HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
So we start posting on HF that Carter to LA makes sense and then Eklund finds a "source" that ays Carter to LA? Isn't this just typical Eklund? There's a reason why he's not viewed as credible on here (not attacking you Capn, just saying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
So according to Eklund EVERYONE who is an upcoming UFA forward or has previously played with Mike Richards or the Flyers is on our radar.

Got it.

****ing Eklund.
Exactly. Eklund, master of the shotgun theory when it comes to trade rumours. A bunch of players will be traded at the deadline + post rumours of almost every NHLer known to man getting traded + include all teams even remotely likely to be a buyer/seller = guarantee to hit on something.

Then people scream that Eklund hit on something and his crap gets more hits. It's comical. The guy's a genius in how to be a nobody and still say popular. Eklund is the Perez Hilton of the hockey world.

Old
02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
SFKingshomer

Aaron Portzline with the Columbus dispatch was just on NHL live talking about Carter to LA making sense and he knows for sure they will trade him because they want him gone ASAP. He said it wasn't so much about the money or the assets coming back as it is about the player being traded.

Old
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
johnjm22

Aaron Portzline is a credible source.

Did he say specifically why the want him gone ASAP?

Old
02-01-2012, 04:57 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I don't know, but his cap hit plus his familiarity with Richards and scoring pedigree makes too much sense for Dean not to at least be considering offers.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Nope but it sounds like he asked for a trade or they're fed up with something about him. It's not a salary issue and they aren't as concerned about the assets they will receive in return as it is about trading him out of town. "He will be traded sooner, rather than later". His gut feeling was that it will be to the city he's in right now which happens to be LA.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings4thecup View Post
I just heard from Boomer on the Breakaway that his "sources" say the Carter deal is going to happen sooner, not later. He doubts LA as the destination, though, but that part was just his opinion.
This Boomer?

Old
02-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Hard not to speculate. Carter does make me nervous tho. Sure DL has the down low on a guy like Carter and will do his due diligence before making such a big deal, if it indeed goes down.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Aaron Portzline with the Columbus dispatch was just on NHL live talking about Carter to LA making sense and he knows for sure they will trade him because they want him gone ASAP. He said it wasn't so much about the money or the assets coming back as it is about the player being traded.
Good, how many bags of pucks do they want with Penner.

Seriously though, if Dean really is kicking the tires on this deal and all of these problems are well known in the GM community I expect the Kings to not offer Johnson or Bernier in a deal for Carter.

How does Howson have a job still?

Old
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Carter will be fine if he comes here. Gotta look at the big picture of why he's unhappy and all that stuff. It'll cost a bit, but the deal won't be unsavory.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
SuperAlmeida

I would start with offering a package around Forbort + 1st 2013 + Penner/Stoll (salary reasons) (+) ?

Or we could package one/some of Bernier/Martinez/Voynov

Then I would draft a big defenseman in the upcoming draft, which is deep on D.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

What do we think CBJ would take for Carter? Do you think we can make it happen without losing one of Voynov or Bernier? Maybe Zatkoff + Penner + Marty?

Old
02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
What do you guys think about Malkin to the Kings?

Malkin in LA? Nobody Malks in LA!

Old
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
What do we think CBJ would take for Carter? Do you think we can make it happen without losing one of Voynov or Bernier? Maybe Zatkoff + Penner + Marty?
Bernier seems like the most logical piece even if many think goalie prospects are overrated.

I would hate to lose Voynov...Martinez played college hockey in Ohio. Forbort I would package in a heartbeat....not a fan.

Our first this year would suck to lose as we don't have a second.

Would rather move Stoll as a salary dump as we need the wingers we have, even Pancakes himself.

I doubt LA gets Carter without some kind of sting involved.

IF we go after him.

Old
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Carter will be fine if he comes here. Gotta look at the big picture of why he's unhappy and all that stuff. It'll cost a bit, but the deal won't be unsavory.
Based on what evidence?

Old
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would think Columbus is interested in a new goalie (as Portzline wrote in his previous column) as they are likely to dump/buy-out Mason over the summer. I figure the main center piece in a trade for Carter would have to include Bernier, along with a salary dump (Stoll or Penner) and a prospect like Hickey or Forbort and/or a high draft pick.

The Kings could try to acquire Sanford from Columbus as a backup to Quick to finish up the season or they could acquire Nabokov from the Islanders.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:21 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Bernier seems like the most logical piece even if many think goalie prospects are overrated.

I would hate to lose Voynov...Martinez played college hockey in Ohio. Forbort I would package in a heartbeat....not a fan.

Would rather move Stoll as a salary dump as we need the wingers we have, even Pancakes himself.

IF we go after him.
How much have you seen of Forbort?

Old
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Based on what evidence?
It's speculation, but ending up in a large metropolis like LA with his best buddy on a decently contending team would probably perk anyone's spirits up after being banished to Columbus.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I heard his interview and thought it was interesting that he mentioned other teams that might be interested but that a team (LA) that would be a good fit is one where Carter would not have to be a leader, which is the mistak Columbus made. Carter never had to do that in Philly, he was a supporting player not a 'lead horse', that was Richards job.
And he's right...LA has leaders in place, or 'lead horses' as he put it.

There's other reports out of Columbus with simiiar tones to Portzline's ,that Carter's attitude is causing problems and has had something to do with their decline this year. That might be why they want him gone sooner.

He mentioned that he felt that Howson is looking for high draft picks and young talent in the deal.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
SFKingshomer

Not a fan of Carter but the most I'd be willing to offer is Loktionov/Bernier/Martinez or one of our D prospects. As long as JJ/Voynov aren't in the deal, I'd be ok with the gamble. Would rather have Quick re-signed before trading Bernier but this isn't a perfect world.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Not a fan of Carter but the most I'd be willing to offer is Loktionov/Bernier/Martinez or one of our D prospects. As long as JJ/Voynov aren't in the deal, I'd be ok with the gamble. Would rather have Quick re-signed before trading Bernier but this isn't a perfect world.
Me too.

Bernier+Forbort might pique their interest. I would substitute a pick for Forbort if that's what they prefer. Bernier is very good, but this year has erased any doubt that this is Quick's team.

It's a steep price, but I would do it.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post

IF we go after him.
Considering how little shutdown defensemen we have in this system as opposed to offensive puck movers I would be more inclined to give away Voynov and Martinez before giving up Forbort...who is a nationally recognized shut down defensemen.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
How much have you seen of Forbort?

WJC the last two years. A couple of college games. Just think he is a huge project. If it came down to him or VV-it's see ya laters Forbort. imho

Old
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Considering how little shutdown defensemen we have in this system as opposed to offensive puck movers I would be more inclined to give away Voynov and Martinez before giving up Forbort...who is a nationally recognized shut down defensemen.
don't see him cracking the line up any time soon. Not gonna just give him away but I would for a scorer on a multi year deal.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Bernier, Martinez, Stoll and Hickey for Carter.

Move Kopi to wing.

Kopitar-Richards-Williams
Penner-Carter-Brown
Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Hunter
Westy

Old
02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Very good point, but every year good shutdown guys are usually available in free agency. Effective puck movers are harder to come by in general. I would be very hesitant to give up Voynov up right now. He has great vision and poise already, he just has 'it'. I think he's going to be really, really good.

Closed Thread