HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Power Play

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 04:23 AM
coyote

vCash: 500
Power Play

Is it just me or is our power play just as bad this year as it was last year? I have no stats but was wondering. It's early though.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Oilhitch

I have no stats either but I would agree that it is awful. They are not getting "good" scoring chances. They are getting some shots but nothing thats really threatening.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:15 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
I have no stats either but I would agree that it is awful. They are not getting "good" scoring chances. They are getting some shots but nothing thats really threatening.
Edmonton has 9 goals in 74 attempts for a 12.1% average to rank 28th in the league. Going into the Leaf game they were 1 for 25 on the road, or 4%. In terms of penalty kills they are tied for last in the number of goals given up and are second last in terms of PK% at 78%.

If Craig Simpson was hired to improve the PP so far it hasn't worked.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:40 AM
coyote

Now tell me they don't miss Marchant.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Now tell me they don't miss Marchant.

As I recall back to last year, with Marchant, the Oilers PP was horrible.

Marchant is not the answer to their PP woes. They are missing as actual PP quarterback. Bergeron was supposed to bring some flavour to this position but so far it seems he's lacking support and confidence.

Every team in the league knows the Oilers move. They dump it in and try to use their spped on the opposite boards to gain the offensive zone. This has not been working. And with a little defensive pressure the Oilers turn over the puck faster than Mike Comrie saying he want to be traded.

Old
11-09-2003, 10:39 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
We should rename our power play the sour play. I bet teams just lick their chops at the prospect of taking a penalty against us. It's not like we're gonna score anyway.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:18 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
We should rename our power play the sour play. I bet teams just lick their chops at the prospect of taking a penalty against us. It's not like we're gonna score anyway.
Yes the Oilers' team momemtum gets all puckered up, soured by the low intensity anemic powerless play which sucks the life out of team spirit.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:20 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Yes the Oilers' team momemtum gets all puckered up, soured by the low intensity anemic powerless play which sucks the life out of team spirit.
Our PK is better at generating chances.

You know there's trouble when.......

Old
11-09-2003, 11:37 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

you know our powerplay is in trouble, when shorthanded goals against are getting close to the powerplay goals we have scored. all i can is ouch, too predictable and not enough movement.

Old
11-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Obsessed

Our PP is an Oxymoron. How pathetic... Last nights Powerplay pass fest was a frustrating thing to behold. It was like a Monty Pyton skit... Pass or I'll say pass again..and again and again... When is Smytty gonna stop trying the wraparound?? Eddie must giggle when Smyth is behind the net. Like a reoccuring dream I have only Eddie is wearing a Stars uniform. **shudder**

Closed Thread