but a bit of flash showing of his skating ability and playing no hit no contact perimeter play -oh well

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Was Sather from NY Rangers who offered that kind of money. But we got his buddy Bob Gainey who traded McDonagh, Higgins for Gomez and his salary.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
How about the fact that Gomez hasn't scored in almost a calendar year? Gomez could be making the league minimum and it would still be a massive failure on his part. The guy plays enough minutes at ES + PP to score a ****ing goal or even produce points at a somewhat respectable rate.

Gomez is at fault for sucking and the team/GM is at fault for still having him around.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Lucky for him, the anniversary falls on Superbowl Sunday and will probably get lost in all that hoopla.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The heist Gomez pulled off makes the "Brinks Job" look like small potatoes. If he were still a Ranger he'd be toiling away that contract in Connecticut.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:19 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
I just don't understand how Gomez is getting outscored by guys who mostly play in Hamilton (ie Leblanc & St-Denis). I mean statistically-speaking it's almost an impossibility.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The day we'll stop talking about "class acts" and actually go with hockey players that can produce, we will be a better hockey team. The guy is paid to play hockey not to be an ambassador to the team. Clearly, it doesn't pleases him but it doesn't please us either. You are a public figure, expect the public to be somewhat dumb and/or funny depending and make all kinds of stuff. I know I would prefer Gomez to say to people "Go **** yourselves" and score from time to time. Just like I LOVE hearing Cole being sarcastic towards the boo-birds. THAT's character. And Cole can say and do whatever he can. 'Cause he's actually doing something out there.
Sums up my views. Great post.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The day we'll stop talking about "class acts" and actually go with hockey players that can produce, we will be a better hockey team.
Its amusing to think we'd be a MUCH, MUCH better team with any of the ''headcases'' and ''classless guys'' we gave away for nothing instead of Gomez.

I'm not just talking about Ribeiro or SKostitsyn, ********* Lapierre is 10x the player Gomez is.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Picaroon

Ya this is kind of mean.

I really really hope he doesn't score his first at home and gets a patented sarcastic ovation from the crowd. That would be much more embarrassing than Gomez' goalless streak.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
You have to have a serious self esteem issue to hope for someone to not succeed.
This is what it comes down to for me. And with internet technology I don't think this kinda stuff is good for anyone. There will always be sheep that pile on for whatever reason.

IDK. Years ago a professional athlete's relationship with the media was different. If they didn't read the newspaper they could separate themselves. But with the information age it's so different. An athlete is having a tough time and it's gonna be hard for them to escape.

Can't see anything good coming from this. It's too bad really.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Ya this is kind of mean.

I really really hope he doesn't score his first at home and gets a patented sarcastic ovation from the crowd. That would be much more embarrassing than Gomez' goalless streak.
I wouldn't go that far. Do you have any idea how bad it is for a player to not score a goal in a ****ing year long.. or something like 55 games? And we are not talking about goon that plays 4-6 minutes a game, we are talking about a guy that plays around 18 min a game, on the top 6, never skips a PP cannot put the puck in the net for 56 games. That is close to 1000 straight minutes of ice-time without a goal.

And in those 56 games, he had only 22 assists. So the theory that he's not supposed to score because he's a playmaker, it doesn't work either.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Do you have any idea how bad it is for a player to not score a goal in a ****ing year long.. or something like 55 games? And we are not talking about goon that plays 4-6 minutes a game, we are talking about a guy that plays around 18 min a game, on the top 6, never skips a PP cannot put the puck in the net for 56 games. That is close to 1000 straight minutes of ice-time without a goal.

And in those 56 games, he had only 22 assists. So the theory that he's not supposed to score because he's a playmaker, it doesn't work either.
Maybe so. But i refuse to believe Gomez is feeling good about all of this. He does show effort on the ice. He just sucks. Plain and simple.

But its pretty immature to make fun of the guy for it. It sure doesn't live up to the image of our fan base as the most "knowledgeable" hockey fans around.

I'm definitely not a Gomez fan. I want him out. No doubt. But I blame our cheapskate owner, ball-less GM and incompetent coaching just as much as I blame Gomez. They have all played an equal part in creating this situation.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote