HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rumor: Orr will play next game

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 12:53 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Well, i guess not, maybe vs. Calgary he'll play. Or maybe never. Ill have to beat my brother up now.
Yeah, he'll definitley play vs Calgary I'd think. They are a very gritty, scrappy team

Old
01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
No one wants him in for Hollweg...not even me. However, you can't say that about Orr when he hasn't been given a chance. He handled 8 minutes in Washington. Just let the kid play when he's dressed...and dress him
What did I say about him that was wrong?--that he was a goon plain and simple who had idea about checking his man? I think that about sums him up. I really don't see this comparison that some have made to Kocur. Unless you're just comparing him to being a very tough western canadian kid. In that he compares to Kocur. I looked up Kocur in the database and compared him to Orr and this is what I saw that by the time Joe was 23 (like Orr is now) he had already played two full NHL seasons and had 19 NHL goals. On top of that his last season in the WHL he had 40 goals. Orr played a whole season last year in the AHL and had 1. So he may be comparable to Kocur as a fighter but not as a hockey player. Hollweg is more comparable to Kocur the hockey player but not Kocur the fighter.

Don't get me wrong TBBB I have no problem with Colton being a part of this team--it's just that like Renney I look at him as an odd man out on most nights and I look at 2 points in the standings as more important than sending messages to the goons on other teams.

Last edited by eco's bones: 01-07-2006 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add question mark
Closed Thread